1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 2: The First Assault

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    Chapter II - The first Assault

The layer of grey, sinister clouds covering the sky seemed to become thicker with every day that passed by. Many Avatars called their friends and prepared themselves for the arrival of the ominous visitors. However, lately some confusion unfolded as some Avatars were not quite sure if Ardoris was really the place of the assault. But judge for yourself...

The wise, elven mage has foretold that there is a mythical link between the creatures that will appear and the location from which those creatures have been summoned.

Will the Avatars be able to defend the humans? Will they be able to find all hidden creatures and determine the place of their source? We will find out soon.

[​IMG]
    EVENT DESCRIPTION:
    • On December 1st (ingame time), creatures will appear in a specific city.
    • The Avatars have to defend the city and protect its habitants.
    • The Avatars have to find all the different types of creatures that will lurk around in the town.
    • Every creature has a name. The first letter of each name represents a letter of the solution word.
    • If multiple creatures of the same type appear, it still counts as 1 letter (it's about the different creature types, not the individual creatures)
    • The solution word is the name of the place where the story continues. After determining all creatures' names, Avatars have to put the letters together in the correct order to find out the solution word.

THE AVATARS WIN THE BATTLE IF:
    • They protect the town successfully
    • They protect the town's leader
    • They determine the source of the evil vibes
    • They defeat the commander of the attack (last creature to appear during dawn of the next day)

THE AVATARS LOSE THE BATTLE IF:
    • All habitants in the city are dead (Excluded: NPCs inside houses).
    • The leader/head of the city dies before the dawn of the next day.
    • They fail to determine the solution word until the end of next week (real time).

Good luck, Avatars!

PS: Some good screenshots are always welcome ;)

Barugon, mhberglund, Jaesun and 16 others like this.
  2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Excellent... protect the mayor we (hopefully) shall!

CatherineRose and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

When is Dec 1 ingame? 3 pm cst today?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Gaelis and Synergy Blaize like this.
  5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

It has been a strange afternoon for after the information about who the beautiful woman really was had been given to Boris I was transported to Paxlair.

Upon arriving, I barely had the strength to stand for the world seemed to be rotating and I could not focus my eyes. Several familiar faces were there in Paxlair. Just as I arrived and about to speak to Boris Mondragon, who was also there, Boris suddenly left without speaking a word.

Scoffer, Shimizu and Griffler were polite when they saw me but seemed irritated at being interrupted. As I stood by their table the effect of some black magic seemed to be affecting my thoughts. It was as if I could hear a partial discussion about strange creatures and the need to protect someone or something. I had a strange feeling that something was not quite right.

At that moment a young girl addressed Shimizu but Shimizu suddenly brandished a weapon and killed the young woman. I did the only sensible thing which was to stop another murder from taking place. By the time the dual was begun the magic and chemicals that had been mixed with the rum had claimed my ability to do nothing more than draw my weapon. As I fell forward
    I was transported back onto the deck of my ship the Misti Sea with this ungodly throbbing in my head and dizziness which I can not seem to shake.

Jaesun, Rentier, Cerus and 2 others like this.
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Probably 5 pm.

Fixed: confirmed 3pm cst.

Synergy Blaize and Grimace2 like this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

*tries to rally his guild at the last minute*

8. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I can't stand so many virtue avatars at one place and had to leave Adoris before I get sick. The rumors going around were plenty, but the only reliadble information I could gather was the date. On december 1st will something happen. Now that I'm home in PaxLair I can calm down. Nothing helps me more than the good cooking of Gaelis at her beautiful treehouse.

" Smells great, what are you cooking? Whenever I come here you are cooking. Let me try your newest meal." Hmm no reaction. She is staring in the pot, both hands on the cooking spoon ready to stir up the soup boiling in front of her. But her eyes don't see the soup. I tap her on the shoulder. She turns around the spoon still in her hands.

"Careful my friend!" I take the spoon out of her hands and have taste of the soup that is running down from it. "Don't toss over this delicious soup."
    "Since when are you standing there Riya. Don't scare me like that. Why is your face full of soup?"
    "Don't mind me, but where have you been. You were so deep in thoughts."

Gaelis starts to tell me, what see witnessed this morning. She saw some friends, Scoffer and Shimizu, here in Pax secretly talking with some strangers. She met them later again on the main street. They were looking for a taverne for a drink. She decided to show them the tavern since PaxLair is full of twisty roads. But they acted a bit strange. Always looking over there shoulders and not as talkative as she knows them. So she left them alone in the taverne and went back to work. She had to redecorate her furniture shop and still had to move some new pieces from her treehouse to the shop. It was lunchtime when she was moving the last dresser and saw them again on the main street. This time with another stranger, small like a boy or girl. She didn't saw its face and she had not the time to take a closer look. The dresser was heavy. She just walked past. She ends her story with a troubled face.

"Don't give it to much thoughts Gaelis. In Adoris they also acted strange. Preparing for a fight without knowing whom they will face and where. They only know when it will happen."
    "Something will happen? When?"

I should have shut up. I tell her about the rumors I heard to calm her down. Without success. The furrow between her eyebrows becomes deeper and deeper. I excuse myself to change my clothes and leave her with her thoughts.

Chaos, so much sweet chaos in my home town and I was not at here. But I will not miss fun on december 1st. Only one more week. Chaos will show me the way and so long I will be waiting to turn this fight in pure chaos.

[​IMG]

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there aren't that many cities that actually have mayors, and i don't think this is one. who are you talking about here?

CatherineRose likes this.
  10. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

*looks at Riya, sulking* they looked at me kind of we never met somewhere before, and I had the feeling they felt like someone is spying on them...Spys in Pax*rolls eyes* not in our nice Town
    I hope they had a good time in our Tavern though.

Synergy Blaize and CatherineRose like this.
  11. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Spys in PaxLair? Sol Stormlin ponders what was said. If there are spys here, the PaxLair guard will weed them out!

12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Does anyone have a list of towns with mayors?

Lesni and craftymethod like this.
  13. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I have sought counsel with Both the Shogun and Priestess at Ardoris, and alas, nay either of them know about a "Mayor"... But visions were of this town... Perhaps those pirate's are involved...

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

When entertaining new Avatars in Ardoris I accidentally ran into the mysterious woman named Maeva. I mistook her for one as well, and offered her assistance. She was mysterious in her answers but I didn't press her for details.

In retrospect, it appears I should have.

15. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Disclaimer: I apologize for a slightly misleading detail in the rules. This has been corrected now.

"Mayor" was actually supposed to mean the head/leader of the city/town. Doesn't have to be an actual Mayor.

Jaesun, Applerust, Rentier and 6 others like this.
  16. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

The only town that I can recall that has a Mayor is
    Crooked Shank

17. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Thank You for this clarification :)

18. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I am standing guard with Khasi. She appears to be in deep thought on the news of recent developments.

19. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I hesitate to mention this but are the months in NBT only 28 days? If so, then 3 pm would be Dec 1?

Can anyone confirm the time?

CatherineRose likes this.
  20. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Britannia Time: 550-11-26 (Thursday) 19:54 (current)

unsure what that translates to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.