How is Bludgeon after the recent buffs?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Kain Darkmoor, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Is bludgeon not so far behind in dps these days compared to polearms/swords?

2. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Not very much better, it was a slight improvement. Progress is progress tho, and there has been a noticable improvement with the last 2 tweaks.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Polearms need Nerfing.

Spinok likes this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Swords need Nerfing.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Boo

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

::grinz::

7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I never played bludgeon much until the last couple weeks, but I thought I'd try it out for fun since I got a free greater book anyway. I can't really compare it to how it was before, because I don't really know how it was before, but I think it's pretty decent.

Dragons and some other stuff are much harder or just plain impossible with no -heal mod or DoT, but some other things are much easier. Just about everything other than dragons can be knocked down, and some bosses are even stunnable like Kkongg and liches. I couldn't solo the Ravensmoore lich boss room before, but I can with bludgeon. Same with the final room of compendium. I actually noticed this thread just after posting a video I made of compendium finale in that combat achievements thread that I made ( https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...chievement-videos-how-to.144434/#post-1189181 )

The damage really isn't so bad when you consider that damage taken is so much less with bludgeon cc that you can use offensive stances vs. almost anything without getting shredded. Puncture bleed damage also no longer works vs. undead, which is a pretty big relative improvement for bludgeon.

I haven't really played it enough to completely judge, but it seems better to me than a lot of people make it out to be.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.