Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Property Mover Placed Dungeon in New Town Without Dungeon Entrance

Discussion in 'Player Made Dungeons' started by jiirc, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

10/19/2018 13:36
    Title: Property Mover Placed Dungeon in New Town Without Dungeon Entrance
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? No
    Details: I placed a village sized dungeon into the Property Mover to do a test. I wnt to a different lot in a different town, thinking I had a dungeon entrance there. After getting to the new town, without checking for a dungeon entrance, in the Property Manager I dragged the dungeon from the stored side of the window to the dungeon for the new lot. It asked me to use Cotos to complete the move and I used the cotos to place the dungeon in the lot in the new town. I then went to enter the dungeon, that's when I realized that there wasn't a dungeon entrance on the new lot. While not being able to get into the dungeon isn't that big a deal, losing 6 cotos would be on live. The same thing happens if I move it to a lot in the same town, without the coto cost.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Store a dungeon, in this case a village size dungeon, in the Property Mover.
    2) Go to a different lot in a new town (you need to be in a new town to see the bug).
    3)Make sure you have 6 cotos in your inventory.
    5) In the new town, go to your lot where you want to place the dungeon.
    6) Make sure there isn't a dungeon entrance on the lot you want to place the dungeon.
    7) Bring up the Property Manager.
    8) Drag the dungeon to the Dungeon area for the lot.
    9) You will get a message indicating that it will cost 6 cotos to complete the move.
    10) Say yes to complete the move.
    11) The dungeon will be placed in the Dungeon section of the lot in the Property Manager.

Since there isn't a dungeon entrance you can't access the dungeon, resulting in a move that cost you cotos but you can't utilize.

If you trya and place a dungeon entrance, you aren't able to.

Is it a problem? Not sure, as you can work around it.

1) Drag the dungeon back into the Property Manager.
    2) Place your entrance.
    3) Drag your dungeon back.
    But I'm not sure it people will realize they can work around the issue.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz (4) System RAM: 12222
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.QA.Win.64.752.Date.10.18.18
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (363.7, 46.3, -113.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCgzNjMuNzAzLCA0Ni4yNjEsIC0xMTMuODM2KXwoMCwgMC42MywgMCwgLTAuNzc3KXwyODguNDg4N3wyNi4yOTM0MXw4LjYzOTg3NQ==

2. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm curious why you were not able to place a dungeon entrance on the lot initially. You should be able to add/remove a dungeon entrance from the top level lot any time, regardless of whether or not a dungeon is "below" in the property manager. I wasn't able to reproduce not being able to place a dungeon entrance on a lot.

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Need more information as to your question.

When you say you couldn't replicate the error, was this after you:

1) didn't have a dungeon entrance placed on the lot
    2) placed (dragged) a dungeon from the dungeon mover to the lot (still no dungeon entrance on the lot)
    3) now you tried to place a dungeon entrance.

Placing a dungeon entrance on the lot initially wasn't a problem. The problem stems from the bug where you can place a dungeon without having a dungeon entrance on the lot. then you try to place the lot.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

This all started because I thought I had a dungeon entrance on a lot so I moved a dungeon from the dungeon mover onto the lot. It moved without a problem. Then I went looking for the dungeon entrance and couldn't find it. So I tried to drop an entrance on the lot, without moving the dungeon back into the property manager. I couldn't do that at this stage in the work flow. I had to think hard on how to fix the problem. Eventually I realized I had to move the dungeon back into an empty slot, place the entrance, and then drag the dungeon into the dungeon area for the lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.