Information on Player Dungeons.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What is the difference between T8 loot and T10 loot? Three gold, a focus potion, and a rusty spoon?

2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

All dungeon entrances are craftable - the store bought are simply patterns to put over it - along with an increase in dungeon points to use. Once the entrance is down - pieces are craftable, but will require blueprints (loot drop, npc coto sale, or store-sale) to build that section.

Elrond, Witcheypoo and Jaesun like this.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I don't think so - it was said that you would be able to store a dungeon in the property manager similar to a house or basement (so one placed on the lot at a time - with more in storage so you can swap them out as needed?).

Elrond likes this.
  4. mass

mass Avatar

Yeah, I finally read Chris' blog entries, which seem to be the real goto source for dungeon information. Sounds like a really neat system I could see myself spending lots of time on.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

when will they release the sota dungeon stuff for unity be out? i wanted to play around with it a bit and learn how to set up. also wanted a chance to set up and plan out a good one!

6. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

There are 4 steps involved. The first is expected to be with the next release at the end of this month (which will be the entrance and a sample dungeon). Step 2 will allow us to begin full customization and will come sometime in the 4th quarter (October to December). Other steps involve special rooms, loot and mobs.

Elrond and Jaesun like this.
  7. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

The question was not about how player dungeons will be released ingame. Witcheypoo and me asking about the "UNITY" asset, that comes with the bought dungeon entrances. During the live stream we were told, that we get all possible romms as unity asset so we can build and test dungeons before they are released ingame. @Serafina @Chris

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  8. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I like your sarcasm! :) Haha!

9. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

On your account page, on the "Special Rewards" tab, at the bottom under "Your Digital Items for Download"

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I've not been able to get a Ring of Stones to work in a Keep arena, though it seems like it ought to fit well enough.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's because you can't place a dungeon entrance in your basement.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

From Laz's post above:
    Which is it, yeah or nay?

13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Alley Oop and Jaesun like this.
  14. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Well I finally made my way to "The Rise" and it's a level 10+ The first mage I encountered kicked my ass in about 10 seconds. So it looks like this is NOT the area I will be soloing for Blueprints....

Brewton and Lesni like this.
  15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks! Here's hoping the design changes to allow dungeons to be placed in basements. That's why I got the one I did.

Echondas likes this.
  16. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Ditto.

17. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

LOL
    The one on the left is me in the Rise.
    The one of the right is @devilcult
    [​IMG]

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I believe that was the stated intention.

19. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

the dungeon points for the ones on the store are based on the sample sizes. the starting points when placed are based on your lot size. Sample sizes are based on all the parts (rooms, halls etc) that the sample comes with which is enough to make a dungeon of 50,75,100,125)

Can a property have both a Basement and a Dungeon?
    Yes

Can a Dungeon Entrance be placed in a basement?
    Yes (first floor only) there are issues in placing in things like mine basement as the entrance is a tunnel to the 2nd floor. I believe in time this will change I hope ;)

If so can you have one in the Basement and a second on the Property above? No

Dungeons can be expanded via points which start a 1 coto / 1000gold. They both increase in cost after X points. So after 20 points using gold it goes up another 1k for each 20 points. Cotos I believe is every 50 points.
    As far as max sizes I do not know currently I have only gotten up to just under 550 point which is pretty huge and very costly.

Dungeon recipes drop in various dungeons for various rooms from that dungeon. Each recipe requires a blueprint which is also a drop. recipe is saved on use into your book like normal crafting recipes. the Blueprint is the consumable part along with Granite and other parts needed to make the rooms.

If you want more information hit me up as I have played 3 days+ in dungeon building.

Currently deco is not placeable and rooms do not have spawns as of yet which @Atos hope we get them sooner then later so we can keep moving forward hehe.

No as they can only be placed on upper floor of the basements currently which it too small from the tests I did.

The diff between points is around 1 more room (depending on room size eg. dropped dungeon)
    As to the blueprints and recipes that comes with the store sample dungeons only the foyer (first room) is given at this time. I suspect they will give us the rest in the next patch.

From my testing if basement if flagged PVP then dungeon is as well. If PVP town makes all lots PVP including basement this would mean its PVP.

From what I gathered currently encounter rooms (dropped rooms) have spawns and do not allow deco in them short of a very small area. This is to prevent exploits with blocking mobs in etc.

not 100% confirmed but based on some information from telethons etc it was mentioned that we may get spawners which would be things like spiders ect that you have to harvest which could be your general trash mobs. This would suggest that the dropped boss rooms etc which have the good loot most likely will always be in a controlled environment.

As to loot. Mobs will drop loot at a lower tier then their level. Encounter rooms will be upgradeable through some sort of Totem system so the you can make elite rooms.

Chests and the likes will be player stocked and have options to support quests and other factors based on telethon information such as keys, or loot only once every etc. Sounds like there will be many mechanics to the quest system and player loot including doors that open on room clearing.

there was also mention of npc quest scripting and triggers.

Traps are not in as of yet but will be soon including the fake traps.

there will be hidden walls, bookshelves etc based on information from the telethons.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  20. mass

mass Avatar

Is this available live or on QA? I didn't see any point upgrades on the book vendors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.