Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Etceter Crag Mines

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by Barugon, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why did you remove this mine from the teleport list? What was the point of that?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

StarLord, Belladonna Rose and Jaesun like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I was sure it was stated when they talked about the Tele/zone scrolls that some/most scenes that had quest related content would/could not be teleported to. So that is the explanation I gave my guildmates. Apparently that zone in particular slipped through the cracks and got added to the Tele/zone thing. It is sad that we cant now but its not game changing. At least if you tele/zone to Cragfoot hills you get the choice of which entrance and can go to the closest one to the mine.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the summary, @Belladonna Rose ! This is all correct information. But, I'll also add that the inability to use teleport scrolls to enter Etceter Crag Mines is a temporary issue. Yesterday, I did a combination of fixes and improvements to the "Black Iron Ore" part of the truth quest, part of which included me making adjustments within Etceter Crag Mines. Those changes included changing the mines so there will no longer be separate versions for multiplayer and solo/quest. And this will mean we can once again allow teleporting into those mines. (These changes will go live next release, Release 62.)

StarLord, Elwyn, Barugon and 3 others like this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

@Sannio, whilst I have always been super-pleased that you take a very personally and passionate interest in the current quest system and seem constantly to try and improve what we have and fix what is broken, I am a bit baffled when I read the daily updates about the time being spent on patching up the current system. Given it is due to be replaced within a year (maybe sooner? I don't know) it does seem a bit of a fruitless use of resources as well as a thankless task for you.

7. Sannio

You're talking about my fixing and improving existing quests? Those quests won't be going away. Also, at this time I don't believe they'll be converted into the new quest system. Basically, I'm pretty sure the old quests will use the old system while new quests use the new system. For players, this may be an invisible issue. For me, it'll mean maintaining quests using two distinct systems.

Jaesun and Barugon like this.
  8. Worfgar

Worfgar Avatar

Would it not be more efficient to transfer those existing quests into the new system so you don't have to maintain two quest systems?

Mischievous Dragon and Jaesun like this.
  9. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

Is that an issue of data entry / migration? Community volunteers could help out there.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think it's probably more like minimizing the chance for massive borkage.

[edit] That and if it's working, don't fix it.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

OK I follow. Thanks.

12. Sannio

I would LOVE if we could do that, but it probably depends on the functionality of the final version of the new quest system.

Exactly!

Astirian and Jaesun like this.
  13. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

So we are going to have 2 quest systems... Well that promises more problems then we are having now.
    And stating dont fix what is not broken seems like a weird statement on the current quest system status..

If you are implementing a new (improved?) quest system, then I would expect all quests are going to be imported to the newer (improved?) quest system. And drop the old legacy system.
    Now it sounds very amateurish how development is going behind the scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.