1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Crown Migration for Release 61

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I suppose I'm glad to know this before paving a street with crowns, which I fully intended to do.

AngelTerri, Bom, Vaiden Luro and 7 others like this.
  2. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Just for "evidence".....

This is my non-gold Coto stash..... (purely deco)
    [​IMG]

3. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

Chris,

This makes a lot of sense and I'm sure would help object loading conditions considerably. Some of the other above posters have a great idea. As @Brass-Knuckles suggested, make stacks of coins of various sizes that load in as a single object and make them cost COTO's. It would just be another premium buyable decoration, allos people to still show various stacks of currency, and reduces sheer number of objects.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Bom, yinki2, Sean Silverfoot and 2 others like this.
  4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

NO. We LEGITIMATELY played the game to get these cotos (or traded for them). What you want to do is take away something we all PLAYED for and then force us to buy them. That's kind of a slap in the face, honestly.

5. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

Valid point, but you have to look at the resource and networking costs of the game loading in hundreds of COTO's per house per town. Numbers, placements, collisions, etc have to all be loaded. Either we want to make the game more accessible to more people with varying hardware/network specs or we don't and we just keep complaining about hitching. As the developers find issues in the game, they need addressed, even after launch. This is what it seems like @Chris is implying.

1. Buying a whole stack of COTO's for one COTO is a very insignificant cost
    2. Generate (or have redeemable for free) various COTO decoration options based off the amount of COTO's a user has collected.

I think option 2 still upholds the fairness of the amount of work you've put into the game collecting them as the size/style of the placeables would be directly related to your actual COTO's

That all being said, I agree with @Chris and think that moving forward with just one premium currency is the smartest move to make.

AngelTerri, Bom, Vaiden Luro and 2 others like this.
  6. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

I don’t like the change but understand the reasons behind it. Wish there was another solution to keep the cotos as deco. How hard would it be to set coin deco limits per lot?

Bom, Vaiden Luro, FrostII and 5 others like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Alleine Dragonfyre Again, I strongly advise reading through my original thread on this topic: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...pcoming-replacement-of-non-gold-cotos.145940/

A number of excellent ideas/solutions were presented and ignored by the Dev team. There's little chance anything you say here or protest against will be considered or held valid. You know, because the players are just "emotional" etc (Sure wish that thread hadn't been deleted, it was the greatest quote ever... Probably *why* it got deleted)

So good luck. Personally, I'm done with the game, for now. Maybe I'll be back again in the future.

Bom likes this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*GASP*ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!111

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Hard earned drops :(
    At least, @Chris, you should double them, if you decide to change them to Gold Coto.
    Why? Some of us paid high prices for the non-gold Coto!

And may be a compromise: let it be possible to own 1 of each? ;)
    However I liked the variety of them. They could have been used more functional in future, may be a direct trade currency for ore (1 Iron Coto worth x amount of Iron ore, ...)

10. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

It is neither the first time nor the last that items rarity will be changed "for the greater good of the game". Whether one agrees with it or not is in the eye of the beholder. There are many things that have had their value changed by design decisions that were not compensated for in the past, though, so somehow getting more cotos in exchange for these as suggested up thread would be, a quite inconsistent approach.

Be thankful is it still a planned changed you can provide feedback on; the changes that affected me went live with no warning everyone just had to deal. Good luck.

11. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

I doubt many players have 1,000s of COTOs stacked as deco, but I think the point is that if 50 players have 20 COTOs out as deco in a market town... that's a 1,000 items that have to be loaded!

Deco was nice, but Im not going to lose too much sleep over the change. However, people that like COTOs as deco may decide to keep the gold ones out as deco...
    • This change will fix the currency confusion issue
    • This change will probably not do much for the deco item count issue
    In order to address the deco item count issue:
    • Make COTOs so they cant be placed as deco
    • Add deco stacks of various sizes and colors of coins to the COTO vendors
    • Players can use their new gold COTOs from this conversion to buy the new deco stacks

12. Curt

Curt Avatar

Slightly off topic but still relevant.
    I wish they could make a new type of 'container' that only could contain 1 or more items of one specific type and that visually looked different depending on number.

So for gold crowns of the obsidian, could have a pile of N cotos with apperance depending on the amount (not so they need one visual for all numbers)

To be able to place a pile of copper ore or pine.

13. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

@Chris If you know me a little then you know I live to deco. These small things is what I live for in the game. I dont do PVP, dont do much PVE, some trading, some selling, but mostly DECO!

A few pic's of my vendors and the ' other' Coto's which add the small touch to the deco.

NBM fish market

[​IMG]

Jaanaford, lower Waterfalls
    [​IMG]

Owls,

[​IMG]

NBM,

[​IMG]

these are just a few that I have, but it's that small extra deco item that makes the total picture!

Thx,
    Fiero Steele
    Dexter Steele
    Palm Export
    Shade Steele

14. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I'm certainly guilty of using Crowns as Deco - But how else can I make my Treasure room? I've been asking after treasure piles for years now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I agree. Basements are instaneces and don't affect other players in the scene so I say treasure them up. Maybe the add-on store needs a throne made out of COTO's :p

16. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

This is not a basement - This is a room in my house good Sir. I have no desire at all to throw it in a basement.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  17. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I am aware. I am saying that basement rooms could be better treasure rooms because the 100's of COTO's don't have to be loaded for every player passing through.

18. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Wow! got to see, hope that your doors are open.

Woftam likes this.
  19. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I can hear Sonic the hedgehog and Mario breathing heavy now.

20. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.