HI... I am pretty new in this world...

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Skye Azure, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hang in there @Deja Moo !

You'll encounter hiccups from time to time. If you need a hand or just want to take a break from the main quest for some good old fashioned adventure, look me up in the world: Jason Moryn

Deja Moo likes this.
  2. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

Hello again,

Time for an update...

Firstly... This Community is so Friendly & Helpful & Kind...!!!

FRIENDLY > I have asked for help in Universe chat = got help!
    HELPFUL > Met & chatted to some players along my travels = Really helpful with advice
    KIND > Very generous in upgrading/gifting me new gear!

As for the Truth, Love & Courage Quests. (I didn't give up!)
    I used Elwyns guide & googled a lot! & have managed to complete, Truth & Courage Quests.
    The Love one is still too hard for me... I cant beat Anapa & his Boney friends :p

Between all of you who have replied here & the players I have met ingame... I feel I have made some great achievements :)

The only real speed-bump is it seems to be an ongoing battle with having enough exp. points to be able to perfect or upgrade my skills.

Thank you all once again for being an amazing Community!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Alleine Dragonfyre and Addison like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Use Sammael as your tank, right click on an enemy and tell him to attack.

I'm glad you're enjoying!

Jaesun and Deja Moo like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Because the game gets a big update every month, online guides and videos can become outdated very quickly. Worse, it's not always obvious that something has changed- maybe it's a quest bug, or they changed the combat behaviors, or something that is not immediately obvious to someone learning the game. Your best course (after reading the player guide) is to ask here- you will nearly always receive prompt responses from the community.

Deja Moo likes this.
  5. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

I have just "battled my way through" the missing ale shipments in Owl's Head, Kingsport & Braemar...

The quest set-up, is not intuitive & I found myself confused again, after typing many responses.

I finally completed it with the help of this old thread :)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...aemar-has-no-ale-quest-how-to-resolve.124964/

It is a bit frustrating, that the quests aren't clear on what is expected of you or don't have the keywords required after you have visited & talked (about everything) to various NPC's (as the quest asked)

Anyway... Done & Dusted!
    YAY!! :D

Next.....!

Addison likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, that is one of the oldest quest chains in the game, and some things have changed IN the quest, so it is pretty confusing.

Deja Moo likes this.
  7. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

Unfortunately, Sometimes when I seek help/advice in Universal, it seems the TROLLS are present :(
    I asked before about where I should go/ what I can do, to raise my exp. at level 54
    .....Because it is a struggle to balance questing, with enough exp. to raise existing skills/ or to learn the next ones... (especially when you are flying solo)
    & was told to go & fight a Dragon... :eek:

I may be new to the game, but I am NOT that stupid !!!!
    (given my experiences so far, as a somewhat cautious soloer)

BUT...
    it is a shame, there are some people who "think" they are funny
    & want to lead newer players "up the garden path" to failure & quitting....

I guess it is a sad indictment on how some real life people are these days....

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

They usually just tell me to flag PVP ;)

You don't need to fly solo. You seem like a nice sort. Make some friends. They'll help you out. Get enough friends and maybe you *can* kill a dragon :cool:

Deja Moo likes this.
  9. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

Yeah, I get it...

BUT, either newer players are welcome....
    or not..?

I have read a lot about this game & how it needs new players to join.
    Maybe the things I bought on the store are worthless to helping this game to move forward?

I guess there is nothing that can be done to change the mentality of some people who play MMO's.
    It baffles me to think, that some idiot, want's to lead you to failure, & think they are funny?
    This narrow-minded mentality "could" be destructive to a lesser player...

Although, I am kind of proud, with the things I have achieved so far...
    None-the-less... I did log out, after the stupid comment....
    It's disheartening to get that sort of response when you are genuinely seeking help to move forward.

Maybe it IS time, to stop "flying solo" & I find myself a Guild, with trust-worthy individuals, who can help me on my journey after-all.

I see a lot of Guild names above players heads.
    Is there anywhere, I can research a Guild here to see if I want to join?

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Deja Moo likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What you are not doing, is exploring areas and seeing for yourself what is a good area for you.

12. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

The quests I have done have led me to many different zones... some started out with yellow mobs (which are now green to me = easy) & others had red mobs (which are now yellow to me = somewhat challenging)

I really have explored a LOT.

