1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 1: Nightmares of Novia

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    Chapter I - Nightmares of Novia

Even before the sun could appear on the horizon to announce the new dawn, the clouds have covered every corner of the firmament. It was one of the darkest and grayest mornings in Novia. And by midday, this depressing grayness seemed to penetrate the minds of all creatures. Well, perhaps not all creatures... The Satyrs seemed to care little. The Kobolds... well, why would creatures who live in warrens care about the sunlight anyway, right? But the humans. They certainly felt that something was changing. And even though nobody knew what it was, every man, woman and child was haunted by this uncomfortable feeling crawling under their skin.

Some virtuous Avatars decided to consult a wise elven mage for him to solve this sinister mystery. The old mage listened to the urgent request silently and, without comment, pulled out his crystal orb.

"I will help you, Avatars, for this threat may also affect the fate of the Elves.
    I shall try to catch a glimpse of the future, but beware, my powers are limited, and I can only see fragments and possible futures. Because like clay, time is melleable."

He closed his eyes holding his wrinkled old hands above the crystal orb and spoke...

[​IMG]

"An unknown power is unfolding somewhere in Novia. When the time is upon us, it will open an invisible portal and vile creatures will trespass the world of the living to disturb our peace. I cannot see who or what is causing theses anomalies but the creatures who will appear in our lands might hold the answer.
    You have to find these creatures, Avatars. You must find them all.
    Be ready for the creatures to appear on December 1st, 550PC.
    Be ready, at the place that the crystal orb discloses to you..."

[​IMG]
    EVENT DESCRIPTION:
    • This is a non-competitive event that will take place in the forum as well as ingame throughout the next weeks.
    • During this time, a story will be told in the forum and the Community will have the chance to participate in some key-events of this story ingame, and by doing so, influence the story as it's being told.
    • To find out where, when and how the story continues, the participants have to pay attention on the details of the story or riddles that may come up as the story progresses.
    • The event begins with chapter 1 (see above). Several posts will follow continuing the story, but it will not be disclosed when the next post will come.
      • Hint: The crystal orb of the elven mage may actually disclose more hints about the first event location in the following days.
    • This event includes RP-, PvE- as well as PvP.

PARTICIPATION RULES:
    • The event is open to everyone.
    • This thread is only for Avatars who want to participate. Comments/questions about the event and speculations and discussions about the unfolding story are welcome. Offtopic discussions and posts that do not contribute in any way will be removed.
    • The CMs might (or not) answer to some questions or give hints.

DISCLAIMER:
    • This event is the first of its kind and may be seen as an experiment.
    • The event is held for the sake of mutual entertainment and fun. There are no prizes to be won.
    • This event is supported by various Community members and is possible thanks to their contributions.
    • Characters, dates, occurrences and other details of this story are not related to the original lore of Shroud of the Avatar.

2. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

3. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

This sounds like a lot of fun and looking forward to seeing this develop!! <3

4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

longing to find some creatures, which then kill me if I am not a fast runner ;) :p

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Hmm, interesting.

This portal must be opening soon. At the time of this post, the NB Calendar for today is Augus 12, 550 PC... so Dec. 1st should be in 74 (game days which is 74 hours from now... or around noon (server time) of this coming Saturday if my calculations are correct.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  6. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

weekend time makes sense for most players

7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My heart will be skipping beats in anticipation! :)

8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

9. probablydeadv2

probablydeadv2 Avatar

I may be quite useless but I try to be there!

10. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Sounds like a lot of fun:)

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me excited for the game's future!

12. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Every kind of participation is useful :) I hope to receive a whisper from the first one who finds the first place, so all of us can meet there to be part of a special moment in time.
    A party without the only reason "let's make a party".
    A "to be there" when a friend calls for Adventure :) I really like the idea of non-competitive events

13. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    Some Avatars set out immediately to alarm their allies in search for aid. While others remained with the old man, trying to fathom where the intruders might appear.
    Unfortunately, the images that the crystal orb disclosed were clouded and cryptic.

"Look!", one of them shouted.

"I can see houses! This must be a village or a town!"

[​IMG]

"This is no help.", another Avatar answered discouraged.
    "There are hundreds of towns out there. And even if we find the right place and defeat the intruders, we will still not know, who or what opened this portal. It could appear again at any time or place!"

The old mage raised his voice while still holding his left hand over the glowing orb: "Have you not listened to my words, Avatar? The spirits have spoken to me. Finding all of the types of creatures that come through the portal could be the key to determining the source of this dire magic. It's unclear why, but there seems to be a mystical link between the location and the creatures that will appear."

"So be it!" the first Avatar spoke, "I will find them all, and I will slay them, even if it means I have to go alone!"

The elven face turned even more serious now. "This is no task one sole Avatar can complete... There may be terrifying beasts too dangerous for you to fight. And beware, there may also be those who will hide as they do not want to be found. Strength alone will not help you, Avatars. You must work together."

And while the old man was speaking, a third Avatar suddenly pointed her finger on the crystal orb, which now has changed again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

That image in the orb look like a pirate ship.
    Clearly its @Boris Mondragon who need to be killed. Grab your pitchforks people, I know where he lives.

15. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Yes! I'm sure you're right @Scoffer !! He must be the source of all of this!

16. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Nope.
    Look closely at the picture.
    His ship does not dock near a fish merchant tent.
    And absolutely not one with a red stripe canopy.
    Look for another target.

:D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  17. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I think we should kill Boris anyway, just to be sure right?

18. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Agents have been dispatched to the first location and will monitor the situation

[​IMG]

19. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Agents reporting the next location.
    [​IMG]

20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This looks to be the place, guys.
    Should we set up some sort of patrol?
    Scoffer....? ....he appears to be chopping down the local fauna and building some sort of fortification.....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.