Ex-dev's update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiero Steele, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Hi all,

Would like to know how it's going with the developers that have left the game? Still have a home in Novia? Got a new job?

I know about Bob who is still recovering from the attack of the wild vacuum cleaner, get well soon! but I'll think it will take awhile before you are up and around.

So if anyone knows anything or a ex-dev still reads the forums please let me,us know.

Thanks,
    Fiero Steele

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I do know that Scott Jennings is now working for Cloud Imperium that is developing Star Citizen :)

3. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Play 2 games, SOTA and Star Citizen :) good to know!

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lots of people play more games. I play sota but sometimes I putter on a single player role playing game or sometimes I take a peek at a new game. I checked out Black Desert to see how some of their systems were implemented and to see if they resembled fun and why. I can see x-devs keeping their eye out on this game that they helped to develop. I too would love to know they are doing well and I also wish we could have them all back. *sighs* ;), I wish I knew something. The only Dev I talked to also was Scottie and he said he still comes to help out on Sota when he can. We are so lucky.

5. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Have you checked out ArcheAge? It has similar features to SotA, more so than Black Desert imo.

Derium and Baratan like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Open PvP... Hard Pass.
    I will never play a game where I can be pulled into someone else's game without my permission.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I waited for archeage to come to the US for 4 years. I played it right before I came here. For me they were just not my game. They miss the cozy hominess this game offers.

8. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

LOL

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Why did you find that amusing, @macnlos?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  10. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Well, you aren't exactly being pulled into their game without permission, that is just the game you are playing. It's like saying you won't play call of duty online deathmatch becuase someone might shoot you while you're trying to just walk around and check out the scenery.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Exactly... I also don't play Call of Duty Deathmatch.
    I wouldn't have backed SotA if it were going to be Open PvP.
    I won't play Archeage because it's Open PvP.

If I am about my business, and someone leaps from a dark alley and attacks me, they're pulling me out of my game, doing what I wish to do, and into their game doing what They wish to do, on their timetable.
    I don't find this entertaining, and won't pay for the privilege.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Uff. Not sure that's an improvement. But he seems to like challenges ^^

macnlos likes this.
  13. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

If when factions are implemented, I hope people in their safe bubbles get enticed to acquire factions points or similar in an always PVPable mode. Because if you are conducting business on behalf of a guild, you ought to be vulnerable to a degree. I hope guilds encourage people stay in that mode as to acquire those "faction points"...

Maybe new accounts and those opting out of the faction system could have protection bubbles.

If the world of Novia is really going to be a fun place, there WILL need to be some level of danger in most places of the world.

Not many of us want to admit it, but the lack of risk and abundance of safe zones does not promote a fun/heart pounding/never know what excatly will happen/ experience.

I really hope factions will push their members to trade that saftey and accept some level of risk.

I hope they have an idea how they can pull this off to keep everyone happy. They have had a very long time to think about it.

Boris Mondragon, Anvar and Verit like this.
  14. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

But I hope all the ex devs are enjoying themselves whatever they are doing!

Cheers to ye all for all the fantastic work that has been completed thus far!

CatherineRose and that_shawn_guy like this.
  15. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I play different games all the time. Currently playing GTA5 online, The Sims 4, Vermintide 2, The Witcher 2 and on and on. I'd burn out on my MMO if there was no diversification. There are WAY too many amazing games out there to limit oneself to just one MMO. That's nuts!

16. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I'll admit.. 100% safety as it is is boring!

Verit likes this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Why is it so hard for so many to accept that there are many people who're Not seeking a Heart Pounding, Never-Know-What-Exactly-Will-Happen experience, and don't find that fun?

I accept that there are many that Do find that fun, and I want them to have what they desire... I just don't want to be forced into that because I don't think it's fun.

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then flag yourself. You have that option.

Elwyn, Chatele, Scanphor and 2 others like this.
  19. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Let those willing to stay in kansas do so in peace! but those seeking fruitful adventure ought to be rewarded.

I would like to at least see meteors land in these safe zones as a gentle reminder all is not at peace in a world where the sky is falling down.

Perhaps that would be enough it feel slight danger. Anything that isn't 100% safe might just do the trick.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  20. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Ummm.... Says You @craftymethod & if that is what makes a game fun for you? Go for it.... Some place else...

I do not want, need, nor desire to be killed, while I afk (for real life reasons)
    I play this game, because unless I "choose to be flagged" or am in a PVP scene,
    I can play & attend to "Real Life in the Real World" <<<<< Yes that "Real Life Thing" exists for some of us who enjoy the World of New Britannia...

I have heard that there are already many games out there which would suit you need & want for.....
    Please...?
    Leave us to go about our "Play/Life Balance enjoying this World as it evolves"...
    and for YOU? >>> Go & find what you seek in another existing game that caters for what you desire.... please?

Elwyn, Chatele, Cyin and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.