1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Crown Migration for Release 61

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

No more junk shrubberies too? :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rentier, Vaiden Luro, Cyin and 5 others like this.
  2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

My proposal would be to keep them or trade them on a vendor for Gold Cotos. This would:

A) Reduce their numbers
    B) Make the remaining rare

3. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

No extra work for devs if they leave them as they are.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Still a fan of sandbox & immersion and would rather than there being a 'gold pile deco', that you could move a stack of gold coins to a table, and it would produce a 'pile' deco depending on the size of the stack, while if you moved a single coin, it would produce a single coin deco. Plus do this mechanic with other things, too, like with fruits & so on.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

FWIW, I've only found eight or ten or so crowns dropped as loot since persistence, none of them gold.

Isn't there a wish list thread for existing deco to be made available as player deco?

They're not taking them away, there will still be placeable crowns, but they will all be gold now.

I've thought that since the day crowns were announced. It was simply way too complicated, and inflexible too. There was literally no use for them except for repairs or as exchange to a specific type of potion, when not all of those potions would even be equally desirable. On the other hand, gold crowns can buy so many things. Also, I think Chris and others are by now comfortable enough with drop rates to let all the loot crowns be gold. And if they want to use them in crafting recipes (like the dungeon room crafting multiplier), now there's only one type to consider.

I'm also against making regular currency be something like copper/silver/mythril/gold with funny multipliers. It's just such a pain in the ass. The UK got rid of that nonsense decades ago with decimalisation.

Even though those models might not be in-game, clearly they existed somewhere to make the store images from. They still might need a lot of clean-up to make them usable, though. After being shown by Scottie what he had to do with some Unity Store models, I have respect for the work it takes.

There's just no point for even the small amount of confusion it could bring about. And as I have already mentioned, the usefulness of the other seven types is nowhere near the gold ones.

But I'd rather see something craftable out of actual loot, whether ore/ingots or crowns. Plus... wait a minute... if they were crafted out of ingots, you would have all the metal types available to make your loot piles out of! The only thing I see is that you could get free producer XP for pile/salvage/repeat, so it would have to be a level 1 recipe, and might need a fuel to make the pile. As for the current deco crowns situation, add a "metal plate" recipe that you can craft that's about the same size, and preserves the ingot type.

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

redacted

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There is a possibility, tho im not sure anyone uses dropped crowns for anything, that turning everyone's loot-drop crowns into soemthing that cannot be used for purchases or repairs could cause problems.

If noone actually uses those crowns for repairs or potions, i dotn see a problem keeping them as deco, tho they likely will no longer be useable as crowns.

8. Cyin

Cyin Avatar

@Echondas those are clearly food arches.... junk shrubberies....pffff!

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

While I like the objects in the images, I really prefer the stuff I put on display to be things I earn rather than things I threw money at. But I do agree it would drive some amount of COTO sales. I would just hope there would be an in-game way to achieve the same thing for décor.

Dirk Hammerstrike and Mishikal like this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Probably. I just don't have to time to keep track of even all threads I'd be interested in.

Mishikal likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Kinda depends on what they're planning to do.. or if the change in general ultimately means less work in the future. Which I assume to be the case or there would be no incentive for them to make a change in the first place.

12. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Ahh - my bad!
    (doesn't mean I don't love 'em tho!)
    :D

Cyin likes this.
  13. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Do the cotos as deco cause an issue in the game? Like do they cause lag or something?

14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well it's a small item that people are naturally prone to replace together in large numbers.. more items = less performance. So the simplified answer is yes. To what degree I could not say. We have item limits on lots and in towns for a reason and people would argue it's a non-issue as the item limit caps the performance hit but that may also be an over simplification I couldn't really say.

I suspect there are other factors involved beyond performance.

15. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

All cotos are converted to gold cotos, including the ones used for deco. So, the item count stays the same.
    Removing the coloured cotos from the potion-crown-merchant makes sense. People are already able to buy each potion with gold cotos (drag the potion and the right coloured coto in the buy window and it costs 1 gold coto). This removes an unnecessary step.
    I like the coloured coto drop and use them as deco in offline mode (even they are not rare there). In online mode i use them for item repair, this saves one of the valueable gold cotos.

It would be sufficient that crown-merchants can buy coloured cotos this "migrate" them to gold cotos. That also means one is capable to buy a pattern with a coloured cotos by dragging the coloured coto and the pattern into the buy window. (The coloured coto is sold for one gold coto and the pattern costs one gold coto. The same with the potions now, but other direction.)

If it is about item count, piles is the answer....

@Chris
    What happen with the skull coins?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  16. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

LOL this is why I left the forums, ya'll dont get it. If we dont stop complaining about these TINY insignificant things WE WILL NEVER MOVE FORWARD!!

Let the devs make their change and BE HAPPY with their decision. Save your co
    Your sir have a FABULOUS IDEA!!Waste of time for the devs BUT its the best waste of time I have seen on here LOL!

17. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

perhaps there could be some sort of process using the blacksmith crafting station or alchemy to change the coin's color for decorative purposes but they still have the same value. (eg: electroplating)

Fiero Steele likes this.
  18. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

I love how people trivialize that which doesn't bother them. The facts:
    1) This doesn't fix any problems - players that get confused cause of different colored currency are always gonna be confused.
    2) This does zero to reduce the number of deco items, it just changes them all to gold
    3) People spent a lot of time collectiong these cotos and they use them as deco, removing them for no reason is just plain wrong.
    4) People have expressed concerns here about removing them that are understandable

This change is like 1 bean in the "Don't spill the beans" game and if enough beans are placed that pot is gonna spill all over. Its just a matter of time. Seriously consider what you are getting out of this bean as from my standpoint its damn near nothing but a >0 upset players.

19. Alleine Dragonfyre

My suggestion is less or about the same work. Making the non-gold cotos have no value except to be tradeable for gold cotos on a crown merchant so people can choose to keep them or exchange them is not hard and doesn't keep us from moving forward.

I do like other suggestions about making deco stacks and gold piles etc, but thats where we get more into unnecessary dev hours for this purpose.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  20. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

I swear people!!! Every time they make a change to something because they feel the change is needed because they have at their disposal far more data on this topic than ya'll you complain and complain. You do realize that right?? That They have more actual data on this than ya'll ??? and they are viewing this from a bigger picture than your one or two vendor counters with a handful of coin??? They have a small staff working on this game but ya'll disregard this and want them to cater to your individual needs.................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.