Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPCs walking away

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I don't recall it being such a big annoyance before. But it seems like the NPCs that have any kind of schedule / travel pattern don't like to stop when you want to talk to them. I ran into an Adventure Trainer just as he was heading to bed. I stopped him 4x along the way... and finally got him to train me in some fishing skills as he was laying in bed. Similarly for Kinga or Ronin. If they feel like walking, conversations break.

twofoldsilence likes this.
  2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I have experienced this as well.

twofoldsilence likes this.
  3. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I run into this a lot as well, and I personally think NPCs should stop following their schedule when in a conversation with a player no matter if they never reach their destination or not. Once the conversation is complete they continue walking their schedule whether it was to the original place they were going to or one or two or three after it, as I don't believe any of the NPCs need to be at a certain place at a certain time to give out a quest or move a quest forward, so from a gaming standpoint it doesn't make any since for them to not converse indefinitely with a player even if they're supposed to be walking a schedule.

Hermetic likes this.
  4. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Even in the shop they start to run away from one side of the room to the other and break conversations (i.e. Adventure Trainer in Central Brittany),

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.