Please give me SPO in my own POT back.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StarLord, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I like the change. They should give us these 3 options tho.

1) Full multiplayer
    2) Multiplayer on Overworld and POT only
    3) Single player online, no multiplayer

Mishikal, StarLord and Elwyn like this.
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

It's also not unreasonable for Port to make this change to negate stagnant player growth to keep the lights on, so you guys can move on to the next gripe.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Much better option.

4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Agreed however POTs are only a part of the change. There are very many other areas that this change satisfies. POTs should be exempt from forced change and be allowed for the Owner to decide.

Cyin and Duffrey Blake like this.
  5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I disagree... as a POT Owner.

Spinok likes this.
  6. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

How about instead of just taking issue with it (which is fine) , we could try to come up with some other ideas to counter them issues.

For instance, @Chris could you potentially make it in the case of crafting that a user can only see themselves in the crafting position it puts you? I do not know if that would be a lot of work, but with things like this it may help restore some feeling of solitude when crafting.

I still wish that we could just be more constructive and offer ideas up over just using our own personal feelings and circumstances, to be the main theme revolving around our concerns.

Now I am not saying that anyone's opinion or feeling is bad and/or wrong, but to me the lesser of two evils (to get more people in game) is to have made these changes. The changes are here and I feel there is more that could be done to be layer in to the change rather than just back peddling on implemented features.

Also just because something is brought in, does not mean it is necessarily final and not subject to changes/tweaks/improvements.

7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Only npc town and overworld should have been turned to multiplayer. The price the town are is just crazy, and i think at that price people should be able to enter and live in their town the way they want to. Some people were practicing PvP in private mode in their town. To see if they like it, and to practice at their pace with the friend they want to. Now they cant, a real PKer can up anytime and break their fun. Or that nerdy insulting player that come in town and rabble all the word they want just for "fun". If it was a kickstarter thing, promise has to be fullfilled. If you lie to one, why wouldnt you lie to me too? While this feature doesnt affect me, i can see the point of view of people hating it.

If i had something to change, npc town/overworld forced multi no problem. POT Owner can decide either or not their pot is forced multi.

8. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Agree!

StarLord likes this.
  9. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

You don't own every POT though. Your opinion is valid.

10. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

As a POT owner, I think that forced MP in POT is great.

disorder, Gia2, Dhanas and 3 others like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I bought some extra tables. It's great for that factory atmosphere.

12. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Its a great change.
    I am a PoT owner and I dont want Avatars hiding in my town.
    No option needed.

disorder, Dhanas, wedrax and 4 others like this.
  13. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I have been thinking about this for some days and I think you guys right, like devilcult said, POT should be selective for the main reason that these towns has owners who payed for their town.

NPCs towns/cities and Overworld forced to MP is one of the best changes we got.

K1000, FruityTooty, Lesni and 2 others like this.
  14. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

@DarkStarr

As you can see, the majority of POT owners here would not hide their avatars. In light of this, it is not unreasonable to allow those POT owners the choice of SPO. You can see that it would not affect the curtain of emptiness.

Elwyn likes this.
  15. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

Remember this game? Where did it go?

16. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

It's still here, just a little eaten. I take no credit for I cannot eat, YET.

Elwyn and Arianna like this.
  17. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

if Pot owners want to have their town be private and non multiplayer it should become a nested town if they don't want to be a part of the multiplayer world.

I don't think its unreasonable that if a pot owner does not want to be multiplayer that I should not have to see their private kingdoms on the overworld map and taking up a spot that a pot owner that wants to having a multiplayer community hanging about in it.

but really I don't care just stirring the pot atm.

I like pots but having store bought pots being the only player controlled towns has always nagged at me as being wrong.

I guess its time to start going after @Chris and @DarkStarr to make prts controllable by guilds. some through pvp, others from monthly coto/gold bidding, and others from pve events. finding a way to give the winning guild a gov that can control placement like a current pot owner.

Elwyn likes this.
  18. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I am happy that Port. have done this. The world is more lively now. And now add wildlife to towns and some sounds of nature.

If there is a need for a minority of people i suggest to allow either PRT that open mode or solo mode can be chosen or that only nested towns have this choice (as mentioned above). In no case such a choice should be available for all POT owners, because every town would switch to this mode to give no reason that a citizen stay away. And this will, de facto, negate the positive change in R59.

Also before R59 every town owner was able to switch their town to forced open mode by selecting PvP for their town. How many did that? Many releases POT owners has had the chance to help that the world becomes more lively without hindering the few town owners that need a place to hide. But the do not have made use of it. Port. has fixed it for you.

Gorthyn likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t think this needs to be overly complicated.

Should just have it by default, load in multiplayer mode. If you wish to be alone, enter into private mode. Simple.

Mishikal, Cyin, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  20. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Stirring the pot of avatars is something I can get my napkin on for.

The assumption is that POT owners would opt for privacy. The nested argument is moot. If your POT is nested, you either chose it or got in too late. Put your POT in one of the new land masses coming in EP2. I don't own a POT. I could care less if I go into a POT and see 200 or 0 people there. I don't go into them hoping for population. If a Governor wants their town private, it should be private (on the overland map or nested) because it is their town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.