Bundles expiring.... really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by malakhi, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

If you have a bundle and were thinking of upgrading, this sale might make sense. But as noted above, bundles right now are a pretty poor value even at the sale price (I say this having bought many bundles before they broke them apart) since everything but the tax free deed can now be purchased on the add on store for relatively little.

I would say if the bundles are all expired, either new ones will pop up or tax free POT deeds will become available on the add on store by themselves - there is no way they will just get rid of a way for people to purchase those given the dollars involved. My thought is lot deeds will become individual items, given that everything else has become available.

You can buy a viking town bundle now on sale for $1,200 that comes with a lot of stuff a player probably does not really want or need, or go buy a commission free vendor on the store for $39, a couple of crafting stations for $50, and lets say another $100 worth of the deco items in the bundle you may want. POT TF Town lot deeds are selling for $400 or less on the marketplace, so if you pick one of those up you are at about $600. Unless you really want to throw extra money to the devs, those bundles are not even close to the value they are selling them at even now on sale.

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. During a Livestream/Telethon they talked about removing all the current bundles from the add-on store except for 1 they would rotate. So Viking one month, Elven the next etc. The current bundles would rotate but still be upgrade able. They also talked about how the current bundles would not be on the COTO vendors but they were going to put non-upgradeable bundles on the COTO vendors instead. I am sure they have not decided what is going to be in the new non-upgradeable bundles. That would probably closer to E2 funding time. Anyway the new bundles might be a better deal.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I dont expect them to be soon just that they have said they will do more bundles and the pirate one is one they would like to do next.

Pirate bundle and navigable waters would be ideal timing.(before u go nuts I am not saying navigable waters are com8ng soon)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally I don't see the issue. I have bought a couple bundles myself. More and more I'm seeing the individual items in the add on store.

Unless they are also expiring the individual digital assets, I think we'll be fine.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I always wondered if the current bundles might sunset, in favor of new pledges for Episode 2 like we used to have for Episode 1. Imagine, a new series of pirate pledges: Freeloader, Marauder, Raider, Buccaneer, Swashbuckler, and Corsair all with pirate themed water-lot housing and ships aimed at promoting Episode 2 island life. And pledges based around a horse culture too. Sky could be the limit here. But the Episode 1 packages were somewhat in the way of promoting something new and exciting for episode 2 fundraising, IMHO.

Gaelis, Gorthyn and majoria70 like this.
  6. Druidtower

Druidtower Avatar

Still no comment as to rather or not those of us who purchased bundles will still be able to upgrade them to larger bundles after they are no longer sold on the store ?

7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm guessing after they expire, that will be the end. No further upgrades will be possible.

I base this upon past expirations with pledges. It's possible I'm way off. Perhaps @DarkStarr can help clear this up :)

Druidtower likes this.
  8. Druidtower

Druidtower Avatar

Would be nice to have some form of Official word on it. cause if i can, i might drop some $$$ on the other expiring bundles if i can upgrade em slowly. otherwise. not wasting the money.

9. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

You'll still be able to upgrade the bundles via your account page, but will not be able to buy them. They said this is one of the recent streams when they announced the bundles would be expiring.

10. Druidtower

Druidtower Avatar

Thank you very much for commenting, though its not an official statement knowing it was commented on during a recent livestream, i will go re-watch them. Really do want one of each of the bundles. Already have the Obsidian, Shogun, and Viking bundles.

11. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Chrystoph Reis and @Druidtower To clarify: This is a final expiration. Upgrades will not be allowed after these bundles expire.

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Will tax free deeds be available somewhere else?

Alleine Dragonfyre and Sentinel2 like this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

That's the main reason why I've bought bundles :)

14. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

is bundles access to episode 2 retroactiv ? it says " you got it" means i should have what is listed inside, no?

15. Druidtower

Druidtower Avatar

Though this is sad news, i am thankful that you informed me. certainly not what i wanted to hear.. But it is what it is.

16. malakhi

malakhi Avatar

It appears I will be expiring as well. After spending alot of money I now need to spend money on shipping to the same continent. Adjust your gold tie and clear your throat.

17. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

So what happened with this? Not that I spent more than 40$ on this game personally, not trying to get taxed on that tax free deed yafeel, just a curious bystander whos trying to figure out the trajectory of this game.

K1000 likes this.
  18. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Not sure... I will go back and watch that stream again.... just have to find which one.

19. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Our plan is to have bundles on the crown vendors in R59

20. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Even expired ones? Or just only offered on the crown vendors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.