Physical rewards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

If so, It makes me wonder did US players also paid for international shipping?

Amelli likes this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I have not, but I don't recall being asked either. At least not yet anyway. It is odd for sure.

Verit likes this.
  3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

That is what I thought too. Can anyone tell what is logic behind this then?

Verit and Amelli like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would presume the boxes are being assembled in France because some part of the manufacturing is taking place there? In which case I would expect some (or all) of the assembled packages to ship to the US, and then from there out to the world. But it's hard to say. It may be that they've hired some sort of fulfillment service in France, and all orders will ship out from there, but that seems unlikely.

5. Corv

Corv Avatar

this is so cute :)
    reminds me of early teen years when I waited for a call of a girl who was unlikely to call me. Missed call: "was that her??"

Meniketti and Sir Cabirus like this.
  6. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

So, it's been over 2 months. Anyone received anything yet?

7. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Verit and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

I submitted a support request. I couldn't see anything relating to a shipping voucher in either my account or the store, so unsure where to get that (or that I needed it)

9. Lained

Lained Avatar

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im still waiting on mine, so ur not the only one.

Verit likes this.
  11. Verit

Verit Avatar

I think this is another case of semi-transparency.
    We see so much of Ports operations and we speculate so much about what we dont see. I would never want to run a business in a fish bowl, especially one under such intense scrutiny.

Perhaps , they had no idea where they would ship physical goods from or even where they would acquire them in the first place.
    Maybe, they had enough foresight to predict the need for international shipping fees to be passed on to the customers.
    Possibly, they got a good deal in France and they where in a quandary. Make more customers now pay to ship the box and Refund all the people that already paid? Or ... whatever they did exactly. And who knows what caused shipping phases?
    I dont want to add to conspiracies and other nonsense. I would never want to work under the conditions these folks work. Just about every job gets dirty from time to time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    majoria70 and Sir Frank like this.
  12. amcdermo

amcdermo Avatar

I'm struggling here. I made a Collector's pledge during the kickstarter and it shows $165 paid for the $150 pledge. There's nothing in my account in the add-on section other than $0 value rewards . I completed the survey long ago but didn't update my address here until recently because I didn't see anything there saying to also go here. There's been no emails about it. I also can't post in the main thread. I'll contact support but this is far messier than it should have been.

Amelli likes this.
  13. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

If you dont get your box you can always buy a signed one from the add on store.

14. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

The store one looks better then my box with a sticker. I wish mine was signed. :(

15. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

It sounds like you did buy the original postage, which was $15. It should already be on your account, I can't remember where it shows though sorry.

16. amcdermo

amcdermo Avatar

I don't see it in the account but I found my survey response email from earlier this year where it specifically says:
    "Shipping to
    INTL ($15)"

It also gives the original shipping estimate of October 2014. Delivery coming via TARDIS? :p

Maybe it only shows the post as an add-on after it was sold as an item rather than being included as an extra $15 to the pledge. That's if it was sold as an item when buying off the website. Anyone remember?

17. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

I did mine the same way as you, at Kickstarter for $15, got my package a few weeks ago. Yours has probably been sent out, may not have been delivered correctly, best to check with support, so they can look into it for you.

amcdermo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.