Please give me SPO in my own POT back.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StarLord, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

They can always add this option back later. For now, this is the only choice they have to ensure survival of the game. It's a tough one, to be sure, and very valid comments here.

But don't be surprised if SPO and FPO are removed completely, or if they remove dozens of PRTs or get more aggressive about hiding empty / dead POTs from the map.

One compromise would be to simply remove the POT from the map. You can still have your private space, but it won't be seen or directly accessible by anyone except the POT owner and those that can recall / teleport there.

disorder, Elwyn, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I like this idea.

3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I also like this, as it would prevent new players from walking into ghost towns, which I think is overly detrimental to the game.

4. Drasvar Spiderglum

Drasvar Spiderglum Avatar

I think this is a good thing. If you want to fart and run around in your underwear, do it it your basement or lock your door. SPO was an experiement and it didn't work out as hoped. Experiments tend to do that.

Gorthyn, wedrax and Spinok like this.
  5. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

You do have a point here. Basements are a great way to hide, the bodies.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yes. It's not like they paid more for the overworld access.
    This topic became beyond ridiculous pretty fast.

7. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

I'd say give it a month to get used to it before you start threatening to quit and all that. The world is a pretty lively place between Uchat and being able to see everyone all the time. Plus we can see if it has a positive effect on population.

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

9. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

As a pot owner I also like multiplayer as a default however I think we should be given a choice.

Please keep the Overworld map and npc cities multiplayer, however.

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm for, mostly, for anything that can draw players into this game. It is the future that we should be concerned with. If it's proven that this helped immensely, then great. If not no reason a switch can't be added in later. I would say be patient and give it some time to prove out.

And I'm being totally selfish here ;). I'm headed to 66, I would love for this game to last as long as UO (21st yr) has and be my real end game ..game.:eek:

Tracker, Pifester, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This is why I for one have not been very vocal about it. Because there is no technical reason for it to be permanent. If we can get enough player base to start splitting town zones regularly (100+ players) then that might be a good time to call for private mode to be re-enabled in towns.

Numa and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  12. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I'm all for options similar to the PVP where the Governor chooses ahead of time if the zone is private or public. I personally like all the people running around my towns and really like not having to swap modes every time I enter town.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Elrond likes this.
  13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, I 100+ the idea of allowing POT owners to set mode just like we do for PVP now. If you need privacy in NPC towns and you have a lot put your usable items like crafting stations and remote banks inside and lock your doors. Then you can grant access to only the ones you want. Thank you Andartianna great idea.

Elwyn likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not for pot owners to have control over a towns private or multiplayer status. Imo they should not. We don't need more complex situations in this game.

As to the crafting table use there are many ways around that. I never see the game that congested that players are all trying to use the same crafting table. There are ways around this as mentioned by someone like only showing your self crafting idea.

Players can also have their own crafting set up in their homes. In Wizards Rest we have 3 crafting pavilions in the town for convenience for example.

I am with the wait and see camp on this. I am really hoping some changes like this make a difference and if not and negative outcomes rain down on us then change can be adjusted.

Gaelis, Jaesun, Tracker and 2 others like this.
  15. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I logged into my town with two accounts this weekend, and my characters went to different instances. Apparently single player is available in Dead Horse.

16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm thinking even if it's open, there is no guarantee that you'd end up in the same instance? Not sure how instances are decided, does the instance have to have X amount of players before a new one opens or is it random, hmmm.

17. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

This is problematic for market towns or people who advertise their shops that happen to be in POTs

StarLord likes this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

Yes, it would be problematic if the POT owner decides to remove their town from the map. I'd imagine market towns would not want to be private or opt for removal from the map, but you never know. In any case, this is all speculation and wishlisting at this point.

I'd lean towards the other idea suggested, which is to set the POT to private or public vs. setting the multiplayer mode. But that's not without its own set of issues, I'm sure.

19. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I still think this change was done to free up server resources. for every instance created there is extra resources required, private specifically. This is not client side this is server side all transactions are on server side thus less resources required the faster the server runs and the less resources used which is better over all for the masses.

As to the party/private. you still have the option to lock down your town if you like. You can simply ban all but guild / party members. I really don't understand why people care if there are other people in their town. unless say they are running an event and want to keep it out of public perhaps. when it comes to crafting the only thing I could see the crafters worried about is getting caught ruing bots lol. but that is just my view.

I'm in favor of the current change as it supports the concept of the game as a MMO first with single player play-ability which is what the KS stated. I think there are far more that support the change then the few that are introverted ;)

you can always move your crafting to your own lots in a basement or house and lock the doors.

Numa and Gorthyn like this.
  20. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There are times when I do want to plan out a build project in SPO or group only and I suspect there are others who do their project builds in similar fashion, so being forced into one mode does restrict this.

Otherwise I probably spend 80 percent of my time in the different properties in multiplayer mode...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.