1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 2: The First Assault

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

My own people? I'm not from Ardoris, those are not my people!

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

((Yeah, that's kinda why the question. I can't see any scenario in which the players could actually not "win" this. The only possibility was the leader NPCs dying - which they did - in fact they died before the enemy leader even showed up - but it seems that is irrelevant. I'm not just trying to be pedantic, but it seems that this is more or less a scripted 'win" which I guess disappoints me a bit.))

Win Conditions 1 and 2 failed - townspeople were dead all over, and both leaders died at least once, before the "commander" even turned up. The only win condition that was achieved was figuring out the clue.

Loss condition 1 was an impossibility as the NPCs repawned
    Loss condition 2 was achieved (both leaders did die before dawn)

As I say, I'm just curious how exactly we could have "lost" this short of nobody turning up.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Boris Mondragon, Scoffer and Royou like this.
  3. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Ardoris is a town of HUMANS and we need to support each other. Together we stand or we will die alone.

4. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Princess wasn't dead, just unconcious from spider poison. We have hidden her then for her to be safe ;P

5. Royou

Royou Avatar

But are we not the Avatar of virtues, would it not be un-virtuous and against our duty to not help those in their time of need?

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I too believe we are headed to Dsyborg soon. I worry that the ground will be soaked with the blood of Avatar on Avatar.

I loved it, lots of potential for the future.

I would like to experience
    • Patrolling mobs
    • NPC's staying dead for the course of the event
    • More mobs in the far off locations, like the docks. It's full of NPC's, and keeping them alive is an objective, some waves would have been nice
    • Mobs trying to get through the gate instead of appearing in the castle.
    • Mobs having a serious chance to win by overpowering us and by appearing in more locations. Punish us by wiping out the NPC's in locations such as the docks when they are left abandoned.
    I know that's new tech, just some feedback for down the line. When the day comes, give yourselves (devs) the tools to spawn quickly, view from above, keep the heat on us, and direct enemies like an RTS. (Skeletal patrol spawned at a back corner, select, right click to tell it to move towards the docks, killing everything (player vendors included? Obviously not permenantly) they see on the way.

Mob wave spawners, placed the same way, directed the same way, but send wave after wave until deactivated.

Bring on the pain.

7. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Since some of the conditions were met, the battle was not entirely lost. Many NPCs actually survived, but the death of the Shogun and the Priestess will affect the story

8. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Yes, I have to agree.
    As much as I LOVE events, I will not be going to an event in PVP Territory.
    I have a good friend, who is a "recognised" PVP'er & he stated he would be going to the event to kill players. (From a PVP point of view, I get that)

But given this was a RP event with NO LOOT for REWARDS, I will not be putting myself in a situation, where PVP'ers will be REWARDED for killing, those of us who want to be part of an event.
    @Cerus
    I really feel, any event should either be PVP or a PVE oriented.
    It can't be both....

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

We are not all avatars of virtue...indeed, some of us walk another path. A path not clearly defined by terms like "good" and "evil".

Ardoris was a cesspool of corruption and indecency - the city of love warped and twisted by greed - its leaders too wrapped up in their own love squabble to protect its people or to notice that their government officials practically opened the gates to an army of undead to line their own pockets. This is a city with a strong anti-outlander movement, who spout propaganda against the very people who have saved them again and again. After all outlanders have done for this city, in rooting out criminals, stopping the invasion, not to mention the significant commerce we bring....

This is history repeating itself. We've already pulled them out of the fire once, and now again ...shall we stand back and say they've learned this time? I still say the city's days are numbered....I will not risk my self or my friends to help those who will not help themselves!

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd be okay with it IF decay/ransom are both disabled in the scene. Otherwise yeah I won't be attending, either - for the same reasons you mention. While many will come for the event, there are always trolls, or maybe call them..."opportunists"...that never goes well.

11. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

.....and a big,big thanks to Travian for putting this together, it was fun today :)

12. Net

Net Avatar

Well, you can always come without your gear but it is bit annoying, RPing in PvP scene is putting yourself at disadvantage that is almost guaranteed loss. I will be very cautious about entering that scene if it is required as part of the event.

13. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I maybe seen as the bad guy here but who are we to become the protectors of humanity?
    Ardoris did not ask for our help, they have paid guards and high walls to protect themselves but I saw plenty of Avatars assuming they know better and thrusting themselves into the breach.
    I think the atavists have it right. A load of Avatars appear in THEIR land, set up towns and cities, claim to follow these so called virtues which means we are better than them? Adopting these virtues because a mechanical head told us we should? We take their land, prance around like we own the place, we kill the local wildlife, throw ourselves into the political landscape of the lands without thought and just assume we are right.

This is not our home

We have no right to judge who is right in the Ardoris conflict. We assume that the city of Love should be defended by us and only us. Taking the jobs from guards who rely on a wage so that they can feed their families. We run around assuming that the cabalists are wrong and we break their sieges without fully understanding their motives. What if they are right and we keep denying the people a better way of living by standing against them?

When I was a newcomer in these lands I was dragged into a personal squabble between Khasi and Siranto. These people are weak and ask loads of people to help them in their lovers spat. They don't even have the decency to sort out their own problems never mind running a city. Ardoris should have burned, the weak should have been removed and let stronger more capable rulers take over.

14. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, I do enjoy RP and puzzles and this was bit of both, despite the low fps and not so good time, I had really good time:)

15. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

That statement may have been true before, but no longer. This land IS our home. I do agree those two have issues, and should seek counselors much wiser then us. There are two points in which I strongly differ.

First, we met as a guild and we discussed how we wanted to proceed. YOU may not be a part of Adoris, but you are a part of the guild. We should walk side by side. YOU decided not stand with your family. Second, we do need to defend our allies, we are a community that is strong do to our unity. We will talk @Scoffer face to face.

16. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

face to face indeed.
    Will you be bringing guards to this face to face meeting?

Boris Mondragon, Applerust and Cerus like this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

You see how she's leaving me out of it?

I'm innocent me.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Are you saying I would need them? That could be arranged but it should not be necessary

19. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

neither of these statements are correct. I prefer things in private, @Scoffer made it public. I attempted to leave this between us.

Gaelis likes this.
  20. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I was there today.
    I did not see any locked gates keeping you captive in the city.
    I suggest next time there is an event...

STAY HOME! ! !

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  21. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

You know where I live @Minerva
    Guards or not that is your choice.
    Yes, I did indeed make this public. For too long have the leadership of Order of Chivalry operate behind closed doors. Working in the shadows with their secret meetings and plans for what they believe is the "good of all".
    For too long has this been going on! I shall stand and say NO MORE.
    Who is with me Avatars? Down with the leadership!

Boris Mondragon and Applerust like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.