1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 4: The Seven Seals

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]

Chapter IV - The seven Seals

Zaleena, the only one who held the knowledge needed to defeat the Obsidian Messenger and stop the portals from appearing, has been captured and killed by the Ebon Dawn Cult. But she left her knowledge in a book, hidden somewhere in Novia. This book holds the secrets to the so-called 7 Seals and the way to defeat the dark messenger of the Eye.

The old, elven mage has foretold that this book can be found in a town, governed by an Avatar. But maybe this Avatar didn't even know of the existence of this book, and even if he did, who knows on whose side he would be?

The time was running up. And the Avatars had to hurry, to prevent the worst.

[​IMG]

EVENT DESCRIPTION:
    • There is a unique secret book hidden somewhere out there. It holds the secrets to the Obsidian attacks and their weak point.
    • Once the book is found, it will reveal a lot of information, but also further riddles for the Avatars to solve.
    • The Community will have to work together once again to solve all these riddles and this way, have a good chance to save Novia.
    • The elven mage will disclose more hints about the books location little by little.

THE AVATARS ARE VICTORIOUS IF:

• The book is found in time.
    • They determine the location of the next (and final) assault.
    • They determine the time of the next (and final) assault.
    • All puzzles/riddles from the secret book are solved before the final assault begins.
    • The final Boss (Chapter 5) is defeated.

THE AVATARS WILL BE DEFEATED IF:
    • They fail to be at the right time and at the right place, when the final assault begins.
    • They can't solve all puzzles/riddles from the secret book before the final assault begins.
    • They can't defeat the final Boss (Chapter 5)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Rhiannon, gtesser, Jaesun and 21 others like this.
  2. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Letter send to @Net , @Gaelis, @Athanil, @Minerva, @Paladin Michael and @CatherineRose

Dear friends,

due circumstances I can not further discuss, I'm bound to my house for the next two months.
    I'm on a business trip, else I would search myself. So I can only follow the forum.
    Nevertheless I heard our living source to reveal the truth, Zaleena, is not with us anymore. But their seems to be a book helping us to gain a bit of the knowledge lost due to her death. Please keep me informed about anything that happens while I'm stuck in here.

I would start my search either in the place where Zaleena was kept imprisoned or look where she lived till her death. If you know who rescued her, you will find those places easily. Sadly she never told us who rescued her.

May the chaos be with you,
    Riya

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Jaesun, CatherineRose, Aeryk and 4 others like this.
  3. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]

As the time passed, the old man's visions became clearer:

"I see, those who search in Novia will search in vain. The book is hidden outside of this continent.
    The answers you are looking for are outside of Novia!"

[​IMG]

Jaesun, CatherineRose, Aeryk and 6 others like this.
  4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Old man! are you saying we need to return back through the portal to the outlander's realm? Or do you see an ocean in your visions? or a great height?

5. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]

"Indeed, I see a place surrounded by ocean. I also see a bird leading the way to a small town.
    Follow the bird to find the hidden knowledge.
    "
    [​IMG]

6. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

*reads Riyas message and after a little time she smiles a bit* That sounds like a Leeroy accident. I remember when she could not go outside for weeks because she was all green in her face. Leeroy dropped a big jar of paint on her by accident while she was sleeping on her Sofa.

"So we need to find out more now" Gaelis gets a big map of New Britannia and starts to think, starring at this new world. "Looks like we need to search in
    Hidden Vale if the town we need to find isn't in Novia. Thats good, there are not many towns which have a Governeur."
    Her Finger points finally at a little Town.
    " I remember someone mentioned Kahli earlier, what when this will be the town to find? Need to talk to the others what they are thinking about my Idea"

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I shall head to Brittanny central docks at once! Im sure we can wake a slumbering tillerman at this hour.

8. Vicious Malice

Vicious Malice Avatar

And there she found herself, walking the coast of the Hidden Vale, hiring boat after boat to talk to town criers about their governors, hoping to find a hint. It was now or never! She had gotten the Obsidian's attention through her earlier deeds, and now was the time to prove herself. To be desirous and endeavourous were but two of the points of the Obsidian Septagram - the lesson the Master had given her the night before - but they sure were prominent inside this young soul.

After many hours of questioning nearly every town crier in the Hidden Vale, but never getting the gut-feeling that she was on the right track, she scolded herself. To run blindly, without as much information as possible, was foolish. Hopefully the Master would never learn of this mistake. She returned to the elven mage, hidden in shadows as was her habit, hoping that she had not missed the hint that would allow her to find the traitor's records. Silently she sat in a place where she would hear every word that was said, hoping for more information.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Jaesun, CatherineRose, Aeryk and 8 others like this.
  9. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

*wipes a tremendous layer of sweat and dirt from his forehead under the flickering light of a torch which barely lit the pieces of parchments he clenched in his hand.*

*With a worrying look upon his face as he re entered the refreshing darkness of a town he dare not ever return, he re-reads the translated text that he had spent hours translating.*

Unsure whether he was on the right track. He attached the translation to the carrier pidgeon, and motioned that the pidgeon set off at once. To which the pidgeon replied "coo roo-c'too-coo" and flew away into the darkness.

REPORT FROM KHALI:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"unsure if on the right path... investigation and research ongoing. Translation of note found in crypt provided".

GRAVEROBBERS...

