Any Episode 2 Overall Participation Explanation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vyrin, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

So, I was surprised to see this in the update:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=102722#Lord

Thus far, for Episode 2 funding, unless I have missed something, I have seen:

A Stretch Goal
    An Early Access package
    And now, the Lord of the Isles Bundle

Is there any explanation of what the overall options are going to be to participate in Episode 2? (Besides what has been granted through Episode 1 funding)

The great thing about the kickstarter for Episode 1 was that you could see all the options laid out (although they changed afterwards) and make a reasonable choice among them. There was one start time for all the options. There was advertising and some overall descriptions of what was taking place.

Right now, this just seems like testing the waters for funding options. For me, this doesn't inspire participation like Ep. 1 did.

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

A curiosity for sure.

The question has been asked in the past.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

They stated quite some time ago that there would be no Kickstarter for Episode 2, and considering the ongoing heartache and grief they still suffer from the original Kickstarter, I have to say I agree with the decision.

What I suspect will happen is we will see a return of Bundles as new human cultures are produced, but nothing more equivalent to the Kickstarter's Pledge Packages. I suspect one, possibly the first culture to be introduced for the Serpent Isles will be Greco/Roman inspired.

Lord Stein and Jaesun like this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. I am not discounting your Greco/Roman Guess Rufus D`Asperdi, I was just hoping for a Pirate based influence first. Everything except ship encounters are already in the game.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Highly Likely! I'd forgotten about the demand for Pirate... It may behoove them to do them first... Afterall, we are talking about a bunch of Islands.

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I hope we can get recipes/patterns for the clothes worn by pirate NPCs. They're very tastefully done. :)

7. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Since we are on Pirates topic, how about throw in a few Viking Ships. Not a row boat. Have some Viking Pirate Wars perhaps :)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Ragnarr Lodbrok
    , I have a pirate ship in my harbor in New Fawn. I am just waiting on it to become sail-able. Come take a look at it in New Fawn. Pirate flag, crows nest, and Canons. Aye Matey what fun it will be!

9. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

I will be glad too Warrior B! We Vikings like our raiding and pillaging! ( I have a ship as well, but I would like for it to have a more Viking look to it as if Floki crafted it for Odin, not the skull and crossbones crows nest and canons :) )

10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Yes! That would be a big seller. Viking ships as transports. A Knarr for open seas (54 ft long) and a Karvi for plundering the coast (70 ft long).

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

We have a HUGE Pirate fleet in Dragomir Mori. Check it out :)

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There are so many popular features this game could pick up to roll out for episode 2. I just wish they would jump in and give in. I know they would cost money but truly holding these back from the game has been imo part of the problem.

Not having basics like achievements, the better quest system and choices system, a type of factions system for pvp, a raid system, and making special things like, mounts, boating, and treasure hunting as the draw instead of making it always seem like a maybe if we get the funds for episode 2 we can. It is frustrating to watch. Let's go for it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  13. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

i cant imagine an island add on without real boat.
    but boats not even on stretch goals...
    how much $ needed to add boat in in game?

14. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

I believe dev's have already ruled out ships of any kind or size being able to be put in this episode as I think have most if not all the original stretch goals. The funding is not there.

At one point when all the big groups were forming up guilds were coming to life and alliances were being formed between player owned towns. There was a pretty good bit of information being leaked out by players who seemed to have some connections with the dev team and knowledge of the games development path.

While never publicly confirmed to my knowledge. Ships and all that entails was to be the big expansion of the game in episode 2 .

Somewhere between launch and last fall that idea seemed to be completely squashed. At least from my corner of the world down in Longfall.

It is my hope that many of the player owned towns including mine that are barely alive will at some point find their way and new players will step forth to live out their online dreams.

This game is a blast when all the players are working towards common goals along side the development team. It is critical that we keep our communications friendly and supportive of each other.

I would not expect the scope of EP2 to be anywhere near the size of EP1. This game did not exist, it took a ton of resources to get to launch. Unfortunately, it was not as well received as they/we had all hoped. But that water is behind us. You look ahead, plan your course and steer your ship into uncharted waters. That's are goal and mission.

The good thing is the dev's have been doing exactly that, taking inventory, rethinking the game plan, making adjustments, prioritize what needs to be fixed and slowly moving forward. Yep they will make more mistakes. Yep they will get more right and more fun into the game as we sail along.

As they attract new funds, things put on hold will be brought back up as well as new ideas we come up with along the way.

This game was incredibly fun to play despite all the bugs and lack of completed or polished systems. What made it fun was you guys and girls.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  15. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Ships will probably make it late in the episode set. They still want to do them and stitch the world together. They do need a way to gate episode 1 only capable players in episode 1 areas. So open seas makes that a bit more difficult.

Suspect there will be a change on tele to friend/zone as well when that gate is put in place.

16. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

That is optimistic - Port has not mentioned anything official about Shipping in relation to episode 2. The last time I saw anything about it was in the “2 year plan” back in summer 2017, most of which is not on the table any more. This a zone based game so the concept of open seas is nothing more than a zone, so that isn’t the issue. It is a money and resource issue.

So many people want Shipping, I think it is safe to say they would mention it once in a while if it was even a possibility. Simple marketing says they would pitch Shipping to get people excited and stay with the game, but I have not ever heard it as a feature of episode 2 (oddly, there is not even an official post on episode 2 features I am aware of - only verbal mentions during live-streams). I hate to be a Debbie downer, but folks really should just forget about it being possible for episode 2 (unless a ton of new money comes in).

By all means keep asking for Shipping, as I would love to see it happen, but wishing for it to happen in ep 2 when that just isn’t reality will only cause disappointment. The only things you should expect are the minimum items mentioned by Starr - new land, item affinity, treasure maps, crafting and skill enhancements and dungeons.

majoria70, Sir Frank, Addison and 2 others like this.
  17. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Right, I think they want to squeeze in the other stretch goals first such as houses not being at a fixed position on lot, pack animals, mounts, etc.

Basically people want all tha things. Just a matter of time and resources.

18. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

None of the things you mentioned are planned either. The horse stretch goal will not make it, and they aren’t even trying stretch goals for anything else. Again, it’s not that I don’t want those things, but thinking they are in the current reality of episode 2 is wishful thinking.

Cordelayne, Sir Frank and Addison like this.
  19. Nick

Nick Avatar

Sure hope they fix the basic complaints for EP2 first. Quests/Journals, Combat, Low population etc....

20. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

I don't think your Dragomir pirate fleet should ever venture out of the Bay of Storms and sail north. Because there be some very mean and nasty pirate fleets up in Spindrift Bay that will gladly baton down their hatches and sail forth to shiver your timbers all the way down into the deep briny blue... and if we ever see your much beloved queen Catherine Rose upon the open seas, we will surly put her on the end of the plank! AYE!

Sea Bear

Boris Mondragon and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.