I have now locked certain skills, so they wont gain, but my adventure exp is at around 100,000 & my crafting exp is 1,200,000 (but I haven't crafted anything - don't know what I want to do as a crafter)

I have been very lucky and met some players who have given me some awesome armor & a bow & a whole lot of scrolls, foods & potions.
    I guess I will have to make some crafting decisions soon. But am trying to build up my gold, skills & resources, before I start crafting anything.
    I am leaning towards making myself self-sufficient in consumables which seem to be scrolls, potions & foods.
    With repair kits, my armor & bow are holding their usability & dont seem as important as the consumables for crafting.

The only groups I see in Looking for Group are wanting player 80+ for upper tears (UT I have discovered is the abbreviation) & fishing groups. (I havent done any fishing & it doesnt interest me)

It seems that mid 50's are the soloing group, but it's really hard & slow going to go it alone & I don't want to hassle players to babysit me, when they could be out doing whatever they have fun doing.

Just seems like hard & slow road to get up to adventure/skill level where you are useful to others & not leeching off them.

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, sadly the 50 - 70 AL is really a pain. But sticking to areas that are yellow and manageable to you is your best bet.

You can also make your own group! Make one called Stuck In AL 50 Hell.... :D

14. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

I get it, that maybe I should start my own group for adventuring...

That seems fine in theory... but I feel that group starters/leaders, should have a clue as to what the plan is?
    I certainly don't feel skilled enough, to lead a group, especially as I could inadvertently be leading a group of hopeful exp seekers to their doom...

Yes, I do know that in the long run, death means nothing much since a few releases ago. (Been dying a lot myself, trying to adventure forwards)

But as a group starter/leader, I would feel responsible for a group & with the skills I currently have... firstly, I don't know where to go, secondly, I certainly cant protect the group nor res them.

So, personally, I don't want to be the one who calls for a group & leads the followers to their slaughter...

Being at this level seems to be a Catch 22 stage.
    Whilst I am sure I am not alone, I am not going to start a group & lead others into their potential doom :(

It seems the only way forward is to keep challenging myself & hope I can survive enough to feel like I can achieve stuff & have fun. Google has been my best Friend in finding quests to challenge me so far...

It seems that I need to accept that I am at a Level, that requires persistence to fail/succeed/fail/finally win, or quit the game...
    The consolation is, that I am obviously not alone. Many have been at this stage & moved forward.

I am just not going to be The One, who calls others to try to beat the odds to either have a good time/succeed or die to gain exp etc...
    Time will tell which option I end up with in this scenario...

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Just title the group "Level XX-XX Adventuring Party" and hash out where to go through chat after people join up. I have a terrible record as a party leader in such situations, but nobody will hold that against you now that decay isn't an issue. Usually the point of such groups is to potentially get yourselves in over your head.

Deja Moo and Jaesun like this.
  16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just go for it!

Deja Moo likes this.
  17. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Mid-levels are best levels. You have the knowledge and skills to see the world, but you're still wide eyed, excitable, and many scenes still present a challenge.

I have seen quite a few mid-level party groups. You needn't be shy about it. Partying is a great way to work on your healing and buff skills. The better you cn heal and buff party members, the more popular you'll become.

And don't think of veteran players as babysitters - while it's true that some of them have limited play time, many are more than happy for a break from their own routines, and nobody will begrudge a little adventure.

And don't rush the main quest. Take your time, enjoy some sude quests and exploration. If you need a place to live, being a tenant can be a formative experience.

Good luck!

Jaesun, Vladamir Begemot and Deja Moo like this.
  18. Floors

Floors Avatar

I can vouch for that :p:D:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

This isn't a game where you can join on Dec 20th and have the endgame done by Jan 3. (Unless you've done it already and are speed-running it).

So you will need some more patience. Remember.... Patience is a virtue !!! (it isn't....)

Deja Moo likes this.
  19. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

I have completed the Love Quest.. (I LOVE questing!)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  20. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

Hi Vald. I used Elwyns quest guide & It was EXTREMELY helpful.

In fact sooo helpful, that I have completed The Oracle quest, got my shroud & am now a proud new homeowner :)

Thank you for your advice & help EVERYONE!

Jason_M, majoria70, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.