SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have been trying to figure out how http://sotawiki.net/sota/Tomb_Dungeon_Entrance will NOT show up on the http://sotawiki.net/sota/Smelting_recipes (you will need to click on the ... further results link.) It then loads the next 50 recipes, but Tomb Dungeon Entrance will now show up there? (this is ALSO a smelting Recipe).

I just could not see an error or incorrect field on the Tomb Dungeon Entrance page? Obviously I'm missing something heh

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it loads the next 50, but the link on that page to load the next 50 after that (100-150) is where it would be alphabetically. that link is broken. manually changing the url for the 50-100 page and changing the offset to 100 does bring up the next 50 properly and tomb dungeon entrance is right where it's supposed to be in the list. it's not a problem with tomb dungeon entrance at all.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Both "next 50" for the 3rd page and switching to "100" increments break for me as well. It just redirects me to the main page.

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Sorry guys, it appears the updates we installed may have broken those "further results" pages. The original link works, and if I add the code to the URL to increment manually it works, but the automatically generated buttons are getting the wrong URL appended.

I'll look into options to fix this. I'm not super familiar with these special pages, so bear with me if it takes some time. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sentinel2, Cordelayne, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

you would remove him/her from the bookseller list page by removing the vendor type on the individual's page

Code:
    |type=Vendor
    |specialty=Bookseller
    but i would suggest you bug it rather than removing, if they've gone missing.

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah! I am doing a bug report now, just to confirm they ARE indeed gone. Thanks!

8. Alley Oop

there's two bookshops!

Area: Brittany Wharfs (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs) Loc: (414.9, 37.4, 275.8) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCg0MTQuODgxLCAzNy40MTIsIDI3NS44MzgpfCgwLCAtMC45NDUsIDAsIDAuMzI2KXwtMTIyMi4zMDV8MzIuMzA3M3wxOA==

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is there a way to access the games art files to add some of the missing icons? Or I could carefully crop an in game image.

10. Browncoat Jayson

I do have some icons I can add, but they are several releases old. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten newer icons for several releases now. If anyone has some, please feel free to send me a set, otherwise yes we will need to start using screenshots. That not ideal, of course.

If you do add screenshots, make sure to crop them as close as possible, save using a PNG format, and upload using the <pagename>_icon.png convention. Then they will fill in pages automatically, and if we do get icons, they can easily be replaced.

Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok thanks @Browncoat Jayson ! I use GIMP and can very carefully crop some in game images.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Unfortunately I can’t seem to find the EXACT setting in GIMP to save a single png with a transparent background (like the others on the site).

If anyone can figure that one out, let me know!

13. Browncoat Jayson

I don't use GIMP anymore, as Paint.Net was a lot easier to learn and has the plugins that I needed. However, I think you need to set the Alpha layer correctly to use transparency. See this topic: https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-using-web-transparency.html

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh for fracks sake! I think there is some issue with Chrome. It's not either refreshing correctly or who knows. Tried viewing the site with IE and they all now properly display properly (with transparent background). *rips hair*

I added the following from an in game screen shot and edited with GIMP:

http://sotawiki.net/sota/File:Lava_Fishing_Rod_icon.png
    Checked the page here and it looks fine http://sotawiki.net/sota/Lava_Fishing_Rod
    and finally looks fine on the Fishing Merchants Inventory: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Andrew

Hopefully these look ok?

I'm actually quite familiar with GIMP and know all about layers and alpha channels/transparent backgrounds.

I'll now continue on to update some stuff! If I'm doing anything wrong just holler! It's ok :) I DO want to actually help, and not break everything for you. :)

Alley Oop and Mishikal like this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Looks good. I did remove the icon code from the Lava Fishing Rod page. Since its in the format "<PageName>_icon.png" (i.e., Lava_Fishing_Rod_icon.png), you don't need to add it to the item. It will refresh automatically overnight, or you can preview the item page (with no changes) to force the refresh.

Jaesun likes this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson

Mounted Antlers is now Mounted Stag Antlers and it's a tanning recipe rather than carpentry. Probably needs a redirect.

Not sure if there is a recipe you can buy in game, I'll check in a bit.

17. Browncoat Jayson

Thanks @Mishikal . I'll move those topics to the correct title.

Mishikal likes this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson Recipe currently appears to not be available from the vendor in Etceter, so I filed a bug on the fact it appears to be missing currently (although it should still be discoverable until they add it back in game).

19. Alley Oop

that may not be a bug. there are a lot of trophy recipes that were given to every account directly, so there would never be a need to buy them.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Doesn't exist in my recipe book, even though I had the old one. So no, that's not it.