Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Enter zone, invite person to party, they accept, they enter zone....

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Social, & Guilds' started by Kelly O'Shay, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

10/26/2018 13:15
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.853.Date.10.25.18
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-180.7, 32.4, -10.8)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9Gb3Jlc3QwMl9UaWVyNXx8KC0xODAuNjg0LCAzMi40MTgsIC0xMC43NTMpfCgwLCAwLjk3MywgMCwgLTAuMjMpfDE0OS40NDA1fDM0Ljg2MjR8Ny4xMTg3Mjc=

My other account has a new character I wanted to train. I logged in two sotas on one computer. Pulled up my main and my other new player in the two sotas. We were both in party mode in the multiplayer tab. But on the overworld we appeared to be in open because of the new rules. My main Kelly enters deep ravenswood. The other player June was on the overworld.

Kelly invites June. June accepts and they are fully partied. Kelly is in deep ravenswood. June is on the overworld. Now, June enters deep ravenswood. June cant see Kelly. Kelly cant see June. Both players compass displays private instead of party.

The bug is, in past releases they would both be in the same instance as soon as June enters deep ravenswood. In r59 they are not.

I wait two minutes. Neither player gets the message that they are leaving the instance in two minutes. That is what used to happen in older releases of this game when the party member was in a different instance.

Perhaps the compass reporting private is part of this bug. I verified that both players have checked party in the multiplayer interface, not private.

Perhaps this bug is because of the new rule that we go to open mode in the overworld. Maybe the code that is supposed to put us back in party mode in the fighting instances is messing up and doesn't realize that we are in a party.

In short, we should be in the same instance when we are in a party and enter a fighting instance, even if one of us was already in the instance when the party was formed. BTW, the party leader was the one already in the instance, so should be the instance owner. The other player should have been placed into the party leader's instance instead of having a new instance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anvar likes this.
  2. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Oops, apparently a patch came in while I was loading up and one of these players didn't get the patch yet. I have high hopes that this will work right after they are both on the same patch level.

3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Build version mismatch is a frequent cause of confusion on patch days. There is a message that appears in the load screen when this situation occurs, but it's easy to miss.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

note - we were both on 851 just after it launched.

Its not necessarily this I had it with mate straight after new release, we couldnt get into loodriver either in mmo or party nomatter how many times we switched or relogged unltil I tried to show ug to list then all worked fine....

Way it happened to me -
    1. I was in party mode, mate was in open mode (I hadnt realised I was still in party due to changes)
    2. I made a party, we were in new brit market fishing all worked fine.
    3. I went to overworld travelled to lood river forest and went in
    4. under compass it listed it as PRIVATE but on settings-multiplayer I was in party.
    5. mate tried to tele to me but couldnt as I was in party mode and he was in open.
    6. I was in the zone in party mode (showing private under compass still) and switched to Open mode.
    7. The game came back in still showing private under the compass, ut in menu I was in Open.
    8. I exited to menu and started on map, my settings and mates both clearly showed we were in open.
    9. we met on map then went into blood river forest and it put us both in PRIVATE instances.
    10, we gave up and walked into another zone and that worked just fine.

After that list joined us in the party and appart frrom it showing him in private mode under compass when he went to party and not showing his name in teleport screen it all worked fine
    and we could join him in the private party area and also in open, we were unable to reproduce it.

My guess is maybe if there are no instances of the zone spun up its possible to do it, that or it was just something to do with the new auto switching mode...

@Lord Subtleton

5. Lord Subtleton

Checklist to ensure you are going to the same instance:
    1. Make sure everyone is a party together.
    2. Make sure everyone is playing on the same build revision
    3. Make sure everyone is set to the same match-making mode

6. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

1. check
    2. check
    3. woops - corrected - check. it was still bugged tho.

7. Lord Subtleton

Thanks for the post. Please give it another try. If you still are having trouble getting into the same instance as your party members, please re-post and note the time and the scene.

Anvar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.