When we get electric lutes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by redfish, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Or aetheric lutes, whatever you want to call them...

Which a lot of people have made versions of in real life, including more standard versions,

Since we're doing some really punkish clockpunk stuff in the game... it would actually be kind of fun if they would have an aetheric neon glow when you started to play, to give a fantasy punk effect,

Funky shapes would help too :> Here is a Skyrim-themed electric guitar someone made,
    [​IMG]

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It is a great idea to get more variations for the current lute we already have. Also I want to call out for horns. We really do need horns. I have some songs that have 8 parts to be played calling for horns. So as it is we just make do with whatever instruments we have but horns are very much missing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

@majoria70

Oh yea there are a bunch more normal instruments they can add... I'm glad they just added a recorder because one of my no.1 requests was a pipe instrument, which that fills.

I think we also need some more traditional sea shanty instruments, like the tin whistle, fiddle, bodhran, concertina. And maybe be able to blow in glass bottles/jugs ;)

Synergy Blaize and majoria70 like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Another optional effect they can add is changing the color of the aetheric glow with the music, like light changing bulbs

[​IMG]

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  5. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Hmmm.... Very Interesting!

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I really hate that the title says "when" and not "if."

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think it would be weird if it wasn't in the game, especially with all the other stuff they added and are planning to add.

Personally, I think it could be done in a smart & discreet way; if you read the links in the above post, color producing organs were discussed already in the 1590s, then this picked up more interest in the 18th century; so one could easily imagine a clockpunk pipe organ that produces light, and carry the same concept to lutes, and all sorts of polyphonic instruments.

Plus, it punking the medieval setting makes sense with the stuff they have going. IMO much less offensive to immersion than stuff like the band uniforms, doctor and nurse uniforms, toilets, top hats, wings, spider backpacks, coffee mugs etc., and IMO at least less so than universal chat and fast travel :D

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That was my point; that "steampunk/Kobold tech/Aetheric" is so commonplace that a lot of things that might otherwise be cool and unique are just inevitable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.