1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Crown Migration for Release 61

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Off the top of my head there is one in South Fetid. Banks. The Crags may have one. There are a few in the game, but I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

The devs made such a big deal out of these dropping off mobs and their drop rate was so minimal they became treasured. And now they're going away like a fart in the wind.

This may be a small thing but it'll be super insulting if you turn around and try to sell us, for cash, coins or stupid treasure piles in their stead. It's the principal of the thing. Make them non-currency collectibles. How can that POSSIBLY be harder on you in the long run? How many are there in the world right now? And is this a precursor to removing using the gold ones as deco as well?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I just really have no way to respond to this... just... WOW!

dcyumyum likes this.
  4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Does not read like less deco items....

In UO it was simple, there where three stack sizes: 1 -> looks like one gold coin, 2-5 -> looks like 5 gold coins and 6+ -> looks like a pile of gold. Piles are build by dragging the same item an each other. Such a pile was handled like one single item. To get one or more items from a pile simple drag the pile and one get the same window like dragging a stack.
    May be in SotA the piles need to be crafted like the pile of wood, already in. And salvaged to get the stack of items back.

1 coto = 1 item -> can be used as deco
    x cotos can be stacked = 1 stack -> can not be used as deco
    6 cotos can be crafted to a small pile of cotos = 1 item -> can be used as deco
    12 cotos can be crafted to a pile of cotos = 1 item -> can be used as deco
    72 cotos can be crafted to a large pile of cotos = 1 item -> can be used as deco
    144 cotos can be crafted to a huge pile of cotos = 1 item -> can be used as deco
    on salvaging the piles:
    small pile of cotos gives a stack of 6 cotos
    pile of cotos gives a stack of 12 cotos
    large pile of cotos gives a stack of 72 cotos
    huge pile of cotos gives a stack of 144 cotos

I like that the coloured crowns become gold crowns and i can use them to buy something off the crown merchants.
    But i like to see the coloured ones as deco also. And if it about item count please add piles of crowns as deco items.
    So, the dropping of coloured crowns need not to be changed. It also need no to be changed to use them for repair. That saves work.
    The buy orders on vendors also need not to be changed.
    Please add buy orders on crown merchants to buy one coloured crowns for one gold crown.
    Change the price for potions from one coloured crown to gold crowns.
    Please add the piles to reduce the single item count for crowns

Dhanas likes this.
  5. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Requiring a different crown type for each pot seemed pointless. Glad to see that gone.

Finding Gold crowns as loot is a lot more useful as well.

I have collected these and used them for deco as well but it was mostly as a placeholder for lack of proper deco options.

They bring out new deco every release. Just theme one of the upcoming months as treasure month.

I am sure they can make some suitable replacements.

Elwyn, Jason_M and Barugon like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The ones you find as loot will just be the gold ones.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please.

8. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Everything @Chris proposes is fair except changing out the non-gold cotos. All I'm asking is that they be maintained in the game by those that have them. There are a lot less of them than gold cotos I would imagine.

Mishikal and Paladin Michael like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In the offline game COTOs are plentiful in loot, but gold ones are the most rare. Please don‘t reduce the drop rate for COTOs in the offline game when they all turn gold; players need to be able to purchase pretty deco to beautify their offline properties.

10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Treasure month! How has that not been done before? It's brilliant, and I bet it would be excedingly popular :D

Even we poor folks like to look at the treasure... :oops:

I've logged hundreds if not nearly a thousand hours and adventured in far flung places from shardfalls to K'rul, Rise and Fall, but I've never gotten a non-gold COTO. I've gotten ONE gold in all that time, so I can really understand how @Alley Oop and @Alleine Dragonfyre feel. They must have gone to incredible lengths. :(

While some more pragmatic people might be hoping for a windfall of gold crowns, I hope the Company can figure out how to convert non-gold COTOs from currency to standard items.

I have no horse in this race, as I said, but, for an admittedly small number of peope, it's huge.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Mishikal likes this.
  11. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

So this is what Cat Stevens would tell us about those kind of hugs.... ;)

'first hug is the deepest...'

Dinsoo likes this.
  12. Cyin

Cyin Avatar

I am not sure that the reason they have given is logical at all. If my house can hold x amount of objects does it matter if they are all cotos because even if they are not cotos they still must load.

13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I would prefer all the rusty and ceramic variant stuff to go (over 20 not stackable jars and others ...). Give us instead a Coto more often :)

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  14. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

next step is turn rusty spoons into gold crown plz port

15. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but I have a pretty decent sized stash of non-gold COTOS and I would wayyyyy rather have them swapped out for gold COTOs than keep them for deco.

They could always add some other types of non-currency coin deco in the future if it's a big issue.

16. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I think its just me looking back through the years at all the changes they have wanted to make. We have arguedover alot of cosmetic things in the past, I feel it has been a huge waste of time for the devs.
    Thank you.

Metlore, Vaiden Luro and Greyfox like this.
  17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Hmmm. Just wondering if we start decorating with large numbers of torches, rusty pans and ceramic mugs... will they be taken from the game too? I keep remembering very early on in the development of this game a video of Richard Garriot's avatar kicking a pine cone in a scene he was walking through. He thought it was the neatest thing and made a personal commitment to have these types of interactive deco in his game design. Guess real world again limits vision.

18. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Is this meant to separate the word gold from the word crown? Is there confusion with people not knowing the difference between gold and gold crowns?

As for coins as decorations, books, bottles, and any other small objects would have the same issues. Are we looking at reducing the number of those too?

I just want to understand the thinking behind the changes. I'm not arguing to keep coins. I will miss them though. They're kind of my thing.

Synergy Blaize and Mishikal like this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

How about this for deco:

Purchasing Crowns in the Add-On Store in amounts greater than 4 also includes a deco version of the pile included in the Add-On Store image!

[​IMG]
    Small Pile (9 Crowns)

[​IMG]
    Large Pile (19 Crowns)

[​IMG]
    Chalice of Coins (45 Crowns)

[​IMG]
    Chest of Crowns (115 Crowns)

This will not only add the gold piles that we've been wanting for a long time, but help drive sales of CotOs, and will allow us to have a secondary trading market for the deco versions. Plus, players will be able to use these deco versions instead of the actual valuable CotOs, adding those back to the market. Deco count goes down, the number of small items in use goes down, the price of CotOs goes down. Thats a win all around.

Bigg, Dragonhart, Metlore and 17 others like this.
  20. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

great idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.