Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wyverns

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by disorder, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disorder

disorder Avatar

Don't want to be negative here, the Wyverns are awesome, they are looking great!! I really like them a lot, great job!

But I have to confess, I am very curious about the level and stats.

Is it intended that they are lower level and massively out-performed by the Destroyer Bear?

I have been looking forward to the Wyvern so much, but I was really hoping it would be significantly harder to tame and at least on-par with a Destroyer Bear, if not better. It is a little bit dissapointing that I will still be turning to my bear when my Wyvern is looking so cool!!

Just my thoughts :)

Pawz and Grimbone like this.
  2. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I have a feeling, down the road, we may see Obsidian Wyverns, Ferocious Wyverns and Wyvern Destroyers. Something along those lines. :)

Numa, Net, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  3. disorder

disorder Avatar

If that is the case, I would be thrilled with that!! I just hope it is something like that, and not a mess up with the numbers :)

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also, if I am recalling correctly, taming is getting a rework when they start on chapter 2.

disorder likes this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

I am extremely disappointed that my purple wyvern died and vanished in like 10 seconds after death just as I was casting resurrection on her. What is the point of being healer and spending reagents and xp in resurrection when I cannot res my not strong but nice pet?

Lord Trady of Blix and Gaelis like this.
  6. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

I believe they said that Wyverns would be a 1 shot pet, if it dies it is gone, permadeath. This was stated in one of the livestreams i believe. They are the first pet to have this situation. In the future they plan to give even more high level pets with the permadeath thing. Sorry to say it, as it sucks :-( but there it is. Keep on using the obsidian destroyer, those bugbears ROCK and you can rez them!
    Witcheypoo

7. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Tamed Wyverns are not permadeath. We have discussed bring this back but it is only in the initial design phases. What Net mentioned is a bug. I entered a JIRA and will try to reproduce and investigate the issue. There were not changes to the taming system that would account for the issue mentioned. Adding wvyerns and tamed versions was only data.

8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Just had an Orange Wyvern die and was able to rez it on the collar. Seems like when a wyvern dies the corspe disappears fast but you can still rez it by the collar.

Another bug I noticed is if you get knocked down by a wyvern you will fail to tame it and you will also get no message in chat.

9. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Also right now wyverns are NOT high level/end game pets , they may have more attack options then ALL other pets but there still to weak …. making these wyverns perma death would be the biggest joke ingame implemented so far. It was stated the tougher ones are not ingame yet. They may add the perma death to them if perma death is actually put in.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  10. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Found the issue and fixed it. Will be next week until it makes it a build. Currently when a tamed Wveryn dies it disappears too fast.

11. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

are they still able to be resurrected even though there buggered an disappear?

12. Net

Net Avatar

Was not able to do so. The body vanished as I had resurrect going on... It said Purple Wyvern on necklace for about 5 mins but the summons were unanswered and then it vanished from the summon necklace.
    Violet will be missed, but her sacrifice was for a good cause.

13. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Yes, as long as you rez it before your rez timer on the collar expires.

14. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Did you have the collar equipped? I noticed if it is in your bag, it wont rez but equipped it rezzed just fine.

15. Net

Net Avatar

The whistle necklace was equipped.

16. Rochell

Rochell Avatar

If resurrect time window is related to the resurrect skill of the tamer and the level of the pet that makes the taming resurrect a valuable skill to level.

I am not a big tamed pet user yet, but early on I liked my bear for drawing mobs in and chasing down archers.

17. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I just tested it again and I was able to rez my wyvern when it died with no problem.

18. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

They are massively out performed by normal Obisidean bears. Fewer hit points and pretty useless as a combat pet. In a 3 skull zone, 3 230 point wolves were able to take it down without healing. Given how much damage they do pre-tame and the summoning requirements, it's ridiculous.

Net and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  19. Floors

Floors Avatar

Every time they introduce something cool, I feel like they ruin it by "balancing" it so it's not worthwhile. Just let us have cool things already.

Net and Pawz like this.
  20. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Wyverns were the biggest letdown for high level tamers. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.