Lord Forged item - Has anyone received theirs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sargon, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I was disappointed with the decision to scrap the custom Duke heads and replace them with the Lord Forged items. I understood the reasoning, but I just don't feel like the replacement was comparable.

Anyway, that ship has sailed, so I went ahead and submitted the form a few months ago (I lost track of exactly when I submitted it) to request my item to be created by Lord British.

Since then, nobody has contacted me by any means and I am not allowed to submit the form again since it has already been submitted. I sent an email to Portalarium last Friday to ask about the status and have not received a reply to that email.

For any Dukes and above, have you requested and received your Lord Forged item? If so, how long did it take?

2. stile

stile Avatar

I feel the same way you do.

No I have not. I submitted when they made the announcement.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I also agree that I am very disappointed about the substitute not being equal. I have NOT submitted one. I know this does not help answer your question, but wanted to voice my disappointment in case the devs look at this.

4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I submitted 3 and received nothing so far, but I waited long bevor I locked the forms.
    And yes, its a disappoining replacement.

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

I think the replacement should have had a value compared to a town lot.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I'm shocked you guys haven't got these yet. Have you reached out to support?

7. Godra

Godra Avatar

I caved and completed my form a few weeks ago. I am not happy with the replacement and I didn’t want another weapon nor a piece of armor. So I chose the Decoration, but have no clue what that is or will be. So no, I have not received anything about this item yet. I also chose LB, so not sure if who the maker is has anything to do with creation time.

8. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

I have NOT and will NOT submit a request for this Lord Forged Item as I do not accept it as a substitute item of equal value to the reward it replaces.

I was quite disappointed at this change to say the least.

9. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

This reward is so lame, not only do we not get to choose our exact weapon or armor type, which makes no sense since everyone uses different kinds of weapons and armor. I also consider this to be NOT of equal value to the duke head. So i will NOT submit a request.

I accept that they do not have the time or resources to make a custom head, but the replacement is beyond laughable. At least try to compensate people fairly after putting up a large amount of money like that.

10. stile

stile Avatar

Bah, wrote a long post, it needed a lot of cleaning up and editing, and i wanna go to bed, so..... ill leave it with this, and this is the last time im going to participate on this unless Portalarium reached out in some fashion (forums, email, whatever it is), and asks for more input.

To put it in a constructive format.

I believe the first concern is how quickly this decision was made, without allowing any sort of discussion or feedback on it. That in itself, to put in its most base format, I think hurt a lot of peoples feelings.

I think the second concern is that there is an orange to apple replacement taking place. I feel, as I believe most do, that the Duke+ Heads big perks, in terms of it has to be substituted (because you cant truly come up with a perfect comparable for something that was this unique) need to meet the same factors that, which are:

-A custom "visual" in the game.
    -that no one else in the game has, it is 100% unique to each of us. No one has a reskinned version in another color, its not a white dog instead of a blue dog. its a 100% unique we each would have, and we are not even duplicating exactly among ourselves.
    -that is with us always in the game, and we always see it. It will be with us every second we play the game until we no longer play.. unless of course, we put a hood on.

If the substitution does not do those things, its not a fair substitution IMO. I can think of at least one possible substitute, if not several, that I think everyone would be interested in and that would be low labor for Port. But... who am I going to tell? Im know at least some others feel the same, and if only a small think tank was allowed to be held by the Dukes and port, a solution that made the players happy, yet meets Port's concerns, would not be hard to come to.

But i feel like this is not desired by Port, as even some of the most well-known community leaders, who posted very politely and respectfully, where not responded to. At least from what I could discern.

11. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I think Lord forged Items can be a propper sorry for those who pledged that high to get this unique feature, a costumised head, but
    it never can be a replacement for those promised ( and already payed with RL Money...a lot of RL Money ) heads.
    Glad I did not pledged for Duke because I was tempted to get this pledge as well just for this feature....

12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Nothing yet and form was completed on day 1.

13. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

As was I, now hearing this I'm glad I didn't. I can't believe those who submitted the form have not said anything until now.

14. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Agreed. I was looking forward to the Duke head, it was one of the draws to get the Duke Tier and then they dropped it for a much lesser reward.

Cypher Black

15. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Perhaps they want to do something better, but are currently unable and don't want to set another expectation that folks will beat them up about.

16. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Come on, you really believe that?

17. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Maybe tell people that, even if the details aren’t worked out yet? “Hey, we realize now lord forged items are not what people want - we are trying to figure out a better replacement but do not have it nailed down yet.” If they don’t have that plan, these surely should have been delivered by now, or an update given on timing.

That is better than a black hole as it seems now.

For as open as the team has been during development (I do appreciate the amount of detail we tend to get overall compared to other games), the number of things that go into the ether like this, or the times major changes happen with what seems like not a lot of forethought to bounce it off their customers first, has gotten too high for me. It is the primary reason I have mostly stepped away. I am glad I am not a duke to have this added on as well, but I sure understand the feeling.

Great team, love all the work and passion they have and what has been able to be delivered, but this stuff is a continued blind spot for them that does not seem toregister high on the importance scale, at least in outward appearance. They are doing such great things in game to improve it, I wish this aspect was not so important to me.

18. smack

smack Avatar

For Unity3D: https://avatarsdk.com/

I took the image from Update #93 and it produced a better 3D model in a few seconds than the one they showed.

And yes, I would agree the Lord Forged Item isn't a suitable replacement for this reward.

Gia2, Duke Albert, StarLord and 6 others like this.
  19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I am going to second Hannah's remarks that if you know of something that we do not, some communication needs to be given to say 'something', as the LACK of communication in some areas has been the greatest thorn in the side.

20. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Not acceptable at all. Besides the skin will just end up in the store or future telethon. stream giveaways are on par or perhaps even better .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.