Please add nested towns to the info mouse over of overland towns

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by that_shawn_guy, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

the nested towns need more visibility. adding the list of nested town to the info mouse over of overland towns (like the number of vendors, etc) would help.

for bonus points, find a way to zone into a nested town from this list. i understand the need to limit the number of towns on the map and the "exclusiveness" of having map access. but, there are some really great nested towns that most players will never see.

for super mega bonus points, give nested town more "reach" when connecting to overland towns. the more connections they have the more likely someone will be to find them. i strongly feel there should be some benefit that nested towns have over overland ones.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree. This is really a must have.

Jaesun and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

+ 1

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

That's a very nice idea. It would help (new and old) players while exploring the player-made communities :)

5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Waste of resources IMO (at least for now) I'm not sure how many of them there are but 50 of them move in E2

6. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Great idea and I think that it would be quite simple to do.

7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

+1 Absolutely makes sense and is needed. Relatively minimal work to implement I would expect.

8. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I say list the nested towns, but do not show all that information. Some Towns have a ton of nested towns.

As for adding the direct click, I think that would erase the exclusiveness of the Overworld access, and generally not fair to those that got them for that purpose.

9. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

until your comment, i had't really consider providing easier access as unfair to anyone. it gives me a bit more to consider. thanks for the additional perspective.

10. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Great idea :D
    I would like to add a similar idea: Add nested adventure zones to the list of entrances for a given overworld zone.
    However, in this case, the entrance to the nested adventure zone would be discoverable.
    For example, if you have never found Elysium Mine inside Twins foot hills, then the overworld entrance would not show Elysium mines.
    If you have found Elysium mines, then every time you enter twins foothills, Elysium mines would appear on the Overworld Entrance list - so that you could enter Elysium mines directly from the over world.
    If this was done for all nested adventure zones, it would dramatically reduce the # of loading screens (although it might contribute to the world feeling empty since you will see less avatar's running through these zones).

Nick and that_shawn_guy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.