SotAssist - Your Own Personal Shroud of the Avatar Assistant!

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Hemswal The Descended, Oct 18, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

2. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Upon download chrome blocked this saying "virus found" - which Im sure is not the case as I know you but just wanted to let you know....

3. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Any chance explaining how this works?
    "Allows you to track publicly visible players activities in game."
    Something that goes ding dong when a player event is starting soon would be helpful, or an X hours to start of event timer.

Hemswal The Descended likes this.
  4. Vicious Malice

Vicious Malice Avatar

For players that are chosen to be visible to the API, all PvP as well as PvE kills are recorded with the information on who they killed, when, and in which zone. Therefore you can use SotAssist to simply search for a character whose footprints you want to trace, and you'll see that e.g. this morning he's been doing Upper Tears for more than three hours, and now he's killing bears in Ulfheim, obviously flagged for PvP as he also killed another player ten minutes ago, in between the bears. That kind of information. SotAssist is cool!

Hemswal The Descended likes this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

How do I know whether I have 'chosen' to be visible to the API?

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Right click on your character name in-game. There is a checkbox there to determine if you are anonymous or not.

Jaesun and Steevodeevo like this.
  7. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Thanks Fruck, we've been looking into this last night and this morning. It has to do with the code obfuscation of the executable. We've reported the problem to Microsoft. Hope to have a fix in soon. For now, all I can do is promise we aren't infecting you guys with the jeepers creepers! (And it would really not be in our best interest to do so) <3

There was a list of games and installers also having the same problem. At least we aren't singled out. It's worse to suffer alone! Right? :)

Jaesun, FrostII and Kaffe Nightbreeze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.