Incoming COTO Devaluation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floors, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

So what does everything think about the fact that 1 COTO will be 100 COTOS in the future ? This will give us more resolution but also means the value of COTOS will drop by one hundred fold as far as IGG is concerned.

Thoughts ?

dcyumyum likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Would you mind giving some more quick anecdotes on this? Why is 1 COTO going to be 100?

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

It was mentioned on the Jan 4th livestream. Because the Devs said that it will be more in line with other top games out there.

They will also be taking away the 5 dollar COTO pack from the store.

dcyumyum likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

If 1 COTO is currently worth 6500 Gold, then in the future a single COTO will be worth 65 or 66 gold each.

dcyumyum likes this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Ahh.. when they say to make COTO to be in line with other game, I thought they mean to just make item purchasing more accessible and strip off most of web site add on store.

Totally miss the part where COTO value will be inflated.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

It will make Deco with them a lot less painful.

dcyumyum likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Topic reminds me of this,
    [​IMG]

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

That's something like multi-denominational currency should have worked. Copper = 65. Silver = 650. Gold = 6500. People could keep copper or trade up to minimize the coins in their pack. And then nobody would have to worry about devaluation, and the devs could have kept in line with how the gaming industry worked. Instead it was just a mess. But whatevs. :>

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Huh... doesn't that defeat one of the main reasons they gave for consolidating all COTO's down to gold? They specifically mentioned the "performance hit" of having all those little COTO's all over the place....

macnlos and Katu like this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

K1000 and dcyumyum like this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah. I dunno how true that was honestly considering they're also about to raise POT and perhaps even house limits.

dcyumyum and Mishikal like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The only rally important points is that they are adjusting the price of COTOs so that you will get less for your $ and they are getting rid of the $5 COTO purchase from their web store.

dcyumyum likes this.
  13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

What do you mean "Less for your $"? If the one COTO in my pocket is worth 1$, and overnight it changes to 65 COTO, I still have $1 value don't I? I fail to see any devaluation here. Yes, 1 COTO will be worth 1/65 of what it used to, but a real world $ buys 64 more than before. If a potted plant sells for 1 COTO now on a vendor, afterwards the price will be 65 COTO, still $1 in value.

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

The devaluation means that 1 coto will no longer be worth what 1 coto is currently worth. Hence, it will be devalued. I am not in any way suggesting that players will lose any money from this; but it does mean that cotos might not hold the same value since they're no longer pegged to a dollar, but a penny.

dcyumyum likes this.
  15. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

They should have just kept the other denominations, like I appealed to them to do, and most of you told me I was wrong, and use those for pennies, dimes and nickels. Oh well, LMAO.

I think they sold us a line of BS telling us Cotos were causing load issues. This was the real reason and I don't like being intentionally misinformed. I suggest it not continue.

16. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

They changed 1 COTO = 1$ to 1 COTO = 1 cent. So 100 COTOs = 1$ = 100 cent.
    After the change goes live everyone should have 100 times more COTOs stored, there is no devalue of your COTOs.

Instead of 12 dyes = 8$/8 COTO it becomes 12 dyes = 8$/800 COTO or 1 dye = 66 COTO (0.66$).

Another point is how the COTO-Trader deal with it. They are also able to sell 100 COTO stacks at the current 1 COTO price, to reflect the changes. You get 100 COTOs @6500 gold instead of 1 COTO.
    But it is much easier to raise the coto price, eg. selling 10 cotos @700 gold sounds not to costy... and results in 100 COTOs @7000.

However on the player COTO-Market you get 1 COTO @ 0.5$, after the change it should be 100 COTO @ 0.5$ or 2 COTO each cent.

Lord Trady of Blix and dcyumyum like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Currently, $10 gets you 9 COTOs and $20 gets you 19 COTOs. After the 1:100 conversion, $10 will get you 750 cotos (a 17% drop in value) and $20 will get you 1600 COTOs (a 16% drop in value).

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If it ends up helping the game succeed, then it's all fine by me...
    Just my 2cents ;)

19. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Get your **** together and fix what is broken (quest system and tracker) instead of again working on something so not worth it...ugh.,

20. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

How is changing currency in game going to help it be more successful? How and why does it have to be changed to mirror other MMOs? Is there an MMO law that says you must mimic what others are doing? I thought SotA was supposed to be different.

We got our other color cotos switched because of load issues, but now they are raising the POT levels to handle more deco? Won't that increase the load times even more?

You can really see those that don't understand devaluation. Yes you are getting less in the long run, be it pennies on the dollar but still less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.