My build sucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I built my avatar around ranged combat, light armor and healing. My rationale was to avoid being hit as much as possible and deal damage from a distance. Unfortunately, steady changes have made this impossible. Instead of feeling like a hero, I feel like a dolt.

Kudos to all of you that have made heavy armor builds and are able to beat the higher level mobs.

2. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

there is lot in light armor with ranged that do end game solo, so don't knock your build just add to it. Will say though I don't recommend ranged specialization but that's just me... I went taming and earth special so look who's talking but I got both ranged all gm'd working on getting them all to 130 now and blunts I got gm not working on better those skills tell I got all my taming done complete...… oh an not saying nothing I got light armor gm'd in everything I use, and heavy armor gm'd in some of the skills but haven't worked on them since final wipe again will do later.... An truelly I got a few friends that wear mixture that can basically solo everything but ancient dragon right now (and might be able to do him not sure he took a break right when I came back an he has only got on so he could tank the obsidian destroyer so I could try taming it

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Keep ur spirits up light armor is viable.. diaz solos all the dragons and that includes the ancheint in light armor. Also ive seen air/ranger builds that make me jealous. Try air spec with 140 airs embrace makes archery sing.

Antrax Artek, Jaesun and Witcheypoo like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Then I must be doing something wrong because most high level mobs are faster than me even with speed boosts and disabling shot.

Jimmy Cliff and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Though I do have a good grasp of archery enough to tell you there are many awesome players that play it. @Spinok I think is one of the eliets

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I agree that Archers need a better slow down skill, since the mobs are on u way to fast to even charge up an arrow ….. I find my self as an archer actually fighting toe
    to
    toe , because the dang mobs are way too fast.... this should not be....

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This is why I see alot of them going high in air, for the stuns.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I feel the same. It seems like I always have 5 skeletons on me with hammers, chain-stunning me. It's really not fun.

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Well that happens to all of us I think, those melee skeletons piss me off also lol.

Witcheypoo and Rentier like this.
  10. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

the real question is why can't range spec be worth training. The only thing I really see from it is the 6th card and the 10th arror in rapid fire if you train all the way to 130. Other than that nothing interesting right?

Tiki Pirate and Chatele like this.
  11. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Well, it lets you train up all the rest of your skills really high with less decay build, so there's that.

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Dodge debuff can be nice at times. On the other hand, blinding shot has a combat parry debuff, seems they think archers are group players..:rolleyes:

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Yea, i did the same. Still doing ok-ish, need to be very carefull though. And also using cover is a must. Sadly, the cover mechanic is 10 times as good as any light armor skill. Sprint, useless since there are better options out there.. Flurry works if you don't use berserker. I take berserker over Flurry anytime though. And don't get me started about evasion... Let's face the facts, light armor is useless without going deep into the air tree for stuns.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

More chances to land all three arrows on Multishot is actually not bad now that multishot has been buffed (a few releases back) and the fact that you will lose less exp from decay on your ranged skills going GM and above.

15. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I was light armor, blades and using a steady line of poison and destroying much higher level mobs.

It's entirely possible to do this with light armor.

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I use light armor on my Mage, Blade and Harpoon guys. Chrystoph is my only heavy. If you use light I would suggest getting Death Shield. Makes all the difference in the world.

Jaesun, Chatele and Lesni like this.
  17. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Yikes I forgot that the spec saves me on decay. I guess changing specs might be painful.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Multi Shot is a bit of a bright spot in the Ranged tree... as long as I can get one off before I'm stunned into oblivion.

Witcheypoo and Rentier like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've been using Immolation since they added the -25% heal nerf. I might try Death Shield again.

20. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

IMO cheap death penalty for skills in specialization trees is a big part of specialization. It means that if you are going to go big on skills you should probably do it in your area of specialization. If they do away with the death penalty I hope they add in some other bonus for specialization. Maybe skills in specialized tree cost half as much to level if your specialization skills is 80+ ? (That might be problematic to implement but it would be nice to see something that benefits you when you level skills in a specialized tree.)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Witcheypoo and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.