Show me your awesome dungeons so I can tour them on the livestream!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Friday, Travis and I are doing a segment on player dungeons. We'll be showing off some new pieces he made AND I'll be touring a few player made dungeons! Tazar, AKA Dungeon Overlord Supreme, is sharing one of his but I'd love to see a few more.

Either post them here or private message them to me. Just send me the /loc information string to the entrance of the dungeon and I'll go check them out on Friday morning. Again, send the loc for the entrance, in the town/POT, not the actual inside of the dungeon.

If I show your dungeon on the stream I'll send you a rare dungeon room as a reward so go get busy!

2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I got a few rooms, some Deco... Nice and light - saving granite for those ornate rooms. :)

Come check out the progress. Entrance not fancy.. Book Pedestal on a lot full of Greenhouses. East of the town Square

Area: Bastion's Point (POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Bastion's Point) Loc: (-4.9, 38.0, 271.7) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCYXN0aW9uJ3MgUG9pbnR8KC00LjkyNCwgMzcuOTk3LCAyNzEuNjUxKXwoMCwgLTAuNzE5LCAwLCAwLjY5NSl8MjY4LjI5ODJ8MjMuMjYxOTJ8Ny4wMjAyNDI=

For You to find your way, and for any visitors wanting to explore. Mainly this is just seeing what I can do with the system, what works and what doesn't - test deco limits, etc

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Bom, CatherineRose, Engel and 2 others like this.
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I think @Xee's dungeon is definitely worth a look in Silverdale.

CatherineRose, Aartemis, Xee and 5 others like this.
  4. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I don't know if I'm to the awesome stage yet, but I've upgraded from the 50 point to 161 and soon beyond. You're welcome to take a look.

Area: Bramble (Novia_R6_City_Bramble) Loc: (50.3, 34.4, 141.4) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9CcmFtYmxlfHwoNTAuMjU2LCAzNC40MDEsIDE0MS40MzEpfCgwLCAtMC45NDMsIDAsIDAuMzMyKXwyMjAuMzQ0N3wyNi44NTAwOXwzLjA4MzE2NQ==

CatherineRose, Aartemis, Bom and 2 others like this.
  5. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

Building a big maze in my dungeon!

Area: Da New Pitmuck (POT_underground_metropolis_01_template/Da New Pitmuck) Loc: (115.0, 39.5, 128.2)

Gaelis, Aartemis, Bom and 4 others like this.
  6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

204 point dungeon.
    Saving up granite and cash to upgrade it more so I can add the lich and the spider room.

Was going for a maze with interconnected pieces

Area: Rinzai (POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Rinzai) Loc: (21.0, 38.0, 18.5) DBG: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KDIwLjk4MSwgMzcuOTk3LCAxOC40NjcpfCgwLCAwLjcyMiwgMCwgLTAuNjkyKXwtOTIuMjE4NDJ8MzkuMjY3OTl8MTEuMzI4Nzk=

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@CatherineRose her dungeon is in Dragomir Mori. It's really nice! It's the Circle of Stone Rift Dungeon.

Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (95.4, 38.0, 189.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KDk1LjM4NiwgMzguMDMxLCAxODkuNjM4KXwoMCwgLTAuNzU0LCAwLCAwLjY1Nyl8MjYyLjIxfDEwfDMuOTk0MjUy

Aartemis, Bom, Greyfox and 4 others like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Mine will be aweoawe, if i could ever get a stupid hilt blueprint to drop.

9. Freidenkmal

Freidenkmal Avatar

Gegend: Dracheninsel (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Dracheninsel) Koordinaten: (141,2, 89,0, 49,5) DBG: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWNoZW5pbnNlbHwoMTQxLjE3OCwgODkuMDAyLCA0OS41MDgpfCgwLCAtMC43MzksIDAsIC0wLjY3Myl8OTUuOTk0NDd8NC40MTgxNTZ8MS4yNQ==

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Heh, sweet idea.
    Still have to test the dungeon system myself. Do we have a "show of screens from you dungeon" topic going somewhere on the forum?

A well made dungeon system could be a nice unique selling point imo.

CatherineRose and Cirsee like this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Kingsport (15, 25, -13)
    Simple attempt at a dance floor in a 3x3 room. Note that the floor is off-center because the floor tiles need to go past the edge of the room to fit, and different walls allow different overlap.

CatherineRose, Aartemis and Bom like this.
  12. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

A dungeon doesn't have to be large to be interesting. This one represents the beginnings of an idea i have. To take it further i am waiting on additional dungeon functionality (npc conversations, simple scripting, locked/unlocked doors, etc.)

POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Verat Chaos
    Area Display Name: Verat Chaos
    Loc: (-21.1, 36.0, 408.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWZXJhdCBDaGFvc3woLTIxLjEyMSwgMzYuMDAxLCA0MDguMjE4KXwoMCwgMC42NzYsIDAsIC0wLjczNyl8Mjc0Ljk0Mzl8MTB8OC41OTQ5MjU=

in case it kicks you out before deco loads, the entrance is inside the adobe hut.

Aartemis and Bom like this.
  13. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

to many bugs in dungeons to have something to show yet.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, I crafted a bunch of wall torches earlier, only to discover you can’t place them on walls, at least the 3x3 room. You can however place candelabras on the floors, thankfully.

15. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I can't even worry about decoration, had till this release rotating rooms.

16. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

The Spider room still seems to rotate if you connect first to any door but Connection 1. Had that problem earlier. MAJOR pain cause the room Orphaned. Luckily I got it back without deleting.

Until I really started putting tons of rooms together I didn't really see how much you CAN decorate. There are a few annoyances
    that I have bugged that sometimes make things seem worse, like:

The X Hall doesn't all any wall decos but the other halls do. One or two of the L walls does not. T Works pretty good.
    The 1x1 decos nice, the 3x3 mainly Floor decos but i have got a couple torches to stick painfully.

Have not gotton lucky with ceiling lights or chandeliers.

Most of the encounter rooms rooms allow floor decos but not wall ones (which seems totally opposite of what I expected). AND to make matters worse, the approach hallways of those Encounter rooms dont do decos so its very bland heading into the room. You can't do ANYTHING to the spider room which is a shame cause its an AWESOME hub room. Not even any default lights in there. The undead ones need alcove and wall access.

That being said, and I did bug all these last release, if you see the dungeon I did, there are many, many decos in it adding flavor. after those fixes above, i think people will notice a stark difference. REALLY looking forward to Encounter Rooms, Doors (and Locks!), Traps and hunting for Monster Totem parts!!!

CatherineRose and Bom like this.
  17. Worfgar

Worfgar Avatar

Arx Draconis Loc (-99.2,89.0,166.8)

It's not super nice but the plan is to allow players to come in and choose their pain. I have most every room (7 in total) except for the Owls head dungeon and the Fall rooms.

Worfgar LLTS

18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Can't place paintings on the walls either. I think the walls of dungeon rooms aren't flagged as walls. Gonna mention it in feedback forum.

Hmm, the X was the one I noticed it in, and the 3x3 is where I tried to hang a painting. Sounds like I should take a moment to try the various parts first.

Sentinel2 and Jaesun like this.
  19. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

15 total dungeons toured! Lots of good ones. I'll show off as many as I have time for in my segment today!

20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well it is only a test dungeon, waiting on the store recipes/blueprints before I make the final version ;). thanks btw for the like.

The dungeon is located in the LOTM Keep in the mirror in Silverdale Market. There are lore books in the crafting pavilion in town and if you have been following the town events as to the Discovery and the relocation of the mirror and what it could mean...

Cheers,
    Xee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.