Longtime Ultima player fundamentally disappointed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tomprogers, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

Gia2, Cordelayne and Addison like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sean Silverfoot and Jaesun like this.
  3. Makkion74

Makkion74 Avatar

Hmmm....LOA run better, has the puppets made with paint, and the graphics that reminds me the first The Sims ... I would have been surprised by the opposite.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, you gotta take what people type on the net with a grain of salt. Some people say Project Gorgon looks better than SotA so.....

I really only have time in my life for a single MMO. And it's gonna be this one for a while anyhow.

5. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I played LoA for 3 days and feel taken advantage of for 29 dollars. I really don't see a comparison for there to be an argument. Sure it runs better, there is nothing there except disappointment. The content comparison of that and Sota is no less than night and day. I played sota 2 years solid before I started to look to other things. Sota has performance issues but a gaming community with aging gear and the others who just know how to turn it on repeatedly carry blame from what I see.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I look at the two games and I don't understand the comparison? Legends of Aria (at least from images) looks like a top down game more like UO, whereas SotA is nowhere near like that? Maybe the comparison comes from the fact that Shroud has its story based on many Ultima elements, meanwhile LoA looks Like UO, so people want to compare them?

I for one am sticking to SotA, yes, it is lacking in many areas and I would like to see many things worked on, but there are things that SotA can offer me that no other game can.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  7. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

agree with OP 100%.

Dwalin Bombardin and Addison like this.
  8. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Why is this post even still here? This is SoTA not umpteen million other games to compare it to since October of last year. If your posting here, you either like the game, have played the game or quit the game or playing the game now. I could care less if you have quit for good. Lets focus on new players.. We are getting new lands soon. Bring some good hype about it. Tell all your friends. Share it on social medias, hell someone Tweet President Trump to come join in the fun. Heck tell Obama too we will have some good guild wars lol

9. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Reason for comparison is simple:

They are both targeting the same niche market.

Every player that Sota gains is a lost potential LoA customer. And the other way around.

They are both aiming for the Ultimas.

Does not matter if Games are different.

LOA, not released is now growing to 3.2 k and still growing
    SotA 1.6

If you check Twitch you see LOA gets its niche streamers with around 300 watching frequently.
    And Twitch Stats show growth.
    LOA is hiring currently- another indicator.

So that and other numbers show me indicators that make me laugh about saying LOA is dead.

If i Log In always full of life.

The Developers are also former UO employees and know Richard personally

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Cordelayne, Boo Ladedada and Addison like this.
  10. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Lmao!

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  11. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I've seen video of LOA and it's definitely not the greatest looking game. I'm actually not sure what the hype is over it or how they have so many people playing. Be that as it may, the devs need to continue to focus on getting this game to be more playable. It's good how it is right now, but it could be better for sure. The pressure is on!

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Just so you know, you can enjoy BOTH games. It is not a one or the other. I play both games.

How many developers are on LOA that worked at EA on UO? From what I can tell one co-founder Supreem did with the Age of Shadows team and the other one co-founder Draconi who has left the team already. So 1! I have not seen anything else that any other person on the LOA team worked on UO at EA. If you have this information, please share. Thank you.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

LoA?
    Legeds of...?
    Which would be the 4th or 5th game named legends of that comes to my mind that was created in the last 2 or 3 years. Humans....we aren't very creative at times ^^
    Non the less i would like a link to take a look. From the vids i saw here i am rather indifferent at the moment.

14. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Ok. Have to adapt to your logic - If someone leaves a project his prior footsteps are not valid anymore. Well then of course you are correct. Tim Cotton then is ignored with that logic. He was even part of the first interviews about Shards Online Vision.
    That is like saying Stephan Danieles Work for Shroud of the Avatar does not count as he left the company.

And yes. You can play more then one Game. Sigh - Since when does this mean it is not a competition?. I can also eat in 2 different restaurants in my town per week. Or i can use 2 different Gasoline Stations on different days.

Me: Coca Cola is competing with Pepsi for the same customers
    Duke Greagoir: Just that you know. You can drink BOTH.

Ok. Yeah. Then apology. Then Coca Cola probably has no impact on Pepsis income. Sorry.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

@Myrcello , You and I have mostly gotten along. Just want to say I just don't get why people that do not play keep coming back to a games forum to continue to debate stuff. Seems a totally unproductive waste of time for you or me (if I didn't play). I just don't get it. Life is short it just seems like such a waste.

Wish you well personally and enjoy what your playing.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

For the same reason i still haunt the Fallout76 forum. To try to help to make the game better + to see if any improvement was made.

17. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I wonder, having given Portalarium a lot of money to make the game the way Richard described, at what point do we decide they're not going to make that game and stop encouraging them to do so and just walk away. I think that's what keeps some people around.

18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

But how do you make a game better if your not playing it and do not have current experience with it? To me you can only tell, for yourself, any improvements by actually going in and playing it.

In any case I said my piece, just wanted to get it off my chest.

19. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I do play. Last time i did i was sitting with a player on a bench in game and we had a nice chat.
    I did check the UI and the Housings and did check the vendors.
    I still think that new free to play players do not understand that the high prices on the cash shop are Crowdsourcing relatet.
    They get scared away.
    I noticed that i still feel it is to much RMT feeling overwhelming me.
    I do still think like i suggested that they need the strongest feature housing become far more accessable at start.
    I think often that maybe Modding could be a option for SotA to think off.

A dissapointed customer is not a lost customer.

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That's fine. The line between actually helping to improve a game and obsession is a small one indeed. And we have a couple of obsessed people for sure ^^

To answer your question: yes and no. It really depends on what your issue with the game is I guess. Fo76 for example is so flawed on a basic level (for me of course) that reading the patchnotes and the complaints on their forum is enough for me to see if their are working on what I think is flawed.

Cordelayne and Sean Silverfoot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.