Do I move My POT to new lands of stay where I am?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. I have a question I would like some feed back on. I currently have a nested POT. With the addition of the new lands and EP2 I have the option to move my nested town to EP2s over-world. What are the pluses and minuses with moving it or keeping it where it is. Please make your comment short, long sentences may be paraphrase to fix. Since each comment can be seen as both a plus and a minus please tell me which section your comment goes in, Duplicate comments in each section will be listed once. I will do my best to keep this updated depending on the number of comments I get so bring them on. Also please keep in mind that until they tell us how this is going to work it is all just conjecture. Thank you for your ideas and help.

Move it to new lands
    Ask your residents?
    I will be on the world map in the new lands
    The main visitors to my town will probably be higher level players with more money to spend
    Cost of the Service Voucher
    If you move it to Ep2 lands, nobody will be able to go there unless they have bought into Ep2
    Far more traffic in the new areas by existing players
    If overland travel continues to be trivialized, it even further pushes the balance to move
    Long term thinking is to move it and see how it does to help decide if a move in EP3 is worthwhile
    Buy another nested POT in episode 2 new lands and have both (this works for both move it and leave it)

Leave it where it is

No cost involved
    Still not on main map
    Don't have to rebuild and redecorate town or evict residents
    Word from devs at SotaCon is that EP1 will be free to play (not just free trial) by the time EP2 launches - Assuming F2P does not include EP2 access will there will be more Avatars in the current lands?
    If I had a overland pot already id stay on the main map
    Buy another nested POT in episode 2 new lands and have both (this works for both move it and leave it)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Cianna likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't understand this, if you leave it where it is, won't it not be in the new lands?

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ask your residents?

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm staying put.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think I'm in a good spot, so I'm staying.

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If you move it to Ep2 lands, nobody will be able to go there unless they have bought into Ep2.

7. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Word from devs at SotaCon is that EP1 will be free to play (not just free trial) by the time EP2 launches.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Godra

Godra Avatar

I am moving, but that's because all I have now is a nested POT. So now I will have overland access.

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

If it were me and I had a nested pot, id transfer to get overland access. If I had a overland pot already id stay on the main map.

Really what we need is more people, they said land would be rare once that happens all pots will fill reguardless. Right now supply greatly exceeds demand.

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLair will remain where it is

Gaelis, K1000 and Sindariya like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Wizards Rest is staying where it is also. I too thought of what the reasons could be to move but then I remembered that we are getting a better travel system than our friends list, well hopefully. ;). So all of us in the old lands can still be considered a valid and useful resource. While the new lands will be something new I'm hoping they are an extension of the over-all world of this game and not a replacement. but who knows what will be going forward. I am excited to see it all.

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Vladamir Begemot

The new lands that may be discovered are supposed be to the north of New Britannia and west of Hidden Vale. They will only be accessible if you have EP2 access. So if I leave it where it is now in the Naryad Channel all Avatars will be able to visit it but if I move it to the newly discovered area only Avatars with EP2 access can visit it. My current understanding is that the current lands will still be starter areas like they are now with their 1 skull to 10+ skull areas and the new area will be for higher level Avatars. I still do not think this is the final decision but is the best idea I have at the moment.

Edit: Have edited the OP for clarity

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Paladin Michael and Birko like this.
  13. Aelender

Aelender Avatar

I'd imagine there will be far more traffic in the new areas by existing players then there will be in old areas by new players. If your primary concern is # of potential visitors, option 1 would be the way to go. When ep 2 drops, 90% ish people will have it active, and the 10% that won't have it couldn't find a nested pot anyways. (**all statistics quoted were pulled very scientifically out of my rear)

If overland travel continues to be trivialized, it even further pushes the balance to option 1.

14. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I don't have a town myself, but I would say towns with map access are worth it.

You could always buy the transfer token and then hold off moving until you see how things develop over time.

15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Kain Darkmoor
    My thoughts exactly. Already have the token and may use it but if there are limitations for the new lands I may not. I am ready either way, just working on the pluses and minuses and interested to hear what other people think.

16. Curt

Curt Avatar

You can't really make the decision until we at least have maps of the new. In order to have a chance to find a new favourite place to live.

17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Being that I have had nested and map, I can tell you that the map gets more sales if you are looking to sell more with vendors. If I had a nested still today I would be moving it overland.

18. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Thank you all for your comments. I think the one comment that everyone will agree on is get it on the map. That may be the deciding factor.

K1000 likes this.
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That happens next week when R59 is released, unless I greatly misunderstood something at SotaCon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.