Dungeon minimap builder

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by DavidDC, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hi guys i made this tool so you can build your dungeon mini map with more ease, it can also help with in game process of connecting corridor and such and remember where you're at in your dungeon!

Everything will snap to the grid so its easy to create something fast. Right click a piece to remove it. Also the piece are half transparent so you can see trought if another one is under or over it! Having different color could be useful to overlay piece and know which one is up or down of another piece. Could also use color to create an entrance or to set a point of interest!

You can also export to save up your project (it will be saved in browser at the same time) and a code will show in the textbox so you can either share with friend or save it in a txt file on your computer! You can always reimport it later.

http://monstersterritory.com/sota/

Here is an example of a dungeon i made while i visited someone dungeon:

[​IMG]

Here is the code to import it in the dungeon minimap builder
    Code:
    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
    Here some stuff you might not see at first:
    You can extend the screen by moving the menu box far to the right or bottom.
    You can import many codes at once by just putting em one after the other in the import box. (Cool if you have multiple people working in dungeon, or have multiple dungeon you plan to connect, just make sure everyone take his place on the grid at start!)

I think with the current system, you have enough to play with and make a good mini map of your dungeon or just a sheet to follow when you build to know what intersection go where. If you have any question or suggestion you can ask them directly in this thread!

List of features to add (constantly updating):
    -Add a square stairs 1x1, square with door (for the look!)
    -Add an input for user to enter the number of pts their entrance is, so it get removed from the total points
    -Complet the info menu

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

3D view with turn and rotate would be awesome
    Zoom in and out too :p

CatherineRose likes this.
  3. DavidDC

The 3d view can go to hell, and the zoom in and out can be achieved by pressing ctrl and rolling mouse wheel ;p

4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Nice Tool!!

Thanks!

devilcult and CatherineRose like this.
  5. DavidDC

Fixed a type error that blocked older browsers from importing code

Lesni likes this.
  6. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

looks great your tool but won't be able to draw my maze dungeon with it :( It will have several floor that are overlapping.

7. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

The example in his post above is of a multi-level dungeon.
    The way you display it is to change the color of the top or bottom levels. FWIW

8. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I saw it but still not usable for me. Imagine you want to make stairs that always overlap at the same position. How do I know it goes up 4 or 5 floors? I only see they overlap.

9. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

[​IMG]

My question is:

Is the robot in the picture holding a flame thrower? or a rifle with a muzzle suppressor?

10. DavidDC

You can use side by side graphic for each floor of you dungeon, unless u go nuts and make 50 floors ;p

[​IMG]

I will add a "stair" looking 1x1 square so you can know where are the floors eventually. You can use different color for now for any point of interest/stairs/entrance.
    I know its not the same as having a full 3d view but full 3d view also require too much time

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  11. DavidDC

Its a "notaflamethrower" ;p

Jaesun, Daxxe Diggler and Jackrabbit like this.
  12. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Seems you don't know me well, but this parallel graphic is quite hard for my maze. But I will try.

13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@devilcult - How do you add the prefab entrance and encounter rooms (from the Pieces Preview at the bottom) to the grid?

14. DavidDC

Its an example of how to make the actual room. 1 small square = 1 points, if you check encounter 2 which is 28 points, thats 2 3x3 square for 18 points, and 10x 1x1 square for a total of 28 points.
    Even if i make you able to create the actual piece by clicking it it has to be separated square so you can drag and drop on the grid or else it will overlap other piece like an image using transparency. Mouse click wont go trough the transparency.
    Thats why i just made them as preview.

If you are not sure of the aligment i made all the piece in the actual grid here:
    Code:
    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
    (Triple click the code fast to select it all, you can import it over your own project it wont remove what you are currently doing)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Lesni likes this.
  15. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Oh, I got ya. That's just what the end product looks like and we have to add the smaller squares to replicate it?

No problem then. I just thought you had them all pre-made as a complete unit and I just couldn't figure out how to drag them onto the grid.

16. DavidDC

Yup exactly that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.