DARE NOT OPEN THESE TOMBS LEST YE RELEASE
    THE FOUL BETRAYER OF KAHLI
    AGAIN UPON THE WORLD.

ONLY THE FIRST OF THE FOUR THE FORTY-FOUR MAY LOWER THE SPELL
    WHICH BINDS THE GATE BEFORE YOU, AND WITH HIS MOST UNFORTUNATE
    DEATH A DEATH WHICH HAS BROUGHT OUR FEW SURVIVERS CHANCE AT LIFE THE MAGICAL SEALS
    SHALL NEVER BE BROKEN.

MAY THEIR MAGICS NEVER FADE

LEAVE THIS TOMB LEAVE THESE LANDS.

TRESPASSERS. AND MAY MY SOUL HAVE THE STRENGTH TO GUARD THESE TUNNELS UNTIL THE
    END OF TIMES.

CURSE BE UNTO ANY THAT RELEASES THE DEFILER.

--------------------------------------

Jaesun, CatherineRose, Aeryk and 3 others like this.
  10. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

((OOC: This is the wrong track. The notes inside the Kahli ruins belong to a player run quest by @Elgarion that every roleplayer is very welcome to participate in! To my knowledge they have nothing to do with this official quest, though.)

Jaesun, CatherineRose, Aeryk and 7 others like this.
  11. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Ahhh just as I suspected. The investigation continues.

12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

“A famous ornithologist once reported that the raven quoted ‘Nevermore’” postulated another individual with a raptor last name. “Perhaps a visit to the southern ruins would provoke a query for our clues - for does not the dead find unrest there as well. Perhaps we can borrow said tone from their library...”

“On second thought, if a town, perhaps that village with Raven in its name would give other clues.”

Jaesun, CatherineRose, Aeryk and 3 others like this.
  13. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    "And now I see the book itself. I see it is surrounded by several other books.
    It seems to be a Library. A house, built by people of my own kind."

[​IMG]

14. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

*contemplates proceedings and the Elvyn mages words.*

I wonder of which type of bird the mage speaks. We have found much evidence of Hawks, Owls and Ravens.

We shall report back soon!

15. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

"We have also found Phoenix's, Sparrow's and we can hear seagulls. We have begun searching smaller islands away from the hidden vale." For any adventure's following we believe we have (checked~) all towns on hiddenvale where a bird may have led us. We could be very wrong. We have mainly been going off names. Sir Net has checked near to Owls head also."

We are looking for a Library of Elvyn construction.

Covenant of the phoenix is one of the mainland islands checked.

If I could see a seagull at the moment I would firebolt it and have it for lunch!

16. Vicious Malice

Vicious Malice Avatar

And there it was! Zaleena's Legacy! Malice tried to take it from the shelf, with shivering hand....

"This must be destroyed, before the virtuous fools find it."

17. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

You unvirtuous fool! How do we know you have found it? ;) Perhaps we shall continue searching for it unless you can prove it has been found? Shall I suggest a meeting in say Blood Bay?

Witcheypoo, Jaesun, Sindariya and 5 others like this.
  18. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... MEANWHILE in Ardoris ...

Jude jumped up startled. 'Who's there?', he asked?

A figure peeled out of the mist. 'Heard someone talking about a Paladin?', he answered - smiling.
    'Ah, it's you!', Jude said eased. 'My friendly Paladin, always having a coin for me, when I need one.'
    Jude took a seat and asked a rhetorical question: 'Michael, right?''

... to be continued ...

19. Net

Net Avatar

July 20th
    I heard rumours of the book Zaleena was supposed to hide, that would provide us with clues to deal with Obsidian threat. I heard rumours of birds, hidden vale, elven homes, but could not find any library with book that would help us. I am sure others are still looking. I might look as well. For now I need to focus. The Obsidians left clues with each attack. The first attack happened December 1st in Ardoris, city of love. The second attack happened May 5th in Resolute, city of courage. It seems the next attack should happen in Aerie, city of truth. When I visited the scene I have noticed skull clippers, luckily the Dog II spotted them in time and dealt with this threat. If the attack happens here when it will happen? If the Obsidians wait the same amount of days could it be October 9th? Unfortunately I will not know until the book is found or the attack happens.
    [​IMG]

- an excerpt from Net's diary

20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The "Dragon has unloaded supplies for the ill and wounded Lady Catherine was tending in Dragomir. This city had become a hospital and haven for all those who had fallen in Dysborg and now also had many brought over from Resolute.

He approached the Misty Sea to let Lady Catherine know the requested supplies had been delivered and the coast near Aerie had been secured yet it was time to head back out. He waited a few more minutes as the "Dragon" and its crew awaited for their Captain.

"Lady Catherine, I will not take much of your time as I see you are busy. I will be out patrolling the area near Aerie waters to ensure we do not have any further Obsidian forces trying to land on these shores."

Their conversation was brief and he promised new supplies in the coming days. They bid goodbye to each other and Boris walked back to the "Dragon". He thought of that young woman Zaleena whom he rescued from the bowels of the Fall and wondered what had become of her. He remembered parting ways with her once they arrived on the mainland aboard that dark ferry. She had said a few words and he knew she wanted to warn people and had just vanished from his sight.

It seemed everything was a blur from that fateful day when he received the runic letter from Zaleena. It was like a time lapse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.