Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 58 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 58 QA Feedback' started by DarkStarr, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Better VERY late than never right? So very sorry for the delay but as we mentioned moving seriously disrupted all our plans and I'm incredibly behind.

Here is a rough draft of the Release 58 Instructions Post. Lots of stuff is still in progress, including the text itself, features, content, etc. Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R57 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here> or are blank. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

2. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

No Undead Summons scaling balance or fix? I thought that was coming in R58 @DarkStarr ....

Still, thank you very much for the draft!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Thanks DarkStar. Pretty much what we been doing in QA since it was opened. I am sure majority of the content is things we will or wont see. Alot of bug fixes and such. Content so far is great. Had fun today working on the dungeon.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, here's some changes seen in my first pass through the notes.

Planting Beds: Planting Beds now need unobstructed space above them and must be placed flat (horizontal) on the ground to function properly. This means planting beds can no longer be stacked on top of each other. If you have bed currently stacked on top of each other, or oriented in any other direction than horizontal, then they will no longer function properly until they are unstacked. These bugs was causing server performance issues and various other issues.
    - comma after horizontlal should be removed since you are using the word then in the sentence right after it.
    - these bugs was: was should be are (or were if you want to indicate past issues)

Break Armor & Break Weapon: We updated the descriptions to note that they now hit two targe
    - Break Armor & Break Weapon isn't bold (like other headings)

Player-Made Dungeons: Player can
    - Player chould be Players

5. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Does loot drops for dungeons include supply bundles?

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  6. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

These bugs was causing server performance issues and various

These bugs were causing....sorry I'm a bit of a grammar nazi!

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

waylay

targets

remove a now

if you've added spider encounters, make a paragraph up top with the barbarians

new sentence

its

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

For:
    • Physical Goods: Phase 1 of the Collector’s boxes is complete and we have begun preparations for Phase 2. Please see the post in the forums for more details.

Add a link to the actual forum post.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, there is a craftable dungeon foyer, Small Single Connection Grey Stone Dungeon Foyer, mentioned under the Player-Made Dungeon section, but it's not listed in the new Recipes section. NOr does it say were the recipe and blueprints can be purchased.

10. Bigg

Bigg Avatar

• Retired Towns: Due to the popularWe have retired three unpopulated towns in Release 58: Dorwald
    Maybe pull Due to the popular out of the sentence?

11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

You guys are giving feedback as I am literally typing. :p

12. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Should this be Festering?

I do not see a range of damage inflicted in QA 747. Perhaps this has not been implemented yet?

DarkStarr likes this.
  13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Everyone just so keyed up to read the notes - close to the buzzer as it were ;)

Witcheypoo, Sentinel2 and DarkStarr like this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you'd said the drop rate of patterns from salvage was going to be increased. is that in 58?

Chatele likes this.
  15. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Has this been delayed @DarkStarr (The quote is from the Beary Sorry thread)?

16. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

Planting Beds now need unobstructed space above them and must be placed flat (horizontal) on the ground to function properly. This means planting beds can no longer be stacked on top of each other. If you have planting beds currently stacked on top of each other, or oriented in any other direction than horizontal then they will no longer function properly until they are unstacked. These bugs were causing server performance issues and various other issues.

@DarkStarr : Is this change for Planting Barrels and Pot also, because Pots and Barrels are "declined" as Deco-Objekts, so isnt that not lonegr possible to place Plantign Barrels and Pots on Pedestrals and other Deco-Items?

Rentier likes this.
  17. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Fire arrows effects stack 4 times is a bug but 3 times is right. So you...just cut fire arrow damage with 1/4 just because of OOPSIE? O REALLY? :confused:

This is getting beyond ridiculous. THERE IS NO INFORMATION WHAT SPELLS STACK AND WHAT NOT OR HOW MANY TIMES THEY SUPPOSE TO STACK! This information is hidden, buried, send to an undisclosed location, that apparently only 2 people on this planet knows about! o_O

How about making some GENERAL STACKING RULES that is WRITTEN ON SPELL DESCRIPTIONS.

Surprise NERFS on skills due to lack of even basic information how these skills work is.....WONDERFUL.:mad:

Malimn likes this.
  18. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

• R58 Lot Deed Raffle Winners: Tickets for the R58 Raffle were sold during R57 and the winners of the raffle will be announced the day after R58 goes live. Deeds will be delivered shortly after that."
    The winners have not been announced anymore.

Jaesun, Sindariya and Alley Oop like this.
  19. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

@DarkStarr
    at the beginning you say
    later when you explain player made dungeons you say
    First one is correct.

What about the recipes? Are they not linked to the area?

The recipes are also at the bookstore. If I read thise point I would think that recipes = blueprints. But that is not the case, so please mention boths.

At the point Dungeon Foyer you say the foyer will come with the bought dungeon entrances. For those that have already claimed the entrance, do they have to claim the rewards again to get the foyer or will it just appear in the bank?

Okay now I'm a bit confused. So far I couldn't see any options on QA to set the built dungeon to playable, so that someone can enter the dungeon in not build mode. If there will be a play mode, perhaps it is easier to say that for R58 we can only place the rooms, nothing more. Because we will also not be able to decorate or place rez points.

Chatele likes this.
  20. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

what, I guess something is missing in the sentence? like reach, hit, do not like?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.