[Resolved] R58 - low encounter resources?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pleione, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Yes, Id say as much as 50% 75% 50% or lower ore in Elysium than before this issue. A combination, it would seem, of fewer nodes - I'm not seeing ores at all at some spots I saw previously - and a much slower re-spawn rate.

It seems clear the first tweak was an error or over adjustment. I wonder if this one is actually to a level they initially intended? Maybe to reduce the amount of Silver in the world? It is (was!) just as easy, or easier, to get silver as copper and iron. If that is the case, higher level weapons will get more expensive. But I speculate, let's wait and see what happens when they get out of bed, grab a coffee after the weekend and take a look:)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  2. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Very disappointed if they really felt the need to nerf ore spawn rates. Especially without telling us anything about it.

Scanphor likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm more concerned that the other bug about this says "resolved" when it clearly isn't....unless by resolved they mean "significantly reduced" =/

Scanphor and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  4. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

Seems to me the way most major things have been nerfed - they make it look like an accident by making it so extreme and then the "fix" is never back to what it was and we eventually ignore/get used to the fact that it is never gonna be like it was....

Scanphor and kaeshiva like this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Oooh you cynic! ;)

kaeshiva likes this.
  6. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

easier to ask for forgiveness than permission....

kaeshiva and Steevodeevo like this.
  7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Actually, either I'm going slowly nuts or its looking ok now. I'm wonder whether the new harvest rates needed to feed through? like I sorta needed to clear the legacy nodes for the new spawn rates and ore nodes to kick back in? Anyway, that's probably total tosh.

I can't be sure re-spawns aren't a tad slower, as I'm not doing an uber-mining thing, I'm chatting, watching tv, talking to partner etc, but it feels much better than it looked yesterday or even a few hours ago.

Brewton likes this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm going to go do an hour's test now. I did an hour's test near the end of R57 with the same conditions (mining lvl, tool, potion, etc). Will report findings.

Jaesun, moko, Steevodeevo and 2 others like this.
  9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

If you are in Ely, and have a chance, can you have a look at the rocky nook at the head of the falls of Lamentation. There used to be 2 or 3 silver nodes in there and whilst other nodes seem to be active, that's one spot where I haven't seen ore for 2 days...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Alexandros Joriin

Alexandros Joriin Avatar

I believe, however, that this strategy will not bring anything good if not the loss of additional players and the increase, dizzying, of the resources affected by at least a 50%

11. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Definitely still broken. It seems the initial spawn is good when you zone in, but after gathering the first set it barely respawns after that. That was my experience in Spectral Mines just now.

12. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

@kaeshiva 's discovery/suggestion not mine.. I'm just taking the liberty of re-posting it here (hope you don't mind, as I agree) as it got sidetracked on another thread, this thread is more appropriate.....

We seem to be seeing an 'all or nothing' re-spawn for ores. In other words all ore nodes are on the same single timer in a zone. So once harvested, irrespective of the time of harvest of the specific node, all nodes in the zone (if harvested) re-spawn on the same same tick.

I 'think' ore nodes used to be on their own timers, so they would trickle back based on when they were harvested. Now it looks maybe like they are all on one timer, so an area goes from nothing, to 'boom' full.

Not as natural feeling and you can't wander around 'grazing', but I'm guessing, if this is right, that it is hugely more code and memory efficient.

13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, I'm completely okay with them optimising/making it more efficient from a code perspective by just refilling the mine in 1 go instead of node by node.
    They just need to refill it more frequently, else we end up standing around doing nothing half the time as evidenced in my test (in the other thread)
    I'm at lvl 100 mining and lvl 100 swift mining using exped pot and TB pick. By no means the fastest miner, nothing pushed to 120, etc.
    I'm intimately familiar with all the spawn points and the mobs to fight are trivial. .

[​IMG]

I've put totals here as its the more relevant thread than the other one.
    I did spectral as a test because its a smaller, more compact area and because I have recent R57 comparison metrics.

From the get-go I'm seeing that people are going to do the "park an alt outside to force reset the instance" crap which is going to be the 'norm' to be competitive, a practice I reject and think should absolutely not be necessary.

Jaesun, moko, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Yes, 100% agree about the re-spawn rate, this needs looking at. I'm doing a little test of my own as well, not as detailed as your work on the other thread, but I strip harvested an area in Elysium, and and I'm now standing around waiting for the new 'mass re-spawn' to occur. Currently I have been standing around for 16 minutes and still counting. Not one node is back, as we guessed would be the case. If I had wandered off and strip mined everywhere else, I would still have been back here well before the re-pop and would be twiddling mu thumbs... or in fact doing this, as I am now. :)

Now 23 minutes, I was wondering if the game had crashed again :)

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

It may be that a certain number of nodes have to be 'gotten' to trigger the respawn behavior, such as a floor threshold before it will refill. We've long suspected that to be the case in that if you chop a particular tree, you can stand next to it for hours and it wont come back. I'm sure there are more complicated things at work here than 'got ore, ore respawned after x time'. Its never been that simple.

I suspect that the reason why my time increments weren't exact in my spectral test was that the timer didn't kick in until I'd mined below a certain threshold.

16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

right again I think. I've been here 33 mins, and was about to go away and gather in another area of the mine and see what happens. I'd come to the view that nothing was ever going to happen where I was standing in this instance unless I did something to make it happen.

It reminds me of the Doctor Who statue episode ... nothing happens if you're looking straight at them, but if you look away.....

Edit: I dropped around the corer and harvested x 3 silver nodes then popped back. It was empty, still, but then I had a 'single' silver node re-spawned. :/ Go figure.

If it works like supply bundles (so many in the world [mine] at once) you would expect 3 to re-spawn in the old location, or maybe 3 did re-spawn but scattered around?. Maybe its just broken and random right now. I'm giving up finding a pattern.

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

18. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think it might be fixed now. I suspect they didn't bother with the strange intermediate conditions of the spawns you discovered during the last day or so and went right back and fixed it fundamentally largely to how it was before. You will have to judge that, but like you, I mine an awful lot, and it feels ok now to me.

19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't have the motivation to do another extended test right now. This whole situation has put me off logging in entirely. If it was a server-side adjustment that's been made that did indeed fix it, it would be nice to see some acknowledgement of that.

Alexandros Joriin likes this.
  20. Alexandros Joriin

Alexandros Joriin Avatar

For me, it is not at all affixed. To make the same amount of minerals that i did before the R58, i had to do in the Elysium mines, six more laps. Something that does not exist and i will not do it again. 20-30 minutes for lap are about 3 hours longer.

Brewton and kaeshiva like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.