Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Truth Quest - do I need to reset all my quests?

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Raven Swiftbow, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

1. Title: Truth Quest - do I need to reset all my quests?
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Only for quests
    4. Details:
      - I have several characters, one of which was created in March, 2018 (Camriel Swiftbow). I recently began working my newer characters through the Shroud quest lines, and am now working on Camriel. I had done all 3 Outskirt scenes (I started him on Courage line), and now that he's a bit stronger, I went and completed the Courage Path.
      - I then went to Aerie to speak to Arabella (to get moving on the Truth Path), but she told me I was not on that path [note: the only thing which shows up in my 'to be done' Journal is going to Ardoris to start the Love Questline]. So then I went to Blood River - but when I entered the scene, it gave me the "you've already been here" scene and not the "solo/first time visiting" scene.
      - I do not have a bonesteel dagger in my pack. I definitely have not finished the Truth Path on this character as I do not have a bonesteel crown either.
      - I do not have my quest items filtered out of my backpack. I can see that I have the Grannus scepter.
      - And here's where I fear I messed up. While I do not remember having done this, I'm afraid that I may have entered Blood River at some point, but not done the scene completely = i.e. I may have been in that "first time" scene at some point and just ran out without picking up the dagger - not thinking about the fact that if I came back later to do the scene, it wouldn't be the "first time" scene. As said, I don't remember doing this, but it's the only explanation I can come up with.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: See above.
    QUESTION: If the foregoing is what I did (ran out without picking up the dagger), is there any way to "get it" now? Or is resetting my quests the only solution?

Thanks for any response to this one you can give. If push comes to shove and I need to reset my quests, I can do that - I'm just very thankful I didn't complete both the Courage Path and the Love Path before I discovered this!
    1. User Specs: (n/a) - I would have used a full bug template, but I'm having to post this from work. Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Don’t reset your quest. You can only do that 1 time.

Also make sure you are not filtering out quest items in your inventory? Just making sure of that.

You don’t need Arabella to start the truth quest. You just need the dagger from Robert Villines in Blood River. I would start by speaking to him and see what he has to say. Could you have possibly missed him?

3. Addison

Addison Avatar

This should solve it. I had similar problems completing this and I found that retracing my steps and talking to the various story based NPC's in Blood River eventually got me the dagger. It can be a bit convoluted, but you can get it! :)

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Raven Swiftbow

@Jaesun Thank you for the thoughts - but... (First, just for clarity, I do not have my quest items filtered out. I really should have put that in my original post - I'll edit it to show that - thanks.)

When I go to Blood River, Robert Villines is not there because the scene it puts me into is not the scene you see when you first enter the scene. Instead, I get the scene that you see after you've already been to Blood River. (Which is why I think I must have stepped into the scene early in this character's life - probably thought "I don't want to do this one yet!" and left.)

(I'm not exactly certain what his name actually is, I was thinking it was Villaine or something - Robert whoever-he-is, lol)

P.S. @Addison Am I missing something? Is Robert still there somewhere?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The normal Blood River area is the one to go to.

[​IMG]

As you can see, Robert is standing by, waiting for you to come talk to him. :)

I think you are confusing yourself with something entirely different.

Also, when doing the Virtue quests, make sure you are in PRIVATE mode. As shown above.

Raven Swiftbow and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Raven Swiftbow

Ha!! @Jaesun - I'll bet that was the problem - I think I was in "Open" mode! I remember the days when if you entered one of these scenes it automatically put you into "private" mode.

Nah, I don't think I was confusing anything - other than the fact that now I have to go into Private mode before I try to enter the scene. Thank you so much for that precious tidbit of knowledge!!

Oh - and actually - come to think of it - they haven't been consistent. I mean, I just finished the Courage Path and when I went into Ferig's battlecamp it did put me into private mode. (I'm sure that now that I've finished the Courage Path, it will not put me into that private instance.) I remember that because I tried to show Ferig's to a friend (on this same character), and it put me into a private instance.

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Sorry about the confusion you've had, especially regarding some scenes sometimes putting you into a multiplayer version and other times a solo version (which, at the time of implementation, was required for quest purposes). Problems and confusion like what you've encountered are the reasons why I'm not a big fan of this technique, and whenever possible I try to remove issues related to them. In fact, this release I'm reworking access for Etcter Crag Mines to "collapse" the multiplayer and solo versions of Etcter Crag Mines into one standard scene. I won't be able to do that kind of thing very often, but I'll keep an eye out for more fixing opportunities!

Oh, and thanks very much to @Jaesun for helping you troubleshoot your issue!

8. Raven Swiftbow

@Sannio Thanks for your work on these scenes! Aye, when @Jaesun mentioned it, it dawned on me that with the recent changes (now 'open mode' in all towns, etc.) that it likely messed with assorted scenes which might have been flagged differently before.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.