How to beat Riei Firefeather? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Nick, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Can anyone briefly describe how does one kill it with a party of mid level (<90) avatars?

What's the best defense for it and what kind of party is required.

Trying to gather information to write a book on it.

Nick.

Feeyo likes this.
  2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hey Nick. The phoenix doesn't require anything special. A dedicated tank and a dedicated healer help a lot, and archera in addition make the work quicker. A bludgeoner adept at stunning makes it easier. Douse is a good spell for when your cloak catches fire.

The phoenix at the ruins (forget the one - with the floating island) is an entirely different animal, though.

Nick likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Having good fire resistance and using water skills, like Douse, Shield of Ice and Ice field ...

Nick likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you don't have douse then take some water buckets. You can put them on your utility bar so they don't take up a combat bar slot.

Jaesun, Net and Nick like this.
  5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Here is a video that can explain it better than I.

Nick likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I believe that video predates a lot of nerfs, though.

Nick and Addison like this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Riea is very resistant to most magic, so you will want your group to be heavy on weapon damage.

Negative healing modifiers help a lot, because he regens really fast, so rend, skewer, and festering poison are all very helpful. Don't need them all, but you'll want at least 1 of those things.

He can be knocked down, so bludgeon is also useful. Range is also fine, especially since sometimes he flies around a lot.

Like others said, fire resist helps. Anyone in melee range is going to be on fire a lot.

Nick and Barugon like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks all. :)

Riel Firefeather

by Steel Cold
    (Jason_M, Paladin Michael, Barugon, Lesni, Cora Cuz'avich, Lazlo)

First Edition
    The Magic Press
    NBBN: 10007-00020
    Dec 2018

The famed Wyton's Folly. A desert landscape filled with high level mobs that I easily dispatched. Yet now, it seems that this will be my final resting place. The barren land is littered with burned bodies. I was fortunate to crawl away before that darn bird dealt the killing blow. But the fact remain, I am dying, unless a miracle happen.

And that miracle came. I felt my body glowed with a greenish tint. My bleeding stopped, and the gashes started to heal. Not too far away, I could see a man wearing a pointed hat winked at me. He gestured to me to wait, while observing the fiery phoenix. After what seemed an eternity, he beckoned me to come. I ran as fast as I could in this directed and swiftly dived behind the rocks beside him.

"Jason" he offered his hands. "Steel Cold" I replied. He added. "To be honest, killing the phoenix doesn't require anything special. A dedicated tank and a dedicated healer helps a lot. And Archers in addition make the work quicker. A Bludgeoner adept at stunning makes it easier. Douse is a good spell for you when your cloak catches fire."

"I have none of those. Just a dumb fighter with a pointed blade."

"Having good fire resistance and using water skills, like Douse, Shield of Ice and Ice Field makes a difference" Not too far away, a figure approached. "Paladin Michael at your service". Behind him, an archer smiled. "If you don't have douse, then take some water buckets. You can put them on your utility belt so they don't burden your combat skills. Oh, call me Barugon"

"Let me show you how its done." Lesni cried from further back. Licking his blade lustily. Bloodlust flaming his eyes. His dark shroud looks hideous. This outlander is not to be trifled with.

Another adventurer smiled and slapped him from behind. "This is not the old chicken that you once played with. Times have changed. We are all here to find out. Cora Cuz'avich at your service."

"Indeed", added the last figure from the group. "Riel is very resistant to most magic, so you will want your group to be heavy on weapon damage. Negative healing modifiers helps a lot, because he regenerates really fast. So Rend, Skewer and Festering Poison are all very helpful. Don't need them all, but you'll want to at least have one of those." Flexing his arms and admiring his biceps, he continued. "He can be knocked down, so bludgeon is useful. Range is also fine, especially since he flies around a lot. And like they said, fire resist helps. Anyone in melee range is going to be on fire a lot." He bowed, "Lazlo."

"Ready to samba?" Jason smiled. I grabbed his hands and pulled myself up. "Why are you all here? In the middle of nowhere" I asked. "Anya, the Mistress of the Sun, sent us here on a quest for its feathers. Lucky you. And one more thing, this is the phoenix, it can resurrect from its ashes. Be prepared to fight him twice."

We readied our weapons and charged forward. Spreading out to prevent the phoenix from striking us at the same time. He was nowhere to be found. Curious, we kept our weapons up and explored further. Not too far away, the phoenix lay dead. A man stood beside its lifeless body. Spitting on it, he cut of it's talons and went on his way. He muttered a single word, and the wind carried that word to my ears.... "amateurs"

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Witcheypoo, Lugonal, Jaesun and 7 others like this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

:D

Hey, are you implying that I'm cold?

10. Nick

Nick Avatar

Nope, I am Cold, and you sir, are a life savior. Atchooo

Jason_M likes this.
  11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Get well soon. Look me up in game if you'd like to party for real... or virtual...or less not-real... ;)

~Jason Moryn

12. Nick

Nick Avatar

Book has been published. It can be found on my vendor at CICI's Bazaar. Its right at the end. You can't miss it. :) Thank you all who has helped make this possible. There'll be more books to write, hope you guys can help when the time comes.

[​IMG]

Jaesun, Adam Crow, Barugon and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.