My Miner Outfit - some advice please?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Steevodeevo, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi folks. These are my mining togs. The gauntlets and helmet offer some boosts to visibility, capacity and mining rate as do my free monthly expedience potions.

I use a pick axe with true bronze engravings, so I get boosts there as well and use strength armour food and buffs for capacity. When we get stats on cloaks I will see what I can do there as well.

Are there any other artefacts; belts, hats, boots.. etc or other suggestions to max my mining rate and yield?

Thanks for taking the time.
    [​IMG]

2. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Ok if your not fighting perhaps you could try the Deceitful Vile Wand: +5 Magic Resist, +20 Strength, -10 Intelligence or something I know you have the scepter from the shroud quests

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Awesome - thanks Lady Kathleen - is that an artefact or a quest reward?

A Cabalist boss drop - was being lazy, thanks I'll take a look around.

4. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Yes a cabalist drop and I have yet to get one in my offline game yet... But I keep trying ..Giggles

Steevodeevo likes this.
  5. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

You might also find this page I made up helpful for what artifacts and their stats are that I made recently
    https://ladykathleenrealm.com/artifacts/

This is my personal website I use to help me with all the game stuff but if might help you....

Jaesun and Steevodeevo like this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Thanks, I have that one stored away in my 'very useful links' in my SOTA folder already :) I most get into the habit of using these resources more however..

Lady Kathleen likes this.
  7. golruul

golruul Avatar

I wear a jump ring in Elysium mines to somewhat counter the gauntlets of lead. It gives just enough jump to get those nodes that require jumping on rock piles.

8. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

I use a ring of the gambler that gives extra dexterity.

9. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

How does more dex help mining?

10. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

I do speed mining in light armor and kill the mobs a lot faster because of a crit chance the dex gives.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  11. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

OK I see what your meaning..

12. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Although now dex might be a moot point due to the fix to mining...

13. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Nice! Thanks.

14. golruul

golruul Avatar

I forgot to add: I usually use a combo of fleet flute + berserk to get around when I'm mining.

I'm not sure how movement speed things stack, but Lavalliere of the Lagomorph could increase movement speed more. Anyone know if this stacks with fleet flute and berserk?

My mining stints are usually 30-45m so I don't really notice the strength reduction of that necklace in terms of carrying capacity.

Carnal Vile shield could increase it more, but I use a two-handed sword to beat things down faster.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  15. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yes, Fleet Flute will stack with the Lavalliere and Berserker Stance. In fact, all speed increases will stack. The only limits are that you can only have two speed "buffs" (ie. those shown under your name in top-left) active at the same time. Sprint, Dash, Potion of Wolf Speed, Fleet Flute, and I believe Berserker's Stance all qualify as "buffs" that are limited to two.

Any gear that you use with speed increases (Move Rate or Move Speed... they both seem to be different stats that affect how fast you move) will stack and get added to the two "buffs" you have active.

That said, here are my suggestions for mining gear choices:

Head - Cabalist Avara or Nefario hood. Avara has +10 Str and +10 Dex, Nefario has +20 Str. If you can't get either of those, a good alternative is either the Plate Helm of Courage (+Str based on your virtues) or Leather Helm of Love (+Dex based on your virtues).

Chest - Any crafted Light Armor chest piece (Along with training up the Swiftness passive in the Light Armor Tree)... This alone will make you run around pretty fast.

Legs - Best you have, preferably light armor to aid in the speed passive and preferably something with Str and/or Dex to help you kill quicker.

Feet - Pretty much same as Legs, but there is also a Masterwork option on boots to give a speed bonus (2.2% Move Rate) so try to get that on your boots.

Hands - Again, same as Legs. I don't like using Gauntlets of Lead because a) they severely damper my jumping... and in most mines, I jump up rocks to get around things (especially in Elysium), and b) the +35% fizzle chance which makes casting spells harder to kill things but more importantly causes my blink to fizzle a LOT and Blink is what gets me to far away nodes faster and even helps me avoid some mobs in between. So, the jumping issues it causes me and the inability to blink when needed offsets the faster mining time they provide.

Cloak - Shroud is probably your best option... for now.

Necklace - A few options here. My personal favorite is currently a Taming Whistle with an Obsidian Destroyer. Having a beefy pet to send and take aggro (and kill) mobs while I continue to mine away is always good. If you don't have one or can't use a pet though, I'd suggest either Heart of Sorrows (+10 Dex) or Lavalliere of the Lagomorph (+2.5 Atk Speed, +5% Move Rate, -25 Str). That -25 Str with the Lavalliere can be a detriment once you start getting a full load though.

Belt - Not many options, but Bacchanal Belt can be helpful if you are stacking Strength buffs for your gear. Belt of the Ox is also good to carry around so you can equip when very encumbered and TP home. :D

Ring - Frogkin or Cuttlekin are ideal for the +jump (especially if you are using Guantlets of Lead). If you don't have one, just try to add on more Str or Dex and make sure you put a gem in it that benefits your attack spells.

Instrument - Fleet Flute is the best option IMO.

Weapon - Up to you. I just use 2H sword that lets me slice and dice mobs in a few swings and a nice Coup de Grace. But you could also go with a 1H and a Carnal Vile Shield for the speed boost or other options like Deceitful Vile Wand (+5 Magic Res, +20 Str, -10 Int) or Gaia's Heart (+10 Str, +25 Earth Attunement, -15% magic fizzle chance, -100 Air Attunement).

golruul and Steevodeevo like this.
  16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Nice! may I are the Dex buffs just for fast kill combat to get back to mining ASAP? I'm unaware of a mining bonus for dex.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No more using the Fleet Flute in the overworld though.

18. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Thankfully this is a bug - confirmed today by Serafina in R58 bug forum.

Daxxe Diggler and Barugon like this.
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yes, the Dex is for killing faster (more/bigger crits) so there is less interruption time in between your mining.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  20. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I usually have a deck for fighting, and a deck for mining, with things like extra str, and health for fighting, extra str and lead gloves for mining.
    That way i can quick-switch between them. I also like some sort of quick engage, or shield charge to start the fight / end it faster.

Make sure you have a belt of the ox, so you can recall / teleport out with massive amounts of ore / granite.
    Strength of Earth, Inner Strength, skills on your mining deck. Stack them for extra str.

If you're mining in an area with ghosts, lay down from Celestial Blessing.

Potions of might. Don't forget obsidian potions of precision, expedience and capacity :)

Steevodeevo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.