Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Stacked Buffs weaker than single stack

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by mugmas, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

5 Stack Strength of Earth @ lvl 120 with 113.2 earth attunement, gives +26.6 Strength, single stack gives +33.3 strength. Should be +40, when stacking the tool tips are showing the correct values.

5 Stack Purify Burst @ lvl 100 gives + 16 Death Resist, single stack gives +20. Should be +24 and tool tips are showing the correct values when stacking.

Seems that stacking is working in reverse subtracting the value vs adding, and appears to be effecting all stack-able abilities.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    K1000 and Seppekarri like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This seems to be happening for non-magic buffs too. a 6-stack of dodge is weaker than a once off

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Double check using /stats or if int/str/dex buff the character panel. I thought the same, but it was only the display. Mind you I just looked at the str and health buffs I use.

I have a locked glyph for strength of earth, inner strength, and shild of crystal. I charge up those buffs and see the tooltip description changing for each charge. I chek the stat before I use the buff. I then cast the 5 charged stack and check the post-cast values using the character doll. In each of these cases the stat rises the correct amount. However, if I mouse over the buff icon under the nameplate, that value is wrong.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Same here. For example stacking Strength of earth gives me +23str. When I dont stack it, it gives me 29 Str (which is the base str buff for my attunement)

5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Submitted 62184

Paladin Michael, Rentier and Barugon like this.
  6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

It is a visual bug, checking the character sheet stats and charging 5x strength of earth gives more str than casting it 1x.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.