Tamed Pet Concept 2: Giant Lungfish

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by thesometimeslurker, Dec 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Creature Name: Giant Lungfish
    Min. Taming Level: 100
    Min. Fishing Level: 80 fishing, 80 Swamp Fishing
    Min. Summoning Level: 90
    Creature Health: 1600
    Tamed Health: 920
    Location: Has a ( x )% chance to spawn after a successful catch in a swamp area.
    Special Qualities: Will increase its own attack damage by ( x )%. Will unsummon itself if not near water or Douse is not cast on it after 10 minutes.

These abnormally large fish are often quite content to keep to themselves, generally digging into the muddy waters of the swamp whenever humanoids approach. However, there have been tales of swamp fisherman hauling in and provoking these large fish. While many other fishermen typically laugh this off, stating that fish only flop around on land and are completely helpless! However, the startling truth is that these fish have evolved to be able to breathe on land as well as water, though they do prefer to stay within muddy/wet areas. When provoked, they will often show off their jaws, their top fins extending to their fullest length, before charging in.

What do you guys think of this type of amphibious tameable?

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Interesting, but aquatic creatures, this would be low on the list compared to Sea Serpents and Giant Seahorses.

Perashim likes this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Yah, not a bad idea, but I think we need better land crawlin' tameables first.

4. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Since there are many different bodies of water, I just wanted to make something for the swampy areas, and to give some people more reasons to fish ;)

Oh definitely, and the ones we have could use some work (which is why I'm excited for R62), but it's still fun to come up with these concepts.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Reminds me of a D&D campaign where an evil druid enchanted a school of piranha to breath air and fly, then proceeded to chase the party around. I think we just uses the stats for stirges, but was a lot of fun to describe. Flying killer fish!

Jaesun and Perashim like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.