1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shipping Phase 2 Update - December 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Majoria, I've always admired your upbeat and positive attitude! But I feel much the same way as Sammegarian.

It's not "free" to play in my mind - I spent way more money on this game than I have on anything other than DDO. (Not as much as many other people, but still close to $300 which is a lot for me!) I had high hopes for it, but I was disappointed by the game itself and I'm very disappointed by the way this whole rewards thing has been handled. I don't find the game fun to play, and the friends I'd hoped to roleplay with also aren't really interested in it. It's been a huge let down all around as far as I'm concerned, and it's hard to work up any enthusiasm for it. I don't go around dissing the game, but I certainly don't recommend it to anyone.

To still be waiting for the physical rewards I should have received months ago is just adding insult to injury. Telling people to make sure they had all their details correct by whatever date it was in October, implied that the remainder of the orders would be shipped soon after that. There were only supposed to be a few hundred that were missed, yet here we are in mid-January, still waiting, and apparently it might be several more weeks. (And yes, I have emailed support... again.)

I'm not excited about getting them any more, I'm just hoping that maybe - one day - they might actually show up, since I did pay for them and all.

Amelli, bloodydragon and Sir Frank like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you @Karrolanth. Yes I know many players wait for physical goods they think they should have received whenever they think they should have received them. I was not interested in them I have to say so it didn't matter to me. My box sits on the shelf unopened still in the cardboard it came in, forgotten.

What I do care about is the game and that the devs do all they can to bring this game to a successful state. There is no reason I see that it can't be done with the right focus and management and funding of course. We are still missing some very important basics imo that I harp on any chance I get but I will not do it here. I wish you the very best as I also wish that for this game going forward. I too have friends who have left. I am very aware of those reasons which gives me incentive to keep up the good fight for success for this game. Best wishes to you.

Sentinel2 and Jaesun like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's just speculation but I think the reason that not all packages have been shipped is this: Portalarium provided a large sum of money to a certain partner for advertising. The money was spent but the advertising never really happened (at least not to the extent that was expected). This hurt Portalarium quite a bit financially and now they have to spread out the shipments (and the cost) in order to stay viable.

Again, this is totally wild speculation.

Elwyn likes this.
  4. Katu

Katu Avatar

Quite wild yes, when considering the fact that it was not Port who paid, but "certain partner" paid licence fees of 1M to Portalarium (and more )( IIRC, from those public filings ).

MrBlight and Jens_T like this.
  5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

This part seems dead-on to me.

Cordelayne and Barugon like this.
  6. flyingirony

flyingirony Avatar

ok, have it. But now i need some time to realize thatshipping to europe should cost 30$ .... wuuuuusssaaaaaa please give me mental strength

Amelli likes this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's better not to speculate on stuff if you have no evidence.

8. flyingirony

flyingirony Avatar

WHAT taxes....$35.70 (incl. $5.70 sales tax) **** it

Amelli likes this.
  9. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

I’ve spent an ungodly amount of money of this game, and somehow I have yet to even receive an email saying my package is on the way or even delayed. How can I be exited about what appears to have been a rip off. Do I have to a Texas telethon to get them myself? Or do I need to pay more money to get what I already paid for.

Amelli likes this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

I also have, but I got my box set, which was very nice btw, about 4 months ago. I empathize and sympathize with those that have not gotten their dues, and can only suggest staying positive and proactive regarding getting the box will be worth it in the end. Email support.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Send an email to support. They are still shipping boxes. It has been a very slow process with lots of glitches and developers doing the job of a shipping person which perhaps is not in their skillset. I'm sorry for all the frustrations but no-one is trying to rip anyone off. You just have not received it yet and just keep letting them know that and you will receive it eventually. Best wishes to you.

12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Support left for another ‘verse.

To be clear, I am sure someone will answer it, but it does not relieve the angst that many a Canadian friend has expressed in a lack of box.

Amelli and Lady Addy like this.
  13. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

@Stryker Sparhawk If it makes you feel better, I'm actually in Texas and still haven't received mine either.

Amelli, Addison and nimueCW like this.
  14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That doesn't work, the universe will simply conspire for the delivery to arrive on your doorstep while you're in Austin.

15. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

:mad:Just
    just did, here’s the response...

“Thank you for contacting us! We have received your request and are working on responding to you as soon as possible.

Since we are a small team, please allow up to 10 business days for a reply. During release weeks, responses may take longer.

The Portalarium office will be closed December 24, 2018 to January 1, 2019 for the winter holidays.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you in advance in your understanding.

If you have any additional information to add to this case, please reply to this email at any time. For a faster response, please do not submit an additional ticket. Thank you.”

So considering it’s Jan 19 and the holiday message is still on their auto message, I’m not expecting a quick reply. Oh well see you in a few months...

Amelli likes this.
  16. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

I am a duke level pledge from Kickstarter 2013. I’ve already paid for the $15 international shipping and confirmed my shipping address. I still haven’t received anything in the mail yet. *shrugs*

Amelli, GraveDncer and Addison like this.
  17. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Same here, but I am not sweating it.

Cypher Black

18. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Same, at this point I have more or less given up even asking about it any more. If/when it shows up, it will. It doesn't change the ability to play the game but it is disheartening.

K1000, Stella Moon and Cordelayne like this.
  19. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Still waiting

20. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Same here. Lord level pledge. Still have not received shipping confirmation.

Amelli and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.