Feedback lord or lady of the isles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I really think this needs to be more than a year or completely tax free. The biggest reason not to get a large deed is the huge tax drain. If I were going to spend this amount of cash I’d just goto secondary market and get a TF deed, imop you have fulfilled your obligation to original pledgers consider full tax free on these just my .02.

Also it’s time to allow people to convert their tf land deeds into tax free water deeds for POTs esp since they were not even around when the pledge thing was created.

Vox Aquila, Bom, Vrunk Hrrk and 7 others like this.
  2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines too. Do the royal scepters work normally (paying half of a lot's taxes for a month) on the Crown store keep and castle deeds?

With this castle deed, I'd hate to pay taxes after paying such a high price for the deed. It is water/land accessible and place anywhere, which is awesome though.
    • Ring? no thanks... I'm not a RG super fan
    • Homes? make some new home styles already - I own everything I'd place except for some investor rewards, so the store is looking really weak on homes. I know it's a big investment of time, so I would make them telethon reward unlocks maybe? Don't give us the home, but pay to have new homes designed?
    • Castle walls? eh
    • 1400 crowns? Much better
    • Basement? Definitely nice to have here

I do agree the one-on-one's have a lot of value for some people and that's pretty cool. Not my bag though.

Maybe you can create more of these packages with reduced options or place the deed for sale independently?

Anyway, I'm glad you added some new whale content to test those waters. I think they are all gone now, but we'll see.

Bom, Joeziggy, Hazard and 5 others like this.
  3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

If a castle deed is tax free for 1 year = gold savings of 365K = 10K per day

Simply put, this is what they are offering
    & if you don't think that the 1yr tax free Castle lot, plus all the added extras, are not worth Your RL $'s,
    then plain & simple just don't buy the Lord of the Isle package.

I certainly won't be buying it.
    But for some folks,
    the added perks may be something that appeal to them & they are willing to pay for....
    I guess it depends on the wants & desires of each person
    & how much disposable income you have for this kind of purchase.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Bom, FrostII and Elwyn like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I have no intentions of buying it, I would like portal though to actually sell some of them. The more money they make the better the product they can put out.

I seriously doubt people will buy into these unless the deeds are Tax Free. It’s the number 1 reason people jumped into to the high pledges originally.

Vox Aquila, Bom, Addison and 7 others like this.
  5. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

It may also be beneficial to clarify - is this 1400 Crowns at today's current rate, or 1400 Crowns after the re-valuation that is coming (since the product states items will not be delivered until R62 at the earliest)? Big difference. I assume the former, but you know what they say about assuming...

Bom, MrBlight and K1000 like this.
  6. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Yes I agree, it seems a horrible value having the deed TF for only a year. I guess it would be an OK value if the price was half what they are asking. But for 7k, I think most every player, even the hardcore, will pass.

Bom, StarLord, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, they do.

Bom, Beli and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Since it's in the store description NOW, before the change (which AFAIK is not happening in R62), it obviously means the current "old" COTOs.

I think they can find 24 people, probably even by the time of Ep2 official release.

Bom, Sean Silverfoot, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes quite a surprise at the packages being offered for episode 2. So many places we could have taken it. I really don't know of too many who could support a taxed castle deed for very long. So for my feedback on this new addition is I say let's re-think this and take it down.

The coming of episode 2 should be an exciting thing. Any offerings should reflect this. Like if mounts are to come in then special mounts could be included and so much more exciting. If castles are to be offered let them be tax-free as a new pledge with a payment plan and etc reflecting episode 2 and beyond. Why even do something like this? hmmm

Bom, Gia2, Joeziggy and 4 others like this.
  10. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

While I know some people like these really big packages.. I think Port should recognize that some of the people not playing this game are ones that think it is too expensive. This type of package was a step proving those people right. I think they are offering less in these than the blood reliquary packages. It is a poor value and not going to help the perception of the game.

I also agree that if you are paying that much money, the deed should be tax free. Pledge packages included a place anywhere tax free deed; so having a POT only I really don't have a problem with. POTs need more encouragement for people to settle in them as it is.

Bom, yinki2, Synergy Blaize and 6 others like this.
  11. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Feedback noted... we’ll discuss ASAP

Vox Aquila, Elwyn, Bom and 12 others like this.
  12. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

For sure such "special" items are interesting for people who can afford it.

I was and are still expecting a kind of great Episode 2 bundles providing the possibility for many Avatars to participate ...
    giving alot people the feeling of beeing welcomed to invest in this game :)

Current prices for the bundles are providing about $180,000
    but: a few items have to be send out ... more things have to be organized ...

making about 10 bundles, starting with $25 raising up to $1000, selling to 1000 people could provide another $200,000 ...
    --> ingame items only! No transport, etc.

Hopefully looking forward :)

Bom and Yolo SoLive like this.
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I think @Cirsee is spot on there.

Being the owner of both a town and village founder tax-free and place ANYWHERE deeds, I can understand the dilemma present when offering tax-free properties.

I also know that EVERYONE who has purchased ANYTHING in the store have one thing in common - the desire to see SotA move forward into the future for as long as possible.
    All of our investments will be worth zero if Port is unable to continue moving forward, which is where I am on this.

But I also know Port's reputation will be in the toilet if they break their own promises.

Personally, I would have no problem with them changing the new packages to being taxable after 1 year IF they are placed in any NPC town, but forever non-taxable if placed in a POT.
    That would be a compromise I could live with and Port still get's to move us forward financially.
    My 2 cents.

Boris Mondragon, moko, Bom and 11 others like this.
  14. Floors

Floors Avatar

For that kind of money you can :

Buy an extremely finely built french style oak media center.

Buy the latest Rolex Explorer at "new" price.

Buy a pair of the best headphones in the world, the Stax SR-009S.

Put a downpayment on a Condo.

Buy an inexpensive new car or the majority of it outright.

Considering what everyone knows about the game and what you actually get for that money that this point.. it's a really hard sell IMO.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

My payment plan was 82 dollars a month over the course of time. This allowed me to contribute to the game and get some nice things that allowed some freedoms. I never expect or want to get that money back but never could I have contributed like that without a payment plan. There are players who are willing and able to do a payment plan but cannot do a large lump sum. IMO by not offering payment plans for large costly bundles and packages for funding will be much less than if we also offered payment plans. This is our outlet, this is our hobby. We are gamers. If we find a game we enjoy and have faith in we will contribute well some will. Like in Everquest 2 of course I purchased a flying mount. Who playing the game would not if they were able to and I don't have a large budget for things like this.

I want this game to succeed and to offer things like the Lord of Isles is not it. Taxed is not it. I want the game to get things it is still missing like mounts, boating, treasure hunting, a better journal and questing system, and a good achievement system. These are things I can stand behind. These are the things I believe in funding, things that would tie the world together with lore and exploration reasons and things that contribute to make it seem to be one big world instead of broken up scenes not showing how they relate to each other and the rest of the world. ok I'm done and thanks @Chris for listening to us.

edited

Cirsee, Bom, Dwalin Bombardin and 8 others like this.
  16. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

Devs announced they want to put the online store in game due to the optics for new players than puts $7K bundles on front of store?

Cirsee, Bom, Gia2 and 4 others like this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Agreed. I'm not saying they shouldn't have it for the wealthiest players, but I think it's negative PR value is worse than the value of the 300 grand or whatever it is that in brings in.

This is how they want to do stuff tho, even after admitting the cash shop would be better if it was buried in the game, and then now we have bundles that are not as good as the (no permanent lots) previous ones...

Caveat Emptor.

The bigger issue (I'm not buying something like that at this late stage...) is that if these are the top bundles for Ep 2, that means that we may never see permanent lots again. That immediately raises the value of all the Kickstarter backers possessions, but it is a little sad, I had assumed that new bundle types themed for ep 2 would be coming with PA Unlimited deeds. Paying taxes... it's not fun.

Bom, K1000 and dcyumyum like this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I agree with this, one final though personably I think POTs are better than npc towns anyways.

The important thing to think about though, pot owners tend to blindly approve row placement requests the larger deeds might be harder to get permissions for in pots.

Cirsee, Bom, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Either that or TF in Ep.2 areas as it is an Ep.2 oriented bundle.

moko, Bom and Alley Oop like this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Come to think of it, did Port ever state that "place anywhere, tax free lots" would be for Ep 1 ONLY ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.