Where to farm Black Pearl?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeadmanWalkin71, Oct 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadmanWalkin71

DeadmanWalkin71 Avatar

I used to pull tons of Black Pearl out of Tenebris Harbor. The updated map there is great but it is no longer a great source for pearls.

Any suggestions for the best place to farm Black Pearls would be greatly appreciated.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

West Ravenswood

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Penmawr Island

Anvar and Barugon like this.
  4. DeadmanWalkin71

DeadmanWalkin71 Avatar

Thank you.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If you do the math for comparison of time of gathering them vs time to get coin to buy them, you will find its better to kill stuff and sell loots then it is to gather them.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sad, but true.

7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Solace Bridge and Blood River

Of course the time is important too, it's from about :52 to :08 every Earth hour. Same applies to nightshade, but there aren't any good places to find that outside of skeleton encounters, and now you generally have to fight three liches to clear the area. (I think if I'm careful, I might get the last two cultists to aggro my pet while I rush in to harvest the nightshade.)

Lots of pearls there, but watch out for other players! The day it opened, I got my entire 200+ pearls pick pocketed all at once. The Oracle wanted a ransom that was twice what I would have to pay an NPC for fresh pearls.

Jaesun and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Yes, it makes little sense to go hunting for reagents when it is more efficient to purchase them! But it is very satisfying to Kara to scrounge for reagents. That girl has no sense! She does like to purchase agricultural reagents from players who grow them in order to give the economy a boost, however.

Cordelayne, Chatele and Rhiannon like this.
  10. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Is the same true for farming? and thats totally not meant as a smart ass question....I know lots of people that farm so I HOPE the answer is no.

Mac2 and that_shawn_guy like this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

By farming, do you mean agriculture ?

12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

To gather the water is totally not worth it, but if you buy the water, and dont miss any waterings, farming is good. Personally, I think anyone who gathers and sells water is probably using a macro. Why would anyone sit there and click a well over and over to save themselves 2 coin, when it is BY FAR more lucrative to just kill stuff and buy the water.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  13. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

I buy the water and farm. Finally getting my garlic and mandrake stock to decent levels, but not enough to start selling. Farming isnt too bad, batch is nice, would like to get the "batch circle" larger, but that will be a while away.

14. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Oh pooh. Don't listen to @Elwyn. You'll be fiiiiiine. /giggles

Kara Brae likes this.
  15. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

farl chest in chilbain compendium of pain dungeon. sadly realy not worth it farming them in open aera.

16. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I agree with you about the gathering water thing, except for one situation...

I have 4 game accounts. There are times when I take one of them mining. When I do that, I open up 2 or 3 of the other accounts (all in solo player mode) and have them running on a 2nd monitor in reduced sized screens so that all I can see on them is the well. I place them side by side so I can see both or all 3 at the same time on my 2nd monitor.

Then I start my mining and while the mining animation is playing, I quickly mouse click on each window and hit "E" to start gathering water. I go from account to account to account and by the time I'm done with the last one, I go back to the 1st water gatherer and wait for it to complete. I then start another well animation on each one and by the time I get the 2nd/3rd one done, the mining character is done it's animation.

I do pay more attention to the mining character because that's my main goal. But since there is that downtime at each ore node, I utilize that free time to gather some free water with the others.

If I do this while mining for an hour, I can usually get around 1000 free buckets of water. A 2-hour mining session will get me around 2k buckets.

So yea, it is cheaper to just kill stuff and then just buy water if that is your only option, it doesn't hurt to gather water on alt(s) in another window while you are doing something else too.

Oh, and as for black pearls, I usually just buy them but if I'm passing by West Ravenswood and it's almost "night time" I will pop in, summon my bear and put him on aggressive, then spend the next 15-20 minutes gathering up all the black pearls. I can usually get 100-120 or so in that 15 minutes without too much trouble.

Black Pearls cost 6g each, so 120 would cost about 720 gold. So that 15 minutes spent gathering them isn't so bad an option either if you catch it at the right time of day (in-game).

Thwip and Mac2 like this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Good point sir, I have 2 computers and have an alt on the side making pots, and have done on a character on each computer mining, I could very well see just hitting interact key one the side while mining.

1000 coin per 15 minutes with low exp income is not really that good though. Even with low level toons can make better then that killing stuff with better exp gains. Something you did make me think of though is, while your attenuated it could be a good thing. Get attenuated during the day, then go harvest at night.

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

They should really increase the yield on all the weird rare stuff that can't be easily farmed.

Chatele, FrostII and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  19. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Also consider the time of day. Night is better yield.

20. Inteya

Inteya Avatar

Solace Bridge Outskirts is a good place to farm black pearls during ig night.
    There are no enemies to fight besides occasionally a low level thug.
    Doing the run along the coast back and fort gives me 100 to 120 bp.
    My best friend there is dash :) (or potion of Wolf Speed)
    Over 30 nodes of iron and granite, lots of maple trees, cotton, hides...to farm while waiting for evening to come.
    Sometimes you find a loot there worth 10k :)
    It is not as exciting as fighting some higher level monsters to get what you want. Probably even boring if you do that for a long time. You will not get beetle carapace there hehe
    So harvest black pearl there from Evening to Late Night for good yield.
    That is the only place I go when in need of black pearl.
    Hope this helps.
    bye!
    PS: there are 10 oyster nodes...

Chatele, Gaelis and Arya Stoneheart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.