All I want for Christmas is a ... the Custom Duke Head I bought with my pledge.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Duke Gréagóir, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Title says it all!

2. Addison

Addison Avatar

I thought they gave you all developer crafted weapons instead? Not saying that's a fair substitution but wasnt that the deal they made with you guys?

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't think there was any negotiation...

4. Duke Gréagóir

NOT acceptable!

Weins201, Barugon and Duke Albert like this.
  5. Addison

Addison Avatar

I never said it was, I was simply ASKING the question. I would be royally pissed if I had pledged all that money and it got changed to something much less desirable.

6. Duke Gréagóir

And that is exactly what happened. No discussion. No deal. Just here let us take away this and give you a 1/100th of this instead. That is what it was.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I personally thought that was a pretty crappy substitution.

StarLord likes this.
  8. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

They never offered a deal, thats the problem ;)

Net and Weins201 like this.
  9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Did you receive the custom weapon or armor replacement?

Never got one.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  10. Addison

Addison Avatar

Oh wow! That is really disappointing for sure. :(

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

I thought everyone got their painting in game instead. Having a custom weapon in is pretty cool, I would like that for myself.

Also, nobody "bought" anything with pledges. Kickstarter isn't a store and all that. When you kickstart things, there's a chance you don't get everything you wish for.

It's not a cudgel for you to use to bash the heads of people working hard to keep a game alive; especially when you're already the richest, most privileged players in game. 200 steam players !

For shame.

The devs said it was difficult technically, that they couldn't spend the time on it.... They apologized and gave a substitute.

So much of the Anger, negativity and frustration in this game has come from backers who have way more than the average player that will fundamentatlly sustain this game, or not, and they still want more, more.....

I can't have sympathy for this, sorry. I already have so much more than most players and I don't have a fraction of what the Dukes got and have.

I know some of you in real life, you're really cool people, but I really suggest that you put some things into perspective on this one.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Crendel likes this.
  12. Duke Gréagóir

No, no painting was offered. Where did you get that falsehood from?

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

I guess from going to Minerva's town and seeing she had a couple of custom paintings I'd never seen before, including one of her. Or how her character looks anyhow :)

But I'm gonna guess by your tone it wouldn't have been enough anyway right ? not unless you got exactly what you want.

Shrugs. Good luck with getting the reward. If you don't want your custom weapon, feel free to gift it to me :)

Crendel likes this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Kickstarter potatoe = potato . Spin it anyway you want. I don't see the bards tale 4 kickstarter saying you get a turd instead of a boxed set because kickstarter says screw you.

If you have been paying attention, and by your tone you haven't, it was stated before that those who selected the weapon or armor reward are still waiting.

Great idea you had to say you are more important than anyone else so you should have their reward instead. Ego man , ego.

Addison likes this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Happy Holidays and walk in virtue, friend.

Addison likes this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

All those paintings were paid for by the Player to have the painting made by another player, then it was sent in to be added to the game. My understanding is to getting it done has a variable price depending on what you want, starting around $100. Pot's only involvement is getting them in to the game.

17. Stavros Black

Stavros Black Avatar

Yeah, not acceptable. One of the big draws for Duke was the custom head. Instead, we get a small handful of beads.

Cypher Black

StarLord and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  18. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Yes, this was the second most valuable component of the Duke pledge (at least for me) - so I still hesitate to accept something rather valueless like a custom weapon or armor. If I could finally place one of my pledge ships on a tax free lord forged city water lot deed (make it even account bound as the Dukes head would have been), I would be fine.

For those who have requested items through the form and did not receive any, I can feel with you. Translators, who worked with Travian Games on localization, are also still waiting for COTOs to be applied to their accounts for work done in August.
    (Too bad, now the bundles are expired.)
    Is it the team being overworked? Or something else?
    Forsaken virtues?

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    Sea Duke of Estgard

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  19. Duke Gréagóir

For me the Darkstarr and Lord British crafted weapons were available for other things before they just placed that as a reward for the Duke pledge instead of the custom duke head. This makes this just a "quick and dirty" fix and not a well through out replacement. I even remember the devs saving a Lord British crafted weapon for BMC over from testing into persistence. Our Duke reward Lord British weapons and armor is just like that one that BMC has. And actually tarnishes the uniqueness of the BMC weapon making it no longer special.

I am now expecting the devs to take every hat out of the grand tour hat group and remake them all for sale again with a minor tweak, just like the Yule hat was done this week. Rares are becoming more non-rare and that part of the collector in me is fading in SotA.

20. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

....you are doing the welcome Quest for new Players. Good to see that you are happy for them to celebrate Yule this year with a Yule Hat like we can do. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.