Re: Player Feedback on R60 Change: Being Fully Encumbered Will Block Loot & Trade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Olahorand, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

You should worry about it. It's specifically targeted to towns *now* on QA, which is what goes live in 2 days. Additionally, this smells to be their "solution" to the exploits they introduced when they created brewing. Rather than fixing brewing, they're breaking a million other things. Brewing, of course, can only be done *in towns*. ;)

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

A fairly common game mechnic in many MMOs and the best idea to address this next new set of issues created by Port solving one problem on the fly and creating a raft of others.

Hazard and Mishikal like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Possible "quick and dirty" solution for crafting: if you are at max encumbrance, you can't use a crafting station. If you try to withdraw an item from a crafting station and it would cause you to go over max encumbrance, it will still go to your inventory (thus putting you over the limit, thus you can't continue to craft). However, to make this work crafting an item would need to put the item into your inventory immediately, rather than letting it sit on the crafting station until you close the window. Otherwise there is the "exploit" of allowing things to accumulate on the station until you are done.

Bulk sales... well, I don't see any way of doing that now. You'll probably need to switch to multiple smaller lots. If they did add an option to send it to your bank instead of to your inventory, there should probably be a gold sink to it.

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

@Mishikal I think you've made some excellent point in this thread, about everything wrong with it.

I predict it will go in, and last no more then two quarters. It just breaks too much.

Well, if items followed conservation of mass it wouldn't be an issue, BUT THEY DON'T (not directed at you, Browncoat).

The problem is, crafting as it stands now depends on bulk sales.

@Chris @DarkStarr @Lord British Remember all that discussion about how we understand needing to make slight adjustments for balance and mostly only get outraged at heavy-handed knee-jerk responses that cause more trouble then they fix? Wanna take a guess which category this falls in?

Mordai, Tila Tenderfoot and Mishikal like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Well, allowing players to hold as much as they want, with no limit other than they can't move, wasn't feasible to leave uncorrected. Granted, putting this in before doing a pass through the items for weight (and value) wasn't a great idea. Everything else is just quibbling about edge cases.

Jaesun, kaeshiva and Jason_M like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I guest/tenant anyone in town who wants to on our crafting pavilions in Wizards Rest. We have 3 of them. I just limit players to 1-2 trunks each. I prefer 1 each but sometimes they are convincing about their needs ;). Trunks are better because they easily stack. One small section of the pavilion can house these trunks. Well just in case anyone wants to know. It will save dragging those resources there each time and they can unload there too.

edit: I just have them name their trunks with their name like Majorias resources which is done when holding the trunk in your inventory and right clicking it for anyone who doesn't know you name them that way ;)

margaritte likes this.
  7. guardianspif

guardianspif Avatar

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Sadly, whatever this is doesn't work for me. ;)

9. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

or maybe it does! Spif, are you trying to lure us into watching the YouTube sensory deprivation chamber?

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I agree that it wasn't something that can just be. I expect that they have always planned on correcting this oversight when the game was in a more complete state.

Just to confirm, have you tested items vanishing after leaving the crafting bench? Has it been reported as a bug?

If not, you definitely should.

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

He was logged into QA testing this.

12. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The question is whether this specific problem was tested and whether it has been reported so that it can be addressed by the developers.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I know what the question was. I answered the first half of it for you. I'm sure you can peruse the QA bug forum pretty easily for the answer to the second half.

I just found another fascinating bug -- You cannot pick up an object that will put you overweight even if you are currently *underweight*, if the game knows the weight of the object in advance. This is really bad.

Vaiden Luro and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

15. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Mishikal likes this.
  16. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I don't see how watering is Looting, Trading, or picking up an item...
    Not walking back to a chest to get water all the time. nope.

Mishikal likes this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well I hope not, cuz as I said, it would be super annoying.

smack likes this.
  18. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

The losing of an item that takes you overweight is bonkers.

How can you be carrying coal, ore, ingots, wood, wax, etc in your inventory, happily underweight then craft an item from said materials and be overweight?

OK forget that, I've just read your illustrated example on bug forum. If anything you shouldn't be allowed to put anything on the crafting Station if you are overweight, rather than have this currently daft end result. That's if they intend to stick with this system.

Mishikal likes this.
  19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

While I get why this is being done (ok, I really don't see it as necessary, but I understand the reasoning for it)
    There is a serious need to go and re-evaluate weight of all items.
    This is going to kill things like decorating (when you pick up the big boxes of 'things') watering crops, trying to craft large items like houses that require a lot of stuff. Ummm, dungeon rooms that require thousands of granite? Not good.

I'd start with reducing weight of water, granite blocks, and all deco items or this is just going to end up being a MASSIVE step back in quality of life.

Could even go as far as to say that I might stop buying deco if its going to be a massive pain to use and organise such deco when just my box of props weighs far more than 3x my carry weight, not to mention furniture, outdoor things, statues, planters, trees....

I guess I'll just be hauling a bank device with me everywhere now, yeah?

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Have you tried any of this on QA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.