Where to check for updated Scenes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Knight Commander Tyncale, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight Commander Tyncale

Knight Commander Tyncale Avatar

I am still waiting for Noreach to get its scene updated, and was wondering if there is some sort of schedule that I can check? I also still have to Make an NPC: I want to make mine in Noreach, I assume this town has not had a pass for that either.

I am checking the update notes but nothing in there for the last few times. Thanks for any help. :)

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that would be a @Sannio question, i think. the last time lum posted a list was here, and a few things have been knocked off it since then (some of the brits, northwood, graff island?)

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Scene updates have taken a back seat since the downsizing from a few months ago. I wouldn't anticipate any any time soon.
    @Chris recently mentioned the upcoming need to ramp up on world builders (Of which I believe they currently have 1?) soon to work on Episode 2, but even then that will be their focus, and I personally wouldn't anticipate any major changes to scenes in Novia for the foreseeable future.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Sorry, but we currently haven't added any NPC Towns to the schedule for updating their names. I don't know when that sort of thing will happen again.

5. Knight Commander Tyncale

Knight Commander Tyncale Avatar

Thanks for the answers, guys. Apparently a lot has changed since februari 2018, when Lum the Mad made that post about submissions for Yew. That is very disappointing. Sannie, thanks for answering. That sort of reads like " will never happen" though I am probably not allowed to interpret it that way. Does that mean this part of my Knight pledge will never be delivered? I was contemplating putting in my NPC when Central Brittany was up for that but decided to wait untill Noreach since that is where I put my home. Bad call, I guess. :(

It is also kind of frustrating to see the text " Attention. This area is in early development and is currently based on another scene" pop up every time I am in Noreach. If you guys have abandoned the work of updating scenes then I would advise to remove these texts. Now they are just a sore reminder of what was once promised and could have been.

I just heard in Universal Chat that they may be adding new overland/nested towns in Episode 2: that seems like a bad move when so many towns in episode 1 are still waiting for their overhaul (and are abandoned, like Noreach is). Why expand the world when there are so many derelict houses?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Amelli, Cleome Arachnid and Gorthyn like this.
  6. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

I find it very disappointing as well. Considering too that all the finished towns are full up with housing (that appears rarely used with little to no activity), those of us who ended up with npc lots in the boonies and outskirts will likely never get a nice town in which to build any type of role playing community. I’m talking about outside of POTs, of course.

Amelli likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Avatar

Aren't there more lots opening up in some nice towns? Britt Fields and Wharfs seem to have lots available. Storm's Reach is quite a nice place too. :)

8. Nick

Nick Avatar

May? Overland has already been sold out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.