Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Combat as an archer

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Abercrombie_McCloud, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abercrombie_McCloud

Abercrombie_McCloud Avatar

I have commented about this before - either I can hit an enemy when they are able to hit me or not.

In Grannus Colossus climbed higher to get healed but archers able to hit me - when I try to attack back "Out of Reach"

Cant have it both ways. Makes an archer unrealistic, and unplayable unless in a group.

Chatele likes this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

This is correct behavior - not a bug. Sounds like you were hoping this would work differently. Please do post a follow-up message in the Feedback portion of the forum with suggestions on how to improve the player experience.

EDIT: This is issue #62107. The intention was to make it so player's can't engage in combat outside of the navigable spaces. We will be making an improvement here. Won't in be build #838, but hopefully the one after that. See related: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...e-from-the-bottom-but-im-out-of-reach.142957/

(Still open for suggestions in the Feedback section.)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Rentier, Mishikal and Echondas like this.
  3. WyldeChild404

WyldeChild404 Avatar

Lord Subtleson said...
    So, you have made it so mobs can intentionally hit you (they obviously have LOS), such as archers, mages, fire elementals and so on, but took away the characters ability to hit them back? That's not fixing anything, that's breaking things.

Chatele likes this.
  4. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

My experience has been that coming out of water (Upper Tears Flood area) the first 4 - 6 arrows do zero dmg. All while mobs are closing distance. It appears the game is not registering the character's exit from the water quickly enough. Also had several times where mob was standing next to me constantly leashing. Would hit me then leash half a step yet my arrows were doing zero dmg. Finally had to just run away from those encounters. If the mobs themselves walk near the water's edge they will start taking zero dmg until you can drag them back inland. This is not only causing less hunting time (wasted arrows) but also taking away the archer's strong point (fighting from distance).
    After asking in guild chat I was informed magic users are having similar issues.

Chatele likes this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I still find mages cast through solid rock..

Mishikal and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I am having a very hard time in Ulfheim, the dang Ferocious bears and others there seem to run away from me when in combat after awhile, then come back in full health... When fighting them, my arrows at times does zero dmg to the point the bears stop attacking me and attacks my water pet... this is getting old already …. At adv lvl 100, my archer now sux and most of the time have to run out of the zone because my arrows aren't doing any dmg, yet the bear does massive dmg to me....

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Odd. You are a lvl above me. But ulfheim is ok with bears for me. But then I don’t kite. Cos it drives me nuts.

8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Seriously, I logged out do to frustration.... I am not doing much damage with my archer on the bears, to the point they attack my water pet and ignore me … it is like my arrows just bounce off the bears, this has been happening since this release... hard to kill them also when they go back to where they spawned and gain back their health, a total waste of my arrows and time.

Is there a list somewhere of Tier5+ zones so I can give them a try, and the zones have to give excellent experience ….

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

try twin foothills or crag foothills warning though the elves in crag are mean...

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I have hunted in crag, and I have no problem steam rolling them.... I find that place way easier then Ulfheim …. :) TY though …

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well it is teir 5 not 8.. (or is ulfheim 8+ from memory cant remember) but I have a lvl 69 who solos the bears in there..

If you want some tips, friend Lana and next time Im around I can show you how I do it.. maybe it will help.

12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

and they don't act differently? Like when you are fighting the ones near where there is a cave like in the rocks and boulders around that area. Those are the ones I have an issue with.... There are other bears in that scene further down, so maybe I will have a look at them... Maybe they are not all bugged.... But I have heard others complain about the same thing....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.