Hi all and everyone!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ebbis, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebbis

Ebbis Avatar

Hi!

Me and a friend have recently started playing (about two weeks in) and just want to say hello to everyone on the forum! My char is Dirk Bluenose and my friend is Olof Delwig, please say hi if you run into us in game.
    I was an avid player of Ultima IV and V back in the days and it's sure great fun to enjoy the world of Brittnia once more.
    Many towns seem to be a bit void of players, I don't know if everyone is spread out across different servers and that's the reason? Even some places where there should be NPCs, there are none to be found. Sure hope the NPCs didn't get bored and left :)

Also, can anyone explain the deal with housing? I am very well aware of deeds, etc, but I can't seem to understand why the prices for house deeds are so expensive (IMHO). Since many towns have quite a few empty lots, it should drive the deed prices down (basic market economy, demand and supply), or? What am I missing? Or does everyone only want to get a deed in a few selected towns, thus jacking up the demand in those towns?
    Anyways, I bought a raffle ticket and am crossing my fingers :)

Finally, we are looking for some place to call home and for a guild open to new players who just wants to play and have fun with others, without feeling constricted and having to adapt into playing the character a certain way (crafter, gatherer, etc). We just want to have good time and enjoy the game, solving quests, going on gathering runs, crafting and being social .

Yours Sincerely,
    Dirk Bluenose

Jason_M, Luca Xante, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there and welcome. actually I don't think it was planned that housing was going to be the thing that funded this game but it ended up being the reason this game exist that along with player owned towns.

So lately changes have been made to make it easier for players to get access to housing in other ways With in-game gold and contests if you watch the live stream sometimes you can win things. We have raffles and if you can play all three questlines you get a taxed row deed. So as a crowdfunded game it just turned out that way.

Things are getting better and you can find more property on player vendors if you do the work to earn the gold you can buy property in game which is not so different than many games you aren't always just given a home right away. You have to earn It. I can ever help my name is majoria in the game.

Edited

FrostII likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And also in the meantime if you would like a place to stay I do offer free rooms since we have a tenant system as well while you find your way as do many other players. That gives you a chance to experience having a room and decorating and placing your own chests and items instead of living out of the bank.

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Welcome, @Ebbis
    You'll find many friends and guilds here. ;)

5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi and welcome!

Actually, lot deed prices have gone down significantly. :) If you are fine with a Row size home in a player owned town, you can just complete the main quests and get your Tax POT row deed at no cost.

Have fun!
    Nick

6. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Game on! Add me to your friends and come join Meridian Prime!

7. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nice to eat you!

8. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Don't mind Dinsoo. He is a cannibal but isn't allowed to eat guild members or friends of guild members. So I highly suggest you make friends with any of our guild members. Quickly!

I see that you might be located in Norway? Not sure what time of day/night you are generally visiting New Britannia but we do have Avatars from all over the world visiting all hours of the day/night. A lot of them often play in single-player online mode so you wouldn't see them. You can see who is nearby by hitting the zero on your number key pad.

You can also seek out events that should have a number of Avatars attending here. There is also a grouping feature if you want to adventure. That will help you make friends as well. Some groups are happy to take newer Avatars to help them gain experience.

Welcome to New Britannia!

9. Ebbis

Ebbis Avatar

Thank you all for the replies! Very much appreciated!
    I'm actually from Sweden (though it borders Norway), am usually online during 8pm CET, but I try to be a bit active during the weekends :)

10. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Enjoy your stay =)

11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Welcome! I'm on Eastern European time and see quite a few people on the world map. Finding people in cities can be a bit problematic as the large-scale chat features removes the social incentive for hanging out, and there aren't many other reasons to go there.

The world map and popular adventure scenes are bustling in my time zone :D

Joining a guild with a lot of other newer players is quite beneficial, too, so that you can play together.

12. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

13. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Welcome to SOTA, hope you find a nice place to setup shop and launch adventures from.

Definitely join a guild of some sort, it will make the game much more fulfilling.

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome Ebbis!

15. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Welcome, great to have you here! There are both NPC towns and player owned towns.
    Player owned towns are run by an owner/governor who is a player. They often have more real people living in them, but they don't have a lot of NPC:S (only utility/vendor types).
    NPC towns come both small and large, they are designed as part of the world and usually have really nice layout. They have more NPC:s, but often less actual players living there.

16. Azareilia

Azareilia Avatar

Welcome! :)

Hope you enjoy SOTA. Add me in-game Azareilia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.