1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED 2: Automatic Redemption of Rewards Release 63 (was 62)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almar

Almar Avatar

My new rewards are showing in a different colour until I close the window. Certainly the Meretz stuff is.

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Same here

3. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

@DarkStarr - how will this impact forum accounts that have never had/used game access? If you never log in they stay put on your forum account until you gift them to another player?

Thanks, Brickbat

4. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes.

Bom, Elwyn, Sean Silverfoot and 3 others like this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You can use "send as gift" instead. I've been doing that for the past 3 months or so.

Although I'm not entirely happy with this happening upon login (I would rather it be when you first open the Rewards window), I understand how most new players could have problems understanding the current interface (even veteran players were confused with R59!), and even worse the original one that went through the bank interface, and I think this will be an improvement for a majority of players, and to not log into an account if it has an item that I need to gift away from it.

People who already have an account set aside for storing items to gift to other people (such as for in-game prizes) only need to not log into them. Or create a new account (they're free now, right?) just for the purpose of parking gifts, and transfer everything over, you now have a month's notice.

I gained about 300 bank slots in R59, and the problem of storing monthly rewards was obviously only going to get worse. It was such a good idea that I was annoyed I hadn't thought of it myself.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Bom like this.
  6. Bom

Bom Avatar

@DarkStarr

Overall this is not an improvement, it's a loss of Gift functionality, especially now that there is a highly visible Rewards icon for everyone in the upper right corner of the game. Effectively, you are only eliminating one click in exchange for removing the ability for people to purchase SotA Gifts ahead of time for other people for birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions and store those gifts until the desired date, without the hassle of creating storage accounts or not logging into the game.

It's a bad idea to discourage people from buying SotA gifts and logging in, just to save a click.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Send as gift wasn't removed as functionality so I personally think for the majority-use-case scenario this is a positive.

1. Items can still be purchased as "send as gift" by choosing that as an option, send it to your own email address, then it sits in your pending gifts page. You can then click send as gift and type any email you want in the future.
    2. Items you purchased already on your addons page can be sent as gift and sit as a pending gift before logging in - send it to your own email address to sit on your pending gifts page. You can then click send as gift again at any point in the future.
    3. If you accidentally claim an item, you can send it in-game as a gift (I'm personally just as happy, if not more happy, to receive something in my mailbox in-game vs my email).

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You can create another account to store gifts on, and just don't log into the game with it. The downside is that you will need another e-mail address for it. And of course you can "send as gift" upon purchase.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  9. Bom

Bom Avatar

I wonder what would motivate you to claim that making things overly complicated is not a loss of functionality and is a positive?

The average person is not going to intuitively figure this out, nor even read this forum topic, they're going to buy something they intend to gift later and then log in to find their emote or bank upgrade stuck to their account.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can purchase as a gift, send it to yourself and just not claim it until you're ready.

Lained likes this.
  11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

UPDATE: This change is moving to Release 62 in January.

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Cool. Wasn't really high on my list of must fix things anyway.

K1000 likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

You guys should make the treasure chest icon shine when there are new rewards.

14. Godra

Godra Avatar

@DarkStarr one quick question... how will this affect Single Player Offline mode? Will it be automatic or will we still need to enter account login info? I also have 4 accounts and just use the one Character and saved game to claim all the rewards from each account. How will that be affected?

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

In a game that take 4 clicks to play and 3 to quit why is clicking once in game even to receive rewards even something that is an issue? It is all automated, there is no support needed when you purchase or receive them so why is there all this effort?

there is more communication here about something that appear so insignificant

and reading the posts above actually appear to create a problem, really ? worth it ?

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.