Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] 3X encumbrance not ready for release

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Mishikal, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There are a multitude of serious problems with the 3x encumbrance, and I would strongly advise this "feature" be pulled before Thursday.

One example from tonight:

[​IMG]

I clearly am *not* over weight. The issue arises if you try to pick up an object the game already knows the weight of. In this case, I picked up the chest on the table. It weighs several thousand pounds. The first time I could pick it up and put it in my inventory (and then the game calculated the weight). Then I set it down on the table, and tried to pick it up again and got this error, because the game applies the weight the moment you grab it with your mouse, *not* when it's actually in your inventory.

Another issue is that I can no longer "take all" from the majority of the containers I have storing items, if the game knows the total weight of the items in the container.

Another issue is that of disappearing items when crafting. If you are at your weight limit, you will lose any items you craft. In the following example, I just lost my 2 timber I created.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note the big red server error as it destroyed my items.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There are other additional issues that are going to wreak havoc, such as the inability to sell items in bulk at vendors (Think scraps (metal/wood/fabric), reagents, ore, etc).

Tiina Onir and Jason_M like this.
  3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I'm unable to participate in QA, so I am grateful for the notification of the crafting table related issues (before finding out the hard way).

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

QA is open to anyone now, so you should be able to participate.

5. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

My inability stems from my capped imternet connection. (Unless I'm mistaken about the neceasiyy of downloading a new client.)

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Ah, yeah, that'd do it. :/ How do you handle new releases, since you have to download those in full as well?

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Well this change slipped into QA at the very last moment I think. Hopefully my bug report about selling loads of repair kits was not the reason they added this change...

I can imagine this 3x encumbered is going to hurt a lot of players out there..

Mishikal likes this.
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Thank you for your concedn. Updates aren't so bad, usually. I'm not playing through Steam, so my updates seem rather smaller than a whole new client, and my bandwidth limit resets on the first of the month, so limited internet bandwidth penalties don't last long as long as the updates fall on the end of the month.

This newest release falls in the middle of the month, however, and all indications show a big one, so.... grin and bear, I suppose.

Mishikal likes this.
  9. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I noticed the change already on weekend and it was in the bug list. I started testing the new limit.
    @Mishikal
    How did you pick up the item from the crafting station? In an earlier build I was still able to pick up the crafted item even it was over my limit. Since my testing wasn't finished yet, I hadn't reported anything yet.

Feeyo likes this.
  10. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Hmm. So if I am crafting a Dungeon Rotunda and it takes me to over encumbered I could have it deleted?
    I paid 200K for the blueprint plus all of the granite, and it is destroyed by the server???
    WTH?

Tiina Onir and Mishikal like this.
  11. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

That will never happen since the final piece is not heavier than the raw material. The workflow is
    1 Your are close to the limit.
    2 You put your mats on the table and the weight of your mats not counting to your limit anymore
    3 you craft
    4 you take your item back to inventory and now it could happen
    a) raw material weight more than final piece -> everything is fine
    b) raw material weight less than final piece -> You hit the limit and you can't pick the item up. I could under version 768. under 771 it caused a bug and destroyed the item. I think this is not the intended way it should work.

To fix this issue they have to see if the result piece is heavier than the raw material and than not allow you to craft.
    If they fix the bug and the item is not destroyed and can't picked up you are bound to the table till someone takes some load of you.
    If they go to the behaviour I noticed, you can easily exploit the limit by manuel crafting piece by piece.

But I guess we will end up with behaviour 2.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yep. If you can even carry the weight to craft some of these things in the first place (Think newer players).

13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Something I couldn't test, but others may want to, is what happens if you de-list items from a vendor that would put you over your weight limit, what happens if you buy something in bulk that would put you over your weight limit, and what happens if you try to move a vendor whose total weight would put you over the limit.

14. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

buying a bulk that goes over limit is not possible. tested.
    regarding the vendor I have to test.

15. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Resolved in build #774

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.