Kahli: The Ancient City of Legends (RP-PvP)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Elgarion, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I use https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to help me determine timezones. Keep in mind though, it has a few ads, but my adblockplus does block them. Seems to be a pretty safe site regardless. And soon, you'll have our silly day light savings time mess to deal with. Think it kicks in during November. It'll either do a + or - 1 soon. Either way, it's a 3 hour general come and go as your character would, RP what you'd be doing, type event. It's not a scripted event albeit many of us have ongoing story lines you can involve yourself in AND you can introduce new storylines to us as well ;)

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

OOC: A few updates about Helheim, which is a guild-independent housing community in the Kahli region:
    • We now have five houses claimed by individuals as their private homes, and two houses serving as community facilities (the meadhall and the bath house). This means there are still six homes up for grabs. Get them while they're hot, but be aware that for people that we do not know yet, a trial period of RPing with us and/or hanging out with us in Discord is required.
    • We welcome Arzu Dilara, Aslinne Gradh and Lily Byrd to Helheim.
    • Due to our beloved Magnus' extended absence, the position of tavern keep for King Grannus Meadhall, that comes with free use of the meadhall's attic, is open again. To apply, please contact Helvig Ingvildsdottir. There is no wage, but you keep all the tips from your patrons. and may use the meadhall for events anytime.
    • There has been a lot going on in Kahli in general, and in Helheim specifically. A sealed tomb underneath the ruins of the Temple of the White Cabal makes people restless, and some report strange influences coming from there, including voices that talk to them. A mysterious portal has suddenly opened and is said to be related to the rumors of the Obsidians rising again. Talk to one of the residents to find out more, or attend one of our meadhall or bath house events. Current Helheim residents are Voelund Ildhammar, Olthadir, Fei Akhart, Thai, Hannah Alpenglow, Arzu Dilara, Aslinne Gradh, and Helvig Ingvildsdottir. Currently active residents of other Kahli districts that are involved in general Kahli RP are Elgarion, Ashyeena Marsh, Adam Crow, and Erich Ruhl (if I forgot to mention someone it's because we haven't interacted).
    • The post with the details about Helheim has been updated: Kahli: The Ancient City of Legends (RP-PvP)
    We are happy to RP with everyone, independent of their guild affilation or hometown. This is a place with few rules, tight friendships, and no hierarchies. We welcome new friends, casual visitors, but also (from an OOC point of view) those who would challenge us through hostile RP.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  3. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Just seen this post? Wow this is great!!!

Aeryk, CrandalltheFoole and Olthadir like this.
  4. Elgarion

A very good status update! Thanks so much, Helvig! And grats on the new settlers in your outpost. :)

No kidding, Helvig and crew are rockin it :)

5. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

Hello!

I had a blast reading about Khali and all the time you spent putting into the lore. Tickled my RP bone something fierce!

I came here because I had a few questions about what I saw.

When I read about your town and saw about the Obsidian Remnant you had there, it got myself and my husband thinking. We are both RPers, and like the idea of perhaps (even if temporarily) using the Obsidian Remnant. Here's why.

My character comes from a line of those who were part of the Obsidian Empire, you know the ones where you think they were all killed but one survives with a pice of their history and vengeance in their breast. As she grew, she was taught about her lineage, and given what looked to be a normal pendant, but inside had a tiny sliver of (supposedly) Shardfall. She has found a likeminded person in her now lover and husband (my husband IRL) who continue the teachings and memory of the Obsidian Empire where they go.

Would you be interested in having us possibly pop over there? I'm not talking for like .. constant PvP or anything. But maybe to spice things up sometime?

Sonja, Aeryk, Fei Akhart and 4 others like this.
  6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Best thing to be doing - especially in a RP situation.
    Post the activity on Discord and here so that you will get a group to participate.

Aeryk, Fei Akhart, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Add me to your friends list please. I'm currently looking for anyone and everyone that is interested in RP/PVP. I run Boreus village, one of the areas in Kahli and I could always use some players that are more interested in pvp to help with attacks, quests, events, etc.

8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Hey there. I suggest you talk to Elgarion who is the owner of Kahli. I know he is actively looking for dark/evil characters and even has some free housing for dark or evil guilds or groups of friends willing to RP in Kahli. I think he could also hook you up with some of the few other darker RPers that frequent Kahli.

And of course feel free to come to Helheim (district of Kahli) any time, even if just to stir some trouble, as long as it's IC and with style. Add me to your friends list, please. I am Helvig Ingvildsdottir.

Sonja, Aeryk, Katrina Akhart and 4 others like this.
  9. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

Will do next time I'm on! :D

Okay, got you both on my firends list, and joined up on the Discords!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Aeryk, Fei Akhart, Olthadir and 2 others like this.
  10. Elgarion

Glad you're enjoying the lore! Did you happen to listen to the orations done by Asclepius for the orated version of the lore? I can repost the links if yer interested ;) He did an absolutely fantastic job and even put in cool soundtracks etc whilst he read the stories.

I haven't updated the main thread for the Obsidian Remnant in a while, but it looks like the story is about to shift significantly for the Remnant. It's a very good time to get in on it, because my alt, Kala Sharee's story is about to culminate into what is probably going to either be an attempt to destroy him or set him free into the world again, which will likely lead to him regaining control of his old towers at the Remnant with other like minded "evil" or "strict order" type folks. I'd love to have you guys in on the story, so stay tuned. :). My main RP time is SAT and SUN morning 9AM to Noon CT, but feel free to contact me here or on discord for more information. I stream SotA from 9AM CT till about 2-3PM CT Mon-Fri as well, so feel free to chat with me while I'm on Twitch on the LegionofMyth channel if you care to catch me then as well.

Looking forward to the darker side of Kahli's lore finally getting revealed, and I'm super happy to see some willing participants. I'll get the main post altered to better describe the current plans for the Remnant. Originally, I was going to hand it all off to a guild, but I've taken such an interest in the darker side of things for the town, I've decided to join in on the evil side and help develop it. But there's still much room over there to hand off to people who want spots in the barracks and perhaps to claim a tower depending upon how the story develops as we interact.

See you soon. :)

Sonja, Aeryk and Fei Akhart like this.
  11. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

Happy New Year, friends!

I created this video as a way of honoring all the RP that we did during the year! Hope you like it!

12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Fei Akhart I really enjoyed your video. It made me wish I had been there as well.

The music was great.

Thank you

Aeryk, Elgarion and Fei Akhart like this.
  13. Elgarion

Wow! Super nice -- I didn't even know you were brewing up a video. Great job Fei! And I'm honored knowing that there are those having fun in me little town. :)

Happy New Year to you and all as well!

Aeryk and Fei Akhart like this.
  14. Vicious Malice

Vicious Malice Avatar

Happy new year everyone!

I recently moved to Kahli, as Lord Kala Sharee has been so kind to offer me control of the abandoned Tower of Daggers until a more suitable master is found. In order to offer everyone more interesting plots I am hereby looking for others that are drawn to the darker side of things. Preferably you have an interest in the power that old Obsidian lore and artifacts might grant, but any background is welcome, we will find a reason to work together, for now. I'm not primarily looking for uber PvPers, but for RPers that are able to convincingly roleplay a dark and/or evil personality explicitly with the goal of not griefing their fellow players. You must be willing to PvP, but if you're not particularly good at it (yet), that's perfectly ok.

Accomodation in the basement underneath the Tower of Daggers or at the nearby barracks can be provided. This is not a guild. I am merely seeking likeminded individuals in order to start some "evil" RP. It can get lonely on the dark side.

My name in-game is Malice Lanart, but the few people that ever spoke to me know me as "Maluna".

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Sonja, Olthadir, Aeryk and 4 others like this.
  15. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

I loved this idea! I hope more people get engaged!

16. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

The people of Helheim have victoriously conquered the fortress formerly known as the Kahlinburh. (Well ok, we found it abandoned. Which only means the enemy fled before our arrival.) :D

We have therefore decided to allow nature to reclaim our shabby old houses in Helheim village and move into the fortress where we will have more room and better defenses at our disposal.

The so far unnamed new location is of course offering the same amenities as our old Helheim. There is still the bath house with sauna, available to all citizens and their friends 24/7 and open to the general public during announced events. The meadhall is currently being rebuilt. We have a slightly larger structure in mind as it did get quite crowded in there during events. We are also proud to say that we now have three shared outhouses in the settlement. There is a town hall with a large rooftop patio for sparring.

Currently, we have only three row lots and one village lot open for new members of our community. The hard requirement to be granted a place in our settlement is that you are a roleplayer that actually RPs in-game and that you stay in character at all times when around other RPers (and preferably also around non-RPers). It's a bonus if you roleplay a character that has some kind of link to old norse culture (e.g. an actual norseman from the viking age, or a modern-day viking re-enactor or asatru, or someone from a culture that holds similarities with old norse culture), but that is by no means a must. Only viking style buildings are acceptable inside the walls of our fortress. People settling in Sequanna Parish, the district right under our fort, have free choice of housing style and are welcome to everything the fort offers as long as they keep a peaceful relationship with us.

We also offer rooms to those who do not wish to build their own house in Kahli. Requirements are the same as above. You will be able to pick from an unfurnished row-house attic, a furnished very small lockable room with bath at the Nos Giliath guild house, two unfurnished lockable basement rooms and one furnished lockable basement room. There is also one entire three story viking row-house available as a first home for a new member of our community (courtesy of Elgarion, application required). This house can come furnished or unfurnished.

Members of our small community that have only a row lot in Kahli are eligible to planting space at the community garden right outside the fort. We can guarantee every owner of a row house that has no larger home in Kahli a minimum of one large planting bed (20 plants).

There is a cozy non-PvP crafting basement with all crafting stations. Cooking, alchemy, blacksmithing, carpentry, and tailoring are expert crafting stations giving a bonus. There is a remote bank device at the crafting basement. A crafting merchant has set up his tent right outside the crafting basement. A banker is outside the fort's gates, where you also find wagons taking you to Braemar and to the overworld.

I will post screenshots of the new location during this week.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Sonja, Aeryk, Olthadir and 4 others like this.
  17. Elgarion

Updated: Removed Rowtown Meadow (was removed from town and map), Changed Helheim to an open available outpost temporarily called the Sylvan Outpost, Updated Kahlinburh to become Helboer, now claimed by the former Helheimers, summarized all lodging concepts into a single paragraph towards the beginning (if your outpost offers lodging and its not listed, please, as always, let me know), updated the Temple of the Four and the Obsidian Remnant to show as claimed, returned Dragon Bone Hill to show as unclaimed. Removed Gilgarth, now simply shows on map as unclaimed lot, no longer will it be highlighted as a separate location in this spotlight thread since there'll be more remote village lots soon.

I still need to update the map and update 2 pictures. (soon)

In the coming months, I'll be adding more village lots in anticipation of more being used by players with the changes to property. Likely, I'll also be removing 2 outposts to make the map seem less crowded and to provide more battle space between outposts. Likely the ones to be removed will be the Sylvan Outpost and the Horseman of the Vale.

18. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Honestly, I am not finding the time to work at or recruit for the Gardner's of Kahli.
    I will get my stuff out in the next few days, and let you know when it is empty.
    Thanks for the opportunity, but things happen.
    Ordezko

19. Elgarion

No worries, I'll get it updated soon. :) Thanks for the heads up and good luck out there! :)

Aeryk likes this.
  20. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

It is empty, so long and thanks for all the fish.
    Staying on here just for the PVP announcements, I may sneak into one or two.

Aeryk